UK - Win a Season racing Formula Ford (1 Viewer)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Got this e-mail today, might go down and have a go. This is in Coseley off the .Birmingham .New Road I think between Birmingham and Wolverhampton.

BECOME A 2018 FORMULA FORD CHAMPION
Qualify at Cannon Raceway on Tuesday 12th September

The JMR Scholarship is offering a fully funded season in the 2018 National Formula Ford Championship. The Scholarship winner will race in a winning car, run by a winning team and have at their disposal all the technical and engineering support they need to convert this amazing opportunity into trophies and a career in Motorsport!

Entrants will compete for the fastest lap around the Brands Hatch Indy Circuit driving a Formula Rookie car all within the Project Cars software. The hardware and software will remain a constant throughout so as to provide a level playing field

The winner of this incredible prize will be decided through a fastest lap competition on our racing simulator, making this one of the purest forms of competition.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A few of us were talking about this earlier this week, it'll be interesting to see how the winner does next year. I reckon a few of us could be in with a good chance of getting into the sharp end of this, especially since we do this combo in Induction fairly often. @Cluck even set a time good enough for P1 in our practice session, although with a H pattern gearbox and different weather conditions, but he wouldn't be too far off.

I would probably give it a go, but you have to pay to take part (£25 for 30 mins IIRC), and I'm a poor boy at the moment.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's tempting but I suspect I'm 30 years too late (at least) :D

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain brother... (sciatica, back pain, creaky knees) lol...

I did ok in the overclockers race series (I got 2 full Palmersports days at Bedford for free, which were amazing) but once i got up against some really quick youngsters in the final it was clear they were in a different league...

Topsie

Community Member
Reaction score
I did some of these scholarships to join a race team for a year in Formula Ford back in the 90's. Turned out to be a good way of them wringing you for money.

Please make sure to read the small print guys. Hopefully things have changed:)

Users who are viewing this thread