Project CARS 2 TT #2 - Ford Mustang '66 Fastback @ California Highway Stage 1 (1 Viewer)

TT #2 - Ford Mustang '66 Fastback @ California Highway Stage 1
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 23:00
Until: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 23:01
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
@Cluck event is missing from the calendar.

Well I tried heel-and-toe but seems impossible with my current pedals setup... brake pedal on the left side of the stand of my Wheel Stand Pro, throttle pedal on the right. Too much work to change it so will give it a try today or tomorrow with manual clutch and h-shifter ... without downshift throttle blipping... won't work probably... so might switch to auto clutch...

PC2 tries to simulate (except road spec cars) a racing gearbox. Most racing gearboxes run with a "dog clutch". normal road cars utilise a "syncromesh clutch".

A syncro clutch requires the clutch to be depressed with each gear change. A dog clutch does not.

you can get a smooth gear change without using the clutch by:

• to change up - lift of the throttle (it only needs to drop to 3/4 throttle), engage the next gear then back on the throttle.
  • to change down (even while braking) - press the throttle to rev the engine as you engage the lower gear.

If you time it right (as is the case with all racing) then you will never need to press the clutch except for a standing start (maybe a few other situations). This will allow you to keep your left foot on the brake so you can simulate heel and toe using both feet if you are not able to have your pedals spaced adequately for it.

I do this in most manual racers, (yes I run the manual clutch setting and have 3 pedals).

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
PC2 tries to simulate (except road spec cars) a racing gearbox. Most racing gearboxes run with a "dog clutch". normal road cars utilise a "syncromesh clutch".

A syncro clutch requires the clutch to be depressed with each gear change. A dog clutch does not.

you can get a smooth gear change without using the clutch by:

• to change up - lift of the throttle (it only needs to drop to 3/4 throttle), engage the next gear then back on the throttle.
  • to change down (even while braking) - press the throttle to rev the engine as you engage the lower gear.

If you time it right (as is the case with all racing) then you will never need to press the clutch except for a standing start (maybe a few other situations). This will allow you to keep your left foot on the brake so you can simulate heel and toe using both feet if you are not able to have your pedals spaced adequately for it.

I do this in most manual racers, (yes I run the manual clutch setting and have 3 pedals).

I couldn't do that, could you do that? How can they do that? ....Who are those guys?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This run was a couple of tenths down in the first sector and a tenth or so off my best in the 2nd, so 3m23 is definitely on the cards on the default loose setup.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
With 2 weeks already gone we've seen a bit of movement in the top 5. @Cluck and @Born2BSlow are still in P1 and P2 but are now joined on the provisional podium by @Nada, with a sub-3m30 time. @kobusnell has popped into the top-5, displacing Dama.

The top 10 in the global leaderboard for the combo is now dominated by RSR members, with 9 out of the 10 places filled (just P9 is spoiling the RSR party somewhat).

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
As week 3 draws to a close, @Cluck is still holding firm at the top, with @Nada throwing a great lap in to take P2 from @Born2BSlow , who now drops to 3rd. The remaining 2 spots in the top 5 are unchanged, with @Hujkis and @kobusnell in P4 and P5 respectively.

The top 9 spots in the leaderboard are now fully RSR, with just P10 occupied by "an outsider". Come on folks, somebody grab that spot and give RSR the complete top-10!

Just 1 week to go for somebody to wipe the smile from the chicken's beak.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Everyone should have a go at this to appreciate the feel the top guys, those under 3:30, must have for the car. To have the car behaving throughout the whole sprint (it's quite long and twisty) is amazing. You won't believe how easy it is to lose 0.5s in one corner.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Week 4 is coming to an end and with it brings a host of changes in the leaderboard. @Born2BSlow retakes his P2 from @Nada and @Puffpirat pops himself nicely into P4, dropping @kobusnell out of the top 5, despite an improved time during the week. The self-proclaimed 'World's Fastest Chicken' is still ruling the roost at the top of the table, somebody beat his time please, or we won't hear the end of it!

The top 10 places in the global leaderboard are now occupied by RSR members. Well done everybody!

For those yet to take part, or set a time, there are still 3 days left. We've only got 16 members having registered a time so far, so come on have a go, it's a fun combo even if you don't manage to set a really fast lap.

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
@Puffpirat pops himself nicely into P4
ugh
2.jpg

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had a crazy month and didn't really have time to do this, and I feel like I've missed out :dead:

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Congrats @Cluck. Sick lap time. o_O

Thanks for organizing this. I look forward to the next event. I feel like I'm learning a lot, would never have driven these cars otherwise. Pleased with how much my times improved, from starting mid 40s to where I finished.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
The first time I drove this combo, I thought it sucked. I have to say once I found the rhythm and understood the car I really enjoyed throwing it around, and the fact it was a little unpredictable under braking made it interesting...

Great lap by the Colonel’s Favourite, looking forward to the next one.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Although I never set a time... I !@#@$# up close to the end... and had some PC issues lately, PCARS2 not starting up... rebuilding the PC atm.. I had great fun driving this car. Looking forward to the next round, preferring a race track so I learn new tracks along the way... and maybe a car that is more popular among the PCARS2 community so the faster drivers also have a bigger challenge to get on top of the TT list?

I'm currently doing TT with the Porsche 911 RSR at Spa... not any good yet (30th time) but would love to see a RSR top 10 over there :)
Or any other more popular car/track combination.

RSR should be fastest with a RSR, right?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
^^^ The only problem with something like a GT3 is that a lot of the cars have been BOP'd since release, so it might be impossible for some people to beat their previous times (that and the leaderboard tables will be VERY full already!). There's also the question of trying to balance "doing something different" versus "doing something familiar" and that's a very fine line. We've already seen a very large drop in turnout for round 2, compared to round 1 (16 in round 2 vs 27 in round 1 vs 50 members that voted for this to take place) so there's going to be a day or two before the next event goes up whilst we work out exactly what the next combo will be - we have some combo ideas already in the pipeline, it's just a question of testing them to see if they're either "too challenging" or "too safe" - too challenging risks a very low turnout (again), whilst too safe risks being boring. RSR has always been more interested in experimenting with the variety of cars and tracks on offer, rather than sticking to the well-trodden path of, for example, GT3 at Spa / Monza :)

We'll also get the final results for this round posted soon. Again, thanks to all those that did take part and take on the challenge. For my part, I thoroughly enjoyed hustling that old car around Cali Highway :)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
It’s a shame it’s reliant on trawling leaderboards, kind of restricts us from using popular combos where peeps may have set a time previously. I realised this was a problem when we did a TT during WMD and I was using a dump of the stats data into excel to produce leaderboards... I might still have that spreadsheet knocking about. I know there is a software solution using udp feed, but there doesn’t appear to be a way to check for default set using that.

Users who are viewing this thread