What're the chances of having an Assetto Corsa part for this group? (1 Viewer)

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
As everyone knows a lot of people also play Assetto Corsa. I'm not getting into arguments over whether PCars or AC is better than the other. However, it would be nice to have the group branch off into other areas. This way more people could be attracted to the group if they don't have PCars, and it would also add some diversity of games into the group. Just a suggestion.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Also with Project CARS 2 around the corner, I highly doubt it. Sorry :(

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
No problem. Speaking of PCars2, I'm guessing you guys have played it. Is it any good? For example have the AI aggressiveness, "glue" bug and odd "floaty" car physics been fixed?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yes, yes and no*

* because they were never floaty in the first place

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
Yes, yes and no*

* because they were never floaty in the first place
Hm. Strange how they haven't fixed the floaty car stuff. I know it's still in beta, but the physics would probably be highest priority. Ah well, hopefully it'll be fixed by the time the game's released :D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
OK, being slightly more serious for once, the handling is definitely improved, simply because of the improved tyre model and improved FFB.

I wasn't really joking though with my "no (because they were never floaty in the first place)" answer first time though. I never found that with pCARS and maintain that it was the first game that gave me the closest feeling to driving I'd experienced. To each their own though.

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
OK, being slightly more serious for once, the handling is definitely improved, simply because of the improved tyre model and improved FFB.

I wasn't really joking though with my "no (because they were never floaty in the first place)" answer first time though. I never found that with pCARS and maintain that it was the first game that gave me the closest feeling to driving I'd experienced. To each their own though.
That's fair. Althought it was the first game to give me the feeling of real driving (Or what I expect real driving to be like because I'm still a month away from being able to drive legally lol), I still feel Assetto Corsa gives a bit more of a close simulation to real driving. However PCars is definitely a more social game with better sounds, and at least it has rain and night racing. AC's server hosting is not very user friendly. I'm just hoping PCars2 scratches that itch for night and day, all weather, social, brilliant physic racing, because although AC ticks 1-2 of those boxes, it's not entirely perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread