rFactor 2 VEC - Season 11 (1 Viewer)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We have entered the season 11 of the Virtual Endurance Championship successfully with 4 cars! The red question marks means people are not through

LMP2 - RevolutionSimRacing Red (@Blue Monkey, @MelBonkers, @Elodyr)
LMP2 - RevolutionSimRacing Gold (@t0daY, TBA, TBA)
GTE - RevolutionSimRacing Blue (@Jamesl91, @steveg200, @Stokemon)
GTE - RevolutionSimRacing Yellow (@Battenberg, TBA, TBA)

We have also currently @Dutchtastic, @Alex Salmon, @Puffpirat, @Nighttiger and @Gosku in the SRC-Academy which means they will be able to join the teams later.

This will be fun! :)

Cannot wait for the VEC to start, the more endurance racing the better!

Good luck to those in the SRCA season 21

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
So after my first testing I can definitely say, for the Oreca 07 LM-P2, we could really use a setup guru incl. telemetry readout.

Default setup I am quickly 4 sec off pace, atm with adjustments its like 2 sec.
Saw drivers on full fuel doing 43 high and 44 low, probably on softs, not sure though as you can't see who is on what tire :(

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
The tyres are not colour coded? That was useful last season.
No they are not. There is a very slim chance, that an update or the mod will change that, but I doubt it.

Blue Monkey

Reaction score

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
I do not really understand the patch notes, what does not concurrent mean?

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If I understand it correctly, tyres will no longer be able to be changed whilst the car is refuelling.
Tom, that only counts for the LMP2 and LMP3's. With the GTE's the tire change and refuelling is simultaneous. Check this forum post https://forum.simracing.club/index.php?threads/introduction-to-vec-season-11.6136/page-22#post-67977. This means that in LMP2 and LMP3 there still is some tactics in double stinting tires. I hope they will revert the change for the GTE's as well as now it's a sprint race with changing tires every pitstop doesn't give you disadvantage during the race.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Tom, that only counts for the LMP2 and LMP3's. With the GTE's the tire change and refuelling is simultaneous. Check this forum post https://forum.simracing.club/index.php?threads/introduction-to-vec-season-11.6136/page-22#post-67977. This means that in LMP2 and LMP3 there still is some tactics in double stinting tires. I hope they will revert the change for the GTE's as well as now it's a sprint race with changing tires every pitstop doesn't give you disadvantage during the race.

But...

From https://forum.simracing.club/index.php?downloads/vec-workshop.331/

First batch liveries
Changelog:
LMP2: Aero package, all dive planes forced + Position lights on
LMP3: Aero package High or medium + position lights on + Tyres unrestricted
GTE: Aero package standard forced + Position lights on + Fuel/tyres not concurrent

Very interesting indeed!

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Battenberg, I was more looking for a seat in VLMS. VEC is serious business, and I am not sure whether I can dedicate the time needed. As you know, I am not a front runner pace-wise, so i would rather start with the lower tier. ;)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Interesting! Then count me in as reserve/backup and i will run the one or other stint when RL allows me to, need to upgrade the season pass though.

EDIT: Dang it :banghead: Just noticed that I cannot upgrade from VLMS to VEC. I can only add the VEC which is another 20€. So buying my VLMS pass was quite overhasty...

Last edited:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Arg, is that something you can sweet talk their admins into sorting out?
Tried it, but Jimmi Allison gave me a no-go...
So I'll shell out another 20€ and will be available for both if RL lets me ;)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Tried it, but Jimmi Allison gave me a no-go...
So I'll shell out another 20€ and will be available for both if RL lets me ;)

Really? That is garbage, sorry to say that... he is seeing only the money I guess...

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Really? That is garbage, sorry to say that... he is seeing only the money I guess...
Yeah really. He literally said it would be too much work... I could just send another 10€ via PayPal and he could change my license, but obviously he doesn't want to...

Users who are viewing this thread