18th Dec 2016 - Dubai Desert Draft (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: Hobbs
What Class do you want to drive? GT4 :)

I knew I would get you with the Rocketbunny :p Glad to have you back for this race :)

SaltPacket

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello, I will not be participating in this race after all. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello, I will not be participating in this race after all. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.
This is not acceptable. We will force you to participate!!! :vamp: :rage:

Last edited by a moderator:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
If someone is interested, I'll set up a practice session in a few minutes.

Server: RSR Dubai
Password: rsrpractice

edit: server is down again

Last edited:

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: MikeyTT
What Class do you want to drive? GT4 all day long - Love that Bunny :)

I know this won't last long, but for the sake of prosperity, I am P1!!!

bunny fast lap.jpg

Last edited:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
To all setup gurus out there - I need help. While I'm perfectly fine in TT, I can't get to grips with the car in race conditions and barely manage a 1:55 because it feels like I got no grip at all. I'm always fighting braking and mid-corner oversteer, especially in turn 1 and in the hairpins...
DF is 1/5 now, sway bars are soft at the rear, front is rather stiff. Diff is 30 accel, 75 deccel and 25 preload.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Try less deccel., less preload and try less engine braking.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wouldn't that make it worse? As I understand it (some YouTube education, eager to learn more) those diff changes will make the car able to rotate more, and make it less stable under braking & mid corner?

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't that make it worse? As I understand it (some YouTube education, eager to learn more) those diff changes will make the car able to rotate more, and make it less stable under braking & mid corner?

That's what I'm thinking too. Now you got me confused, Miagi.

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
@Invincible Are you trail braking? So when you transition from brake to throttle you get the oversteer?

Couple of things I would try, although I've not driven the car, so I don't know 100% with this one:
- Reduce the rear slow bump a couple of clicks (I think it's reduce. That should reduce the oversteer. Just double check what the description says, it may need to increase)
- Increase the Slow Rebound on the rear (again, depends what the description says, so it may be decrease to reduce oversteer)
- Reduce the brake mapping (I find with this high, and you're trail braking it will cause rear instability)

What tyre temps are you running. If they are not in working range, it may make the rear unstable. Other thing to consider is that the rear is unstable because the front is actually gripping too much and over rotating it. So the suggestion on the bump/rebound above may be better to work on the front and not the rear.

I'm not sure why it would be so different between TT and FP tho. Environmental temp changes should have that dramatic an impact.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
No, I'm not tail braking and the spin doesn't happen on throttle or on the brakes but when I'm coasting. I think it might be because of over rotating. Yet I don't really want to reduce front grip and have even more understeer. I want more rear grip! (Gimme 5cm wider rear tires! :p) Tire temps are fine. 95ish °C all around.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score

That's what I'm thinking too. Now you got me confused, Miagi.
Yes that is correct understanding of basic LSD behaviour. Above that comes far more complex tire behaviour that this hint is based on. Just give it a try it could be it or not.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im thinking of giving this a miss i just cant get on with either car.

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Dont worry @jonnotheone there is plent of run of area for you

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeh thanks mate lol...i cant get the rocket bunny to go anywere but in circles and the prototype just dont want to stop lol

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Not tried the prototype.Im going to have fun in the Bunny

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
No, I'm not tail braking and the spin doesn't happen on throttle or on the brakes but when I'm coasting. I think it might be because of over rotating. Yet I don't really want to reduce front grip and have even more understeer. I want more rear grip! (Gimme 5cm wider rear tires! :p) Tire temps are fine. 95ish °C all around.
As I'm sure you're aware it's all about balance. You have to lose something. Whilst it sounds like miagi has some insider knowledge, if that doesn't work for you I'd try the rear damper settings. On neutral throttle, you should be able to use the damper settings to dial out the issues on the rear.

Yeh thanks mate lol...i cant get the rocket bunny to go anywere but in circles and the prototype just dont want to stop lol
I didn't have issues when I drove it on default, but I did change a few things that helped.

I upped the rear tyre pressure a tenth or two. Lowered the rear ARB by a couple (or 3) clicks and dropped the rear springs by 1 or 2. I reduced the Acc Loc to 20-ish to calm it coming out of turns. Lowered the gear ratio to the lowest.

I think that was all. I can double check if you want me to. I certainly felt it gave me more traction, and was really quite nice to drive.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll try Miagi's diff tips tomorrow. If these don't work, I'll loose some front end grip.
Can anyone tell me what the pace under race conditions will be? I can do 1:53's and sometimes 52's in TT but I can't get below 1:56 under race conditions - yet I think that at least low 1:55 will be necessary to be competitive.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I drove the SR3, now I see the problem... It's hopeless xD

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: SillySausage
What Class do you want to drive? Prototype (Reserve)

I see no way how I will actually be able to make this race unfortunately but I still would like to be put on the reserve list just in case a miracle happens and I get to attend the last race of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread