2nd Mar 2017 - IMSA Weather Tech (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
No worries. Think it's just a practice session at the moment but thought I set it up as a qualifying run. I will skip to the next session if you guys want. Should be a 24 hour qualy

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
On 2.3 bar boost and weather conditions for the race???

The best I've managed is a 2.14 with quite a few laps of trying, seems unpredictable under steering most of the time then a random surprise oversteer. Really can't get this car to flow nicely.
Oh god no, that's with full boost, 0 wing and a million tweaks using my patent pending Clucks-random-slide-o-matic-technique™ and strictly for time trial willy-waving.

As I said, I ran 100% default setup first and did a 2m06 on my second lap.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
firstly thank you @Mark Baggaley for opening up the lobby..

and secondly i shall be missing this event lol i dont like the car.. so have fun all happy racing.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
unfortunately i have found out that I wont be able to race in this or at least for the next few weeks. BT have mucked up by new broadband order, i will get switched off on Sunday night and don't know when i will be back.

Good luck to all who race

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Tried a time trial much nicer, still a bit uncertain about the car but was lapping in the 2.08s on default setup. Tyre temps were dropping though so default set needs work even in TT conditions.

Did some more laps with the race conditions and got to a 2.12 still feels horrible and just can't get the tyres up to temperature, setup work definitely required here.

Is it intentional we are doing a night race in a car without headlights?! :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Tried a time trial much nicer, still a bit uncertain about the car but was lapping in the 2.08s on default setup. Tyre temps were dropping though so default set needs work even in TT conditions.

Did some more laps with the race conditions and got to a 2.12 still feels horrible and just can't get the tyres up to temperature, setup work definitely required here.

Is it intentional we are doing a night race in a car without headlights?! :D

Not really intended... Is it already night at 19:00? When I tested it I had a nice dusk with enough light to race :shifty:

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Not really intended... Is it already night at 19:00? When I tested it I had a nice dusk with enough light to race :shifty:

It's much darker at 20:00 and the race is going to be 1 hour plus. There's probably enough light to race as the track is partially lit, will be a bit different though.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's much darker at 20:00 and the race is going to be 1 hour plus. There's probably enough light to race as the track is partially lit, will be a bit different though.

Hmpf... would you think shifting the race 1 hour earlier to 18:00 would solve it? At 19:00 bright enough?

Many thanks for the observation, it is still enough time to make little changes :)

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hmpf... would you think shifting the race 1 hour earlier to 18:00 would solve it? At 19:00 bright enough?

Many thanks for the observation, it is still enough time to make little changes :)

Need to have another go, not sure the darkness will actually cause a problem, if anything it might be better at 20.00 as there's a lot more lights turned on round the track then there were at 19.00.

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh god no, that's with full boost, 0 wing and a million tweaks using my patent pending Clucks-random-slide-o-matic-technique™ and strictly for time trial willy-waving.

As I said, I ran 100% default setup first and did a 2m06 on my second lap.
Thank Friday for that!!
Was running a low 2m07 last night and was 1.5s up before I dumped it. Maybe I can find an extra second on that, so a low 2m05 or a very high 2m04, but not much more than that.

But man, is that car a blast to throw around. I keep cocking up on the h-shifter and missing gears, but when I get it right, it's just such an immense car to drive. This, the Capri and the C9 are my all time fave PC1 cars, plus the little Caterham Classic for some reason :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Heh, I should try my time trial again with autoclutch, that should shave a few tenths off safely. Might even start bothering the #1 time :D.

I'm fairly sure a low 2m04 time is on the cards with a more focussed setup, whilst still on default boost, especially now that I have a few more laps under my belt.

You're right though, the car is a hoot. I liken it to the Ford Falcon, whereby there is a particular style to driving it that is quite different to the usual RWD fare. Once you 'click' with its way of taking a corner, it's impossible not to like it :).

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone up for a practice session this evening? I can create one, cause it is boring to drive alone.. :)

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Yup, sure. Just going to finish work and then I'll be on. Shortly after 6pm I think...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Quick notification! We are changing the starting time (ingame) from 19:00 to 18:00 because the car has no headlights :(

Tony hys

Community Member
Reaction score
I will be a late arrival (work till 19:00) but sine me up for the back of the pack.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well as much as I was looking forward to my first race with you all. Unfortunately I am still without internet at home. So hopefully next time :-(

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well as much as I was looking forward to my first race with you all. Unfortunately I am still without internet at home. So hopefully next time :-(
Go and buy a 30m network cable and patch it into your neighbour's house (ask them first, of course!), problem solved :D

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Go and buy a 30m network cable and patch it into your neighbour's house (ask them first, of course!), problem solved :D
hahaha already looked into that, I even considered running a 200m cable into my network at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread