Project CARS 2 20th Dec 2016 - Filming Night - Completed (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

Community Member
Reaction score
I can join in and try to get some Vive footage if you like

Hobbnob

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I was planning to be there for this but my ffb failure yesterday appears to be quite permanent this time and my backup wheel is a bit tricky to get to. Good luck everyone :)

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I am hopeful I can attend, will depend on other things so I'm a maybe rather than a yes, assuming a yes though I can film in required resolution (game audio only, no TS) or higher if required.

Might be worth getting everyone filming to stick with a gear and turn HUD off too, at least for a bit to get some clean footage.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hello everyone, Flyinghunterberg needs your help! We need to get some footage of our starting procedures, so we invite you to do a few races with us. We'll do a few short races with a variety of circuits & cars - chances are we'll use the typical induction favourites. We will get going at the usual time of 19:30 UTC.

• If you normally record your races, extra footage from the night would be helpful.
    • 1080 60p (or any 16:9 res higher) in a .mp4 container would be most handy.
    • @MelBonkers if we can get some nice looking rift footage, that would be ace! My settings are so low and choppy it looks pants when recorded.
Once we're finished, we could do some fun races for the rest of the night. Hope to see you there!

Battenberg,

I'd love to help you out. I have one challenge: I need to work between 21:00 CET (20:00 UTC) and 22:00 CET (21:00 UTC) as we're doing a production installation at work that I need to test. So I can help you out before or after that time. If we can start half an hour earlier (19:00 UTC) that would be even better. I'll be online at 19:00 anyway and will set my alarm clock to login at work at 19:50 UTC.

Reactions: Tom

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks Mo, we'll get going with a quick warm up & 2 lap race at 19:30 (UTC), so we should have at least 1 (maybe 2 if all goes to plan) takes done before you head off.

Might be worth getting everyone filming to stick with a gear and turn HUD off too, at least for a bit to get some clean footage.

Good idea, we can do that after a few takes with the in game HUDS. At first we'll do a race or 2 with whatever people normally use, I'll be using some of the HUD elements as visual aids. It would however be best if non-game overlays (like Tony's position boxes, pedal inputs, teamspeak, fps etc.) are not used. I'll add this to the first post.

Hobbnob

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Btw since I won't be there tonight the main key combo you'll need for filming in the after race replay is ctrl-k, press that twice while you're in the bumper cam and you have a dedicated camera car, use wasd to move around and then click and hold to pan, with ctrl-m to toggle mouse smoothing. You can also do this with the other cameras for some interesting effects, like cockpit for fly-on-the-wall type stuff or chase cam for gopro-taped-to-car look, and mix and match to your choosing. Just remember to use the central cockpit cam rather than the driver view cams, otherwise the driver won't have a head :)

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks again to everyone who helped out tonight, it was a great turn out. I'm a bit gutted we kept having gridding issues, but I'm even more gutted we didn't think of the simple solution of moving up the grid and filling the empty grid spaces before starting! Despite the issues, we've got some useful footage in the bag. I'll start putting it together tomorrow to see where we stand.

If anyone has footage to send me, fire me a private message and I'll link you to the shared folder. Cheers!

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Battenberg , I uploaded my recording to Youtube. You can find it here:

Reactions: Tom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread