rFactor 2 VEC - S11 - Round 1 - Indianapolis (1 Viewer)

VEC - S11 - Round 1 - Indianapolis
Posted by m4nu
rFactor2
Saturday, October 6, 2018 - 14:00
Until: Sunday, October 7, 2018 - 01:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Update from the GTE #370 in division 4 (@steveg200 @Stokemon and @Jamesl91 is skyving)

@steveg200 qualified it and forgot to put it into mix 4, I forgot to remind him. So we started 17th. An epic first stint saw @steveg200 hand the car back to me in 7th. I drove a personal best stint for myself (better than my VLMS stint) and entered the pits in P3. After the driver swap we are P4 going well :)

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Another update from the GTE car in division 3

@Shepard drove a very steady stint, I just drove 1 hour and @Gosku is driving the last 1.5 hours. The car is steady in P6 and now hunting P5 for the last hour and we are gaining around a second a lap with a 45 seconds gap. Into the night!

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
Very interesting for LM-P2 (@Alex Salmon @Puffpirat) for our setup makers, Rookie Monsters in D4 were running wing 3, tc 3/4 and still hit around 305 vs our 309 ...

Last edited:

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
#322 started 5th, finished 3rd in Div 4. A bit of mixed feelings really as Jan and Michael did an awesome job getting us in the lead of the race. Issues with my Oculus insert lenses cost us some valuable time in my 3rd stint (that and a 20s stop and go penalty for 3 cut tracks :-S). Will post my race review here later.

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Just wanted to say a big thankyou to Andy @Stokemon you were awesome . After nearly zero practice and a setup we made a couple of hours before the race we were hoping to just finish the race probably last but if we could grab a couple of points that would be a bonus . To finish fourth was like winning to me. Thanks again Andy and hopefully @Jamesl91 can stop skiving and join us for the next one.

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just wanted to say a big thankyou to Andy @Stokemon you were awesome . After nearly zero practice and a setup we made a couple of hours before the race we were hoping to just finish the race probably last but if we could grab a couple of points that would be a bonus . To finish fourth was like winning to me. Thanks again Andy and hopefully @Jamesl91 can stop skiving and join us for the next one.
Was a seriously awesome job from both of you, shows what could have been achieved if enough practice. I have a valid excuse for not being there but won’t be missing the next race! We will have to work fully on a setup and test properly, let’s go 3 better and go for the win or atleast a podium

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Here's my "short" review as posted on Simracing.club forum:

Short review from #322 RevolutionSimRacing Red Division 4: we started from P5 and @Jan Studenski brought us back to leading the race at the end of his 6 stints. Than @Michael Roellin took over for 2 stints and did a truelly awesome job keeping us there (due to circumstances he only practised on the morning of the race). Than I took over for 5 stints. I wasn't as fast as Jan or Michael, but could manage 1m21/1m22. Everything went quite well, until my right lens insert of my VR Labs Oculus lenses decided to fall out :oops::eek:. I had to nurse the car for 20 laps during my 3rd stint and lost a lot of time to P2. After my 3rd pitstop I got a 20 second stop and go penalty. At that stage we lost the battle for P2 for sure and fell back a lap or two. I also had a strange screen freeze where the Oculus VR loading screen showed up and had to brake hard as I entered T1, but couldn't see where I was going. Thankfully there was no traffic around me at that stage. In the end I could bring the car home and finish our first race of season 11 on the podium. A very good result, but looking at our pace we would be able to fight for P2 and maybe for the victory. On the otherhand, compared to our race last year we completed 384 laps more and scored 15 points more, so we shouldn't complain :p. Lapping the GT traffic was bliss. I had a couple of moments where I had a misunderstanding with lapping GT-traffic, but that was for the biggest part my fault. I will use the flashing more in the next race to make myself more visible. I hope I didn't cause too much problems with that. What I also learned is I will be either glueing the VR Lenses to my Oculus......or I will drive without them :D. See you all in Nola. Hopefully we'll finish on the podium again......and maybe be able to improve a position or two ;)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Here's my "short" review as posted on Simracing.club forum:

Short review from #322 RevolutionSimRacing Red Division 4: we started from P5 and @Jan Studenski brought us back to leading the race at the end of his 6 stints. Than @Michael Roellin took over for 2 stints and did a truelly awesome job keeping us there (due to circumstances he only practised on the morning of the race). Than I took over for 5 stints. I wasn't as fast as Jan or Michael, but could manage 1m21/1m22. Everything went quite well, until my right lens insert of my VR Labs Oculus lenses decided to fall out :oops::eek:. I had to nurse the car for 20 laps during my 3rd stint and lost a lot of time to P2. After my 3rd pitstop I got a 20 second stop and go penalty. At that stage we lost the battle for P2 for sure and fell back a lap or two. I also had a strange screen freeze where the Oculus VR loading screen showed up and had to brake hard as I entered T1, but couldn't see where I was going. Thankfully there was no traffic around me at that stage. In the end I could bring the car home and finish our first race of season 11 on the podium. A very good result, but looking at our pace we would be able to fight for P2 and maybe for the victory. On the otherhand, compared to our race last year we completed 384 laps more and scored 15 points more, so we shouldn't complain :p. Lapping the GT traffic was bliss. I had a couple of moments where I had a misunderstanding with lapping GT-traffic, but that was for the biggest part my fault. I will use the flashing more in the next race to make myself more visible. I hope I didn't cause too much problems with that. What I also learned is I will be either glueing the VR Lenses to my Oculus......or I will drive without them :D. See you all in Nola. Hopefully we'll finish on the podium again......and maybe be able to improve a position or two ;)

Wait, you posted it first on SRC and then at RSR? Shame on you!

Users who are viewing this thread