The RSR Newsletter - July 2018 (1 Viewer)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
*Only the proper, original German Becks mind you, not the muck we have in the UK. Send bottles to:

1, The Coop
Hatchery Road
Eggsmoor
Eggseter E99 5

Given the fact that (tap) beer is currently short and darn expensive in the UK, I'd rather post my real address i n order to receive Becks care-packages. :p

wabi

Community Member
Reaction score
Donations help to keep the forum up and running , beer helps to keep the admins up and running. Easy.
Admins, start new campaign through your PayBeer. My BEER account isn't empty.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is simply not true. I don't think you get the idea of open source.

I am working as an IT guy, I do know the idea of open source. But I do not see "open source" as the holy grail and answer for everything. Some do, apparently ;)

Can't comment here, don't have enough experience with this...
Isn't it just plain old mysql? There is also this https://github.com/akhoury/nodebb-plugin-import-xenforo

Yes it is a normal MySQL database, but XF does save a lot more in their db with a reference to file paths in their own installation like attachements, avatars and so on... Its always lot of work to get an export/import working from one to another software (I did not take a look into the github yet).

Are they really "plugins by XenForo"? I mean developed by them? Or just random npm javascrip thingies...

Honestly, I do like the RSR forum, it works flawlessly. I also don't have much experience with web/php/js, so I'm not going to judge anything. If you guys chosen xf, it was probably for a reason.
You said xf support is very good, that is a valid reason to pay in my book :)

Yes, many plugins are actually from staff members of XenForo. But there are also other plugins by normal users of the community. Some are for free, some not. Some are spending hours of work into these plugins, giving you support and even fullfil custom requests. Therefore I can understand why they are charging money for certain plugins.

Secondly, we have an extra support line directly to XenForo which means whenever we need any kind of help, we get it asap, in less than 24 hours. This is also a nice extra if something breaks down and you need immidiate help.

It's just... I would rather buy you guys a beer.

Beer is always good! :D

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Only thing I would really wish for is a direct link/google calendar export

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
I am working as an IT guy, I do know the idea of open source. But I do not see "open source" as the holy grail and answer for everything. Some do, apparently ;)
Not for everything, no. This is for longer discussion over the beer I'm paying :p

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Only thing I would really wish for is a direct link/google calendar export

An export will be, per event, possible with XF2 :)

Not for everything, no. This is for longer discussion over the beer I'm paying :p

My appartement is always open for any RSR member ;)

wabi

Community Member
Reaction score
Well, is there any plugin to show world map, where one can find any member with beer? ;)

Jussi_SMS

Community Member
Reaction score
*Only the proper, original German Becks mind you, not the muck we have in the UK. Send bottles to:

1, The Coop
Hatchery Road
Eggsmoor
Eggseter E99 5
Still haunted by the selection available at the Xmas party...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Still haunted by the selection available at the Xmas party...
It was pretty shocking yeah, that's why I moved over pretty quickly to the red wine. In hindsight, that wasn't the most sensible of things to do :D

Users who are viewing this thread