Valve index (1 Viewer)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Anyone has it? How much is it better than cv1 and rift s? My biggest gripe with cv1 is that car display and ui are barely readable even on 1.5 pixel density and screen door effect...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It’s a small step for a man, but a giant leap for mankind ;)

It’s a lot better than cv1 and a tad better than rift s. There are some threads here on the forum that go a bit more in detail.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Decided to pull the trigger and got Pimax 5k plus, now i need a base station and they are sold out on steam, anyone who can lend me one? :D

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Got pimax today, AC looks incredible, sde barely noticeable, on PC2 but i'm having problems with flickering objects like "crosshair" crest logo on top old mercedes cars, usual performance problems with acc :D

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Got pimax today, AC looks incredible, sde barely noticeable, on PC2 but i'm having problems with flickering objects like "crosshair" crest logo on top old mercedes cars, usual performance problems with acc :D
@Havocc, just read this now. Congrats on the purchase of the Pimax! I have one of these on my wishlist as well. How is it? Have you tried it on other games than AC or PC2?

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Havocc, just read this now. Congrats on the purchase of the Pimax! I have one of these on my wishlist as well. How is it? Have you tried it on other games than AC or PC2?
PC2 has to run on parallel projections with performance loss, AC looks quite good, ACC requires a 4080TI and can't get it to work with AMS2 (same engine as pc2) as even with parallel projection enabled i see split images

Last edited:

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Born2BSlow has a Pimax 8K as I read in this post. Maybe he has some tips/advices for your issues?

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with AMS2 but I just kept switching the parallel projections on and off in Pimax software and restarted the service and HMD until it decided to play nice I think. I will check my settings later and let you know if I spot anything.

I got my basestations from eBay could never find them in stock anywhere else. One has a noticeable high pitched whining noise but something inside spins at high velocity which must be causing it.

Pimax forum is a nightmare to find stuff but if you use the search you should find settings for most games, Reddit as well. There are a lot more 5k+ around than the 8k that I have. I don’t bother with ACC it’s always looked awful in VR.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I got my basestations from eBay could never find them in stock anywhere else. One has a noticeable high pitched whining noise but something inside spins at high velocity which must be causing it.

@Born2BSlow my Index Base stations also make a whining noise. It's because of the spinning laser/thingy mechanism inside. But I don't bother with it as you have your HMD and headphone on, so can't hear it during VR gaming.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Tbh i was thinking about selling it and getting a 49" Qled 32:9 monitor, image quality is a lot better than Rift S and a bit better than index and has bigger fov but it's quite uncomfortable with standard head strap to use for 60-90 minutes and visibility of far objects is still nowhere near a 1440p screen, for example if i race a brand new track it takes me about 2/3 (depending on number of corners) laps to get a first idea about braking points lines etc on a monitor, on vr my first 5-6 laps are usually a spin, chicane cutting and overshooting corner fest, fps and input lag are a problem too, i can safely run acc maxed out at 110% res scale at 130-144 fps, on vr i have fps problem in ac too, replays or benchmarks play safely at 90 fps but in races even when there are no cars nearby usually fps go down to 45 triggering frame smoothing, in acc i also notice a slight lag between my steering wheel and the in-game one

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Have you set your IPD correctly? Do you know someone with an iphone X or have an eye prescription handy. The Pimax is very sensitive to facial position and correcct IPD setting, the shitty headstrap doesn't really help. The Vive DAS is compatible and a big improvement, I'm going to take the plunge and get one. I don't have room for triples any more (although I'm considering a move into my garage), I've got superwide 32" monitor, but after VR it just isn't the same. You've only had it a fortnight, give it a chance.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Have you set your IPD correctly? Do you know someone with an iphone X or have an eye prescription handy. The Pimax is very sensitive to facial position and correcct IPD setting, the shitty headstrap doesn't really help. The Vive DAS is compatible and a big improvement, I'm going to take the plunge and get one. I don't have room for triples any more (although I'm considering a move into my garage), I've got superwide 32" monitor, but after VR it just isn't the same. You've only had it a fortnight, give it a chance.
Vive das requires 3d printed clips to be used on pimax

Users who are viewing this thread