rFactor 2 VEC - S11 - Round 3 - Interlagos (1 Viewer)

VEC - S11 - Round 3 - Interlagos
Posted by m4nu
rFactor 2
Saturday, December 1, 2018 - 16:00
Until: Saturday, December 1, 2018 - 22:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Qualified p14 and finished p7. Decent birthday present.

#Blessed #TheBestFans
Itsyour bday dude.???? Happy cake day man...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race Report:

Can’t wait for P1 to do an endurance league. ;)

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
GTE Division 3, car 271.

Decent qualifying, P9 in class after little quali practice so that was decent. However I didn't notice the transition from warmup to race as I was adjusting my seat and when I heard the countdown I missed pressing race by 1 second. That meant I had to start at the back, but that is manageable in 6 hours, HOWEVER the moment I exited my pitbox I got slapped with a 10 second stop/go penalty for cutting the track?! Our racedirector said in the briefin that he wouldn't remove ingame penalties so we shouldn't bother. Served it in lap 2 and had a pretty straightforward stint. Managed to climb up to P10 in class late in my second hour. Sadly I got overtaken on the straight, the guy outbraked himself for T1, I cut back but he cutted in front of me whilst going slower, couldn't brake hard enough, tapped his rear slightly but it send my off into the barriers. Lost 25 seconds going back to the pit and 77 seconds damage repairs.

@Gosku took over and had a consistent stint. However he was feeling ill so I had to take over his second hour which was decent and stable. @Shepard did the last 2 hours, he did a fine job, got it home in P11 in the end.

Felt gutted for screwing up yesterday like that and my apologies. Hopefully Sepang will be more kind :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
GTE Division 3, car 271.

Decent qualifying, P9 in class after little quali practice so that was decent. However I didn't notice the transition from warmup to race as I was adjusting my seat and when I heard the countdown I missed pressing race by 1 second. That meant I had to start at the back, but that is manageable in 6 hours, HOWEVER the moment I exited my pitbox I got slapped with a 10 second stop/go penalty for cutting the track?! Our racedirector said in the briefin that he wouldn't remove ingame penalties so we shouldn't bother. Served it in lap 2 and had a pretty straightforward stint. Managed to climb up to P10 in class late in my second hour. Sadly I got overtaken on the straight, the guy outbraked himself for T1, I cut back but he cutted in front of me whilst going slower, couldn't brake hard enough, tapped his rear slightly but it send my off into the barriers. Lost 25 seconds going back to the pit and 77 seconds damage repairs.

@Gosku took over and had a consistent stint. However he was feeling ill so I had to take over his second hour which was decent and stable. @Shepard did the last 2 hours, he did a fine job, got it home in P11 in the end.

Felt gutted for screwing up yesterday like that and my apologies. Hopefully Sepang will be more kind :)
sounds similar to what i did in my first rf2 race back in Jan, forgot to press race and realised the cars were on track so kinda panicked and exited the pits under red light thus getting a penalty. If you do that, its more beneficial to serve the penalty straight away, soon as the green flag is shown, serve the penalty, that way as the other cars are fighting and pace is slower on lap1-2 u can make up time

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
sounds similar to what i did in my first rf2 race back in Jan, forgot to press race and realised the cars were on track so kinda panicked and exited the pits under red light thus getting a penalty. If you do that, its more beneficial to serve the penalty straight away, soon as the green flag is shown, serve the penalty, that way as the other cars are fighting and pace is slower on lap1-2 u can make up time
Thanks for the tip, I was unsure after exiting the last corner if I was allowed to pit immediately so I did a lap first. I didn't exit under red light as I am aware of receiving a penalty when you do that, I pressed race, I spawned in box, put it into first gear and the moment I started moving I got a stop/go penalty...

Users who are viewing this thread