24 Hours of Daytona - 21st January 2017 - Start: 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
iRacingDaytona2017.png

Save the date... it's Daytona time!

Greetings all! The first iRacing endurance race for 2017 is almost upon us, the 24 Hours of Daytona! This storied race will be held on 21st January with RSR attending in force with our largest number of car entrants to date. A massive 4 cars and 15 drivers of our bravest drivers will be pushed to the limit as they take on the mammoth task of a grueling real-time 24hr race.

The race will be streamed from multiple perspectives so you don't miss a second of the action. Tune in to see familiar iRacing endurance veterans as well as a host of first timers giving it their all and representing RSR in an awesome way.

A very special thank you to @GioVtec for creating the livery for this event! We are very thankful for your hard work, thank you a thousand times!

Mercedes AMG GT3 [#64]: @t0daY, @Puffpirat, @Blue Monkey & @JetPistol
Mercedes AMG GT3 [#65]: @Yorkie_065, @ramiboo, @Mr Beas & @Imthecrabby
Mercedes AMG GT3 [#66]: @Bassetts, @2scoops, @Battenberg & @Dutchtastic
Mercedes AMG GT3 [#67]: @FlyingKman, @Corbs & @Alex du Plessis

Thoughts of our drivers:
t0daY (Manuel Dürr): "Here we go again, where everything started. The 24 hours of Daytona was the very first endurance race RevolutionSimRacing was part of. Last year our engine blew up 30 minutes before the checkered flag. Maximum attack for car #1, we have unfinished buisness we have to take care of!"

Puffpirat (Christian Steinhäusser): "Last year's Rolex 24 marked the start to RSR endurance efforts in iRacing. With one car finishing an amazing second place on the first outing, the other team had to learn the hard way that such a long race is sometimes cruel, to both the car and drivers.
Since then we've come a long way with podiums at Sebring and the Nurburgring. At Le Mans and the 24h of Spa we ran out of luck once more, so I hope for us to have a better start into the 2017 endurance season!"

Yorkie065 (Matt York): "Le-Mans was my first 24Hour race under the RSR banner and the 24Hours of Daytona will be my second. It will be awesome to fly the RSR flag again for a second time, with a great team in car #2 that has the pace contend for a fantastic result. As always, our first goal should be to finish the race, and succeeding in that we should be landing ourselves with a good result. Personally for me, this will be the first time I'll be able to do stints during the night, so that will be a new experience and challenge in itself. I'm really looking forward to it and can't wait to feel the anticipation at the start of the first race of the Endurance season!"

ramiboo (Spencer McCarthy): "This will be my 2nd iRacing endurance event, the previous being Le Mans back in Oct 2016. Since then and after gaining my B license I've enjoyed iRacing a bit more and have managed to spend a bit more time with the sim. I'm looking forward to the challenge of the Daytona 24 and believe the teams we have will really show what RSR is all about and the progress we have made. For me it's about consistency again and doing all I can for a great team result."

Imthecrabby (Thomas Crabb): "Coming back a year later where it all began, I'm looking forward to the race, racing for RSR again. This time our efforts have been doubled with four cars, stretching our chances further to get good results for the team. I hope that we make it to the end and the competition is good. I got 2nd last time and I don't know where we will end this time, but I look forward to finding out."

2scoops: "My first endurance race in iRacing and I'm very excited. I've been racing in the Blancpain Sprint Series for the last 5 weeks having only recently being awarded a B licence and then soon after an A licence. It's an honour to be racing under the RSR banner and i'm privaleged to be accepted to do so, I hope I can represent them well."

Bassetts (David Berry): "Well after running in the Blancpain Sprint Season since midway through the 2016 Season 4, the natural progression was into the endurance events.

I've got to extend a huge debt of gratitude towards the amazing team we have here at RevolutionSimRacing. It's great to see all the hard work people have been putting in with many long hours in the simulator, analysing telemetry data, tweaking car setups and running in the multi-class IMSA events. It's a reflection of the hard work and commitment at RSR that we are able to put forward 4 teams into this endurance event.

On a personal level, I'm feeling good in the car and ready for the challenge and hope we are able to bring the car through to the end with a strong finish."

Battenberg (Tom Young): "I feel like this race is unfinished business. We had a rough time last year, so I'm hoping we can bring the car home in an uneventful run to the top 5. But after all, it's all about the journey and not the result, so I'm looking forward to staying up far past my bedtime to cheer on my team mates, and the other RSR cars."

Dutchtastic (Tim Greven): "A week ago I said "No way I'm jumping in head first into an Endurance race!".
Right now I feel better then ever, pumped to drive the 24 Hours of Daytona under the RevolutionSimRacing banner!
"

FlyingKman (Luciano Benini): "24h of Daytona. Sends shivers of nervousness and excitement through my veins just thinking about it. It's any Sim racers goal to just complete a 24h event, and one to share it with some awesome friends in RevolutionSimRacing. My goal is to complete the race. My expectation is to do it with a smile, laugh, sweat, gripping that wheel and holding on for the longest ride, but most of all, carry the RSR banner high."

Alex du Plessis (Alex du Plessis): "Total Rookie to Endurance Racing of this magnitude and being in the 4th Car with other Rookies is awesome. First and foremost is to finish nothing else matters as much. Not crashing the car and having fun of course. First of all before all is to practice, practice, practice...... making sure I know everything that is required of me while driving oh and of course did I mention PRACTICE."

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Some bloopers of our photoshooting :D :D :D

Attachments

• 20170119224728_1.jpg
    20170119224728_1.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 327
  • 20170119224742_1.jpg
    20170119224742_1.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 345
  • 20170119224804_1.jpg
    20170119224804_1.jpg
    550.6 KB · Views: 344

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I just want to say how proud I am of you guys putting forth the effort into the first race of the 2017 season. I'm also thankful that I don't have work so that I can enjoy and cheer you guys on. We have a very strong team for this historic race and I firmly believe we will do well. Just remember to think back to our beginnings, our errors and how we have learned from them. Don't rush, wait that extra corner to pass that back marker and most of all enjoy yourselfs.

While I'm bummed I've practically missed most of the 2016 season I can't wait to come back and start practicing for these events again. Most of all I will get to relish in the fact that I will be racing with RSR again. I have high ambitions for the team and I hope you all will join me in that quest from 2017 onwards. We have the knowledge, ambition, talent, and drive to one day be recognized as a top level team and community within Project Cars, iRacing, and any future endeavors we may go into.

With that said CHEERS! :stig:
Jay

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Little more than 24 to the 24 and the excitement is growing, butterflies starting thinking about it, thinking more about what can go wrong before we even start, computer crashing, not switching on, wheel flaking out at the last moment, and so many other variable can be thrown in. Crikey what did I get myself into, 24 hours at Daytona that's what. Even before the race there has been up's and down's, getting Manu to be his known name ANGRY, crashing where least expected and asking WTF why, why, why, swearing at those idiots on the track, laughing at Kman just because he is laughing. Mostly just having fun with this great Community we call RevolutionSimRacing (RSR short name). Oh and figuring out which setup to use for the team we are in, so many other variables put in to get the most from each driver while on track, Oh how strong our mind is and how weak our bodies are, the strains having to be taken care of (pills, massages, ointments) all to keep this old body in shape for a 24 hour race. Am I mad, oh yeah perfectly mad. Was it fun till now, right on still having fun not sure how much fun it is going to be in my first stint. Anyhow here is to everyone taking part even those in the back ground giving us the moral support we are going to need. RSR thank you so much for everything that has led up to this event. Forgot to mention my arse is also aching . Have fun everyone and lets make it to the finish line.

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
Man, 24 hours of racing...
Thinking about my own shots at endurance racing (The longest being a 3h/single driver race.), I can only begin to imagine the scale of the challenge.:wideyed: Just considering it seems mindbogling...
Maybe one day I'll be consistent enough to even attempt something like this.

Good Luck to all the drivers.
Wish you fast and consistent racing and most of all... a lot of fun!

I'll watch as much as I can to cheer you on.
:joyful:GOGO RSR:joyful:

PS.: Considering how well the photoshoot went... NOTHING can go wrong right?:hilarious:
PPS.: No, honestly. Have fun!

Reiche

Community Member
Reaction score
Can someone give us some standings for 6/12/18 hours? Feel free to add more ;)

Keep racing, guys, good luck!

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
Standings after 9 hours:
#64 5. position after some technical dificulties. Chance for p3. 2 laps behind leaders.
#65 Leading the race. p2 about 12 secs behind.
#66 7th in a GT3 only race
#67 15th

#64 and #65 in one race, #66 and #67 each in their own

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Standings after 9 hours:
#64 5. position after some technical dificulties. Chance for p3. 2 laps behind leaders.
#65 Leading the race. p2 about 12 secs behind.
#66 7th in a GT3 only race
#67 15th

#64 and #65 in one race, #66 and #67 each in their own

Half of the people had technical issues. Half of the people of each server had a disconnect... That was literally a mass disconnect xDD

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
#64 and #65 just had another server disconnect

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
servers running again, no major changes

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
2015 Est / 0115 UTC Update.

Car #64 - After suffering 2 disconnects and some other technical issues not related to the game going down to 9th they have come back up to 5th with a possible 3rd place if no other issues happen. They just need a little luck!

Car #65 - They also suffered a disconnect but only once. Currently leading the field!

Car # 66 - Was in the top 5 for most of the event until hey got rammed twice by 2 back markers who dive bombed them in the infield. Sadly the damage they took was major with a 7min repair plus a couple minutes during the second incident. They are currently in the pits again for another incident with about 10min of repair time. We will continue to monitor the situation but things are looking dire for the car.

Car #67 - After suffering some incidents and dropping as far down as 20th these guys have put in the effort and are now poised to get back into the top 10! Very well done and a shame as these guys had the pace to be on he podium.

Barring the technical issues with the servers the guys have been doing a fantastic job to our first endurance race. It's a shame we have gotten hit with bad luck but we will continue to push on rough and hope Lady Luck will smile for us just a little towards the end of this grueling 24 race.

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
A little update with 7h 20 min left on the clock:
#64 multiple Laps behind, after big shunt and over 1h of repairs
#65 Leading the race. 4 laps ahead
#66 17th after being hit by two backmarkers and a lenghtly repair
#67 fighting their way back into 9th place after some early incidents

Last edited:

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
#64 unfortunately had to be retired. Damage was too severe.

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
Last update with 2.5 h to go:
#64 retired
#65 Leading the race. 5 laps ahead
#66 14th, 2 laps behind 13th and 2 laps ahead of 15th
#67 7th, 20 seconds behind

Last edited:

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score
car #67 started p2 got punted. Then 13min repair dropped us to p35 and FOUGHT back!!!! Finished position 6. I could not be prouder of my team!

Last edited:

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
@FlyingKman :stig: @Alex du Plessis :stig: @Corbs :stig: Not to mention it was the only team that after 20 hrs were completely full of laughs and motivation. (Of courseeee, as is supposed to be with kman :D)

You deserve better but it was a great comeback! :greyalien:

Cheers!

One day I'll be joining a team for the 24hrs........one freaking day... :rage:

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@GioVtec But you did join. Your livery work for this race counts as you being part of it just like the other endurance races. Sure it's not driving but we appreciate the support and help from everyone.

Congratulations to all the drivers that participated. Everyone did a stellar job fighting until the very end! I can't wait to see what the rest of the season holds.

Users who are viewing this thread