rFactor 2 VEC - Season 10 (1 Viewer)

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I will definitely be there on Wednesday. Will try to be there on Tuesday as well. For Friday not sure if I can make it, as I'm away with my son for his futsal match.

What I want to do Wednesday is:
- Tryout the suggestions that Manu got from some guys to soften the front, stiffen the rear and to max out camber. Although they say it wouldn't work with the LMP2, I want to find out myself.
- I will definitely do at least 1 complete stint to have an idea how many laps I can do on a full fuel tank. Will also check if ChiefCrew returns me the correct fuel numbers during the stint.
- Practice the night and rain as suggested.

If I can make it Tuesday, I will start the above practices then.

Really really really looking forward to my first REAL race! Sooo excited!

B

Blue Monkey

@t0daY @MelBonkers @FlyingKman

Some infos about the cars:
  • Optimal oil temp is at 105°C - max safe is around 112°C - average lifetime is 26:23:00
  • Most power you get at 7000 RPMs, best shifting point is around 7050 RPMs
  • Optimal brake temp is 420 - 650 °C ... after 900°C you really start to wear them
  • Driver Swap delay is at around 15 - 16.5 sec, aero repair is up to 62.5 sec and suspension repair time up to 1200 sec
  • Changing 2 tires is only 15 sec vs 30 sec for 4 tires - incl. full filling it is somethign between 62 and 70 sec of standing

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So I just did a couple of laps in single player with the grippy qualifying weather settings and running on full tanks. I changed my setup from yesterday a little bit and could do a 1m22s475 as my fastest lap. I don't know what to do to get into the 1m21sxxx. During the racing ChiefCrew kept on telling me my fuel usage was 2.2 liters per lap. With 75 liters that gives us a stint of 34 laps. I didn't test in the dark and in the wet and at the moment I'm a little bit fed up with testing and not improving, so I'm going to give it a rest at the moment. I added my two setups with which I did a 1m22s4xx both to the resource area in RevolutionSimRacing.com. The last one I raised the front to 7mm and the rear to 6 or 6,5mm and it looks like this helps to stabilize the front.

I know I can make it to the 1m21sxxx, but at the moment I'm a little bit lost.

I think my race pace will be between 1m22s5xx - 1m22s9xx consistently.

For this evening I will do my best to be online. My daughter is ill and I need to help my son with preparations for a German and French test. I need to see how thing go to see if I can come online before or after they go to bed.

Last edited:
B

Blue Monkey

For this evening I will do my best to be online. My daughter is ill and I need to help my son with preparations for a German and French test. I need to see how thing go to see if I can come online before or after they go to bed.
Real life has always priority! So if you can't come that is totally okay :)

We will test all 3 setups, please next time upload them to your google drive, I think we should only upload the final version to the resource manager (except @t0daY tells me otherwise).

B

Blue Monkey

Just unbelievable how this guy rejoined the track (video edited by Manu, footage from myself)

He even would have never ever made that track join...
rF2 - VEC D3 10.1 - 13 car rejoin.jpg

TheDoctor46

Community Member
Reaction score
Just seen the twitter post, wow this ranks high up in "worst rejoin 2017" :facepalm: Feel sorry for you two :confused:

B

Blue Monkey

@t0daY @MelBonkers @Blue Monkey @FlyingKman (you wanna participate in Fuji?)
We really need to practice this track, it is difficult to drive if you never learned it as it is full of blind corners.
Probably 4x the laps needed compared to Indianapolis for learning the track.
Please learn on MEDIUMS as Softs won't be an option for the race, due to very high tirewear!

B

Blue Monkey

Alright, so we´re gonna perform a test - to see if we can figure out an easy way to get a decent rubber file.
D1 server is now set to build rubber, from each session - so it wont be "deleted" after a new session or restart. Dont over do it, no need for 10000 laps on the server until a file is submitted.
Until now, we have had 1-1½ hours of practice with 10-20 cars. This seems like a decent starting rubber.

So if you test @MelBonkers @t0daY go to Division 1 server

@FlyingKman, please tell me if you wanna drive so I can plan ahead

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Btw, yesterday I was running on softs and did some changes to the setup. I'll share my setup with you guys of course. I wasn't much faster on the softs compared to my previous runs on the mediums and other setup. I improved yesterday with I think 3 tenths. There's a lot to gain with driving the correct line, but setup wise we have some more work to do. From the timings I can see the Div2 is the faster division. Compared to Div1 we are not doing too bad at the moment. But I think we should be able to at least get into the low 1m30s. If we can get there "comfortably" we can improve to get into the 1m29s.

w0rthy

Community Member
Reaction score
Btw, yesterday I was running on softs and did some changes to the setup. I'll share my setup with you guys of course. I wasn't much faster on the softs compared to my previous runs on the mediums and other setup. I improved yesterday with I think 3 tenths. There's a lot to gain with driving the correct line, but setup wise we have some more work to do. From the timings I can see the Div2 is the faster division. Compared to Div1 we are not doing too bad at the moment. But I think we should be able to at least get into the low 1m30s. If we can get there "comfortably" we can improve to get into the 1m29s.

If you didn't know, you can practice on any server regardless of your actual division, generally everyone just joins the one with the most people on, it gives you practice in traffic and rubber that is closer to what it would be during the race, so faster times.

B

Blue Monkey

If you didn't know, you can practice on any server regardless of your actual division, generally everyone just joins the one with the most people on, it gives you practice in traffic and rubber that is closer to what it would be during the race, so faster times.
Just be aware of the #1 LMP1, they are driving like *******

w0rthy

Community Member
Reaction score
Really, what did they do?
They were already on probation from their practice shenanigans.
Took out the 2nd place p2, and nearly the first place p2 as well. All while they had an entire lap lead with 20ish minutes to go.

Last edited:
B

Blue Monkey

@t0daY @FlyingKman @MelBonkers @Blue Monkey

I suggest following dates for practicing for VEC 6h Fuji (yes we are 4 guys and so everyone can do 2 stints)
  • Tuesday, 24th October, 17:00 UTC - 20:00 UTC
  • Thursday, 26th October 18:00 UTC - 22:00 UTC
So after practice in that week you should be able to drive the track already well and some basic setup should be done ... so
In the race week, we fine tune the setup, do some rain runs, do at least 1 full stint and finalize strategy
  • Tuesday, 31st October
  • Wednesday, 1st November
  • Thursday, 2nd November
  • Friday, 3rd November
Please appear at least 2x in each week for 1h+ practice ... especially on this track, as it is quite difficult to drive
You can suggest additional dates (ie. wednesday, friday) and I put them in there

Raceday - Saturday, 4th November (all times in CET)
15:50 - All qualifying drivers (and only those) must be on the server - and stay there - TEAMSPEAK VOICE TEST
16:25 - LM-P1/LM-P2 20 min Qualifying
16:55 - Start of formation lap (on pitlimiter - single file, no overlap - class leader should leave 5 second gap to the quicker class)
17:00 - Green flag, when YOU exit T16
23:00 - Approximate Race End
Source: https://forum.simracing.club/index.php?threads/race-2-6-hours-of-fuji.4510/

Last edited by a moderator:

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Blue Monkey @FlyingKman @t0daY I'll be online on Tuesday 31st October and Wednesday 1 November. I will do my best to be there on Thursday November 2. Next week I'll be off line as I will be on holiday.

Users who are viewing this thread