Split 2 - R7: Dubai - 17th September 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well this race will be interesting for me, not had chance for any practice due to work and being at Silverstone this weekend.

I should have two hours of practice before the race tomorrow, if anyone is on around 5:30 UK time.
I'll be around as usual from 5.45ish UK time.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Strongly agree, I won't be joining rsr cups in summer next time...if there will be any. I signed up for season 5 because I couldn't resist the combination of fast open wheelers plus one of my favourit tracks (Spa) on the calendar.
I think summertime should be for recharging for next season...not only for the drivers but also for family and friends, who do not always appreciate that you are locked up into your virtual world all the time. Plus summertime is way too hot for wearing VR glasses and a headset with mic if you do not have airco :D
no no, you're doing it wrong. You lock up your family and friends during leagues so that they are keen for fun when you let them out again...

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
This was the final race of this season, which I remembered with my mistakes by choosing tactics in the settings I forgot to activate them. And when it's time to stop, and then it turned out that the active setting was "by default" I started to repair the engine, filled 65 liters of fuel and did not replace the rubber, and rubber replacement is a prerequisite, and on the next lap I went again to the pit for rubber well, mechanics decided to fill me with a full tank.
On the qualification, I, changing the settings did not check them and went with a very large amount of fuel.
Tired it is better not to drive, even if it is virtual!
Unfortunately, I did not manage to normalize the car since I did not have time and was tired and inattentive. I put the maximum clamp on 19/20 but the guys always wanted me to go in the corners, but could simply and safely pass on a straight line, I even left the trajectory hinting to them about it.
And as a bonus, the only program for tracking FPS in virtual reality! In-game utility for tracking FPS (frames per second), other performance counters, and SteamVR settings in games and applications for SteamVR.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The only race of the season where I was actually able to get a solid 5 hours practice in on the track. Probably the most amount of laps I've done around a circuit for the entire season.
Must admit I was especially happy having finally gotten to grips with the now not so new controller, improving my consistency in the last two races to an acceptable level.
I was able to totally nail my setup for this round having a solid car with little understeer & no oversteer.
I found out that most of my previous setups after playing around had the car scrapping along the road 90% of the time hahaha. Oops.

The sprint race went really well, was a little too conservative fo the first corner but was able to make up the places as people went wide or spun out. Unfortunately I got caught up in @SP1KEGRW & @Darksi battle that ended in a PIT maneuver with me trying to sneak up the inside on the double left hander at the end of the lap. Unfortunately with no where to escape to I T-boned @SP1KEGRW. Don't know how much damage you got from it but it destroyed my front suspension & aero. Thankfully we were close to the pit lane so I didn't lose too much time. At the back of the field I just started putting in qualy style laps with my 62l of fuel.

The feature race went much better having qualified further up the grid. Unfortunately there was an incident going into T3 that I saw unfolding & slowed down to avoid. Annoyingly I got rear ended & that was it. Back to the pits & race was destroyed having being resigned to a 2 stop race minimum as I knew the tyres wouldn't go the entire distance from practice.

It's been great fun & I look forward to the next round. Hopefully I can get some actual practice in for the future races. Not having a stable car with minimal knowledge of the tracks is horrible haha.
Congrats to @Eugene Gajkin for outperforming his "pro" teammate & to everyone that took part making this season as fun as possible.

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well to start thanks to @Darksi and @Jamesl91 and other admins for running the Season.

After entering the practice not feeling confident at all, as I've been unable to do any practice until an hour before the race.

Quali 1:
I was shocked I managed to put in a very quick lap to get on the 2nd row of the grid, I did my 2 runs and then returned to the pits to set up my pit strats and make any final setup changes.

Race 1:
I had a good start and managed to get up to 2nd by the first corner. I was pushing for first as soon as I could, but I soon decided to calm down and just keep it on the road as the points will be good enough and I just needed to gain as many as possible.
After a few laps @Determined Hangman came up very quickly, and I couldn't do anything to stop him passing, and he made his assault on @Nada.

I decided to stick behind in 3rd just in case anything happened between the two leaders, a few laps later some little contact was made, and Hangman lost some pace, this gave me 2nd. And then 2 laps to the end Nada seemed to be slowing too, I closed the 2s+ gap down to nothing, and on the final lap I was close enough to attack.
On the slow hairpin after the back straight I decided to go in slower hoping for a better exit, but the rear of the car snapped and I had a little spin.

So now it was just to get to the line in 2nd, and gain the points.

Quali 2:
On my first run I spun the car so returned to the pits, for a better 2nd run.
But only after I did my first flying lap I had noticed the game had bugged and given me my race fuel setup even with me selecting my Quali setup.

So I was too slow, and didn't have time to return to the pits for the correct setup, this resulted in me starting 8th.

Race 2:
Once again on the grid I had no controls same as Indy, so had to Alt-Tab out and in, to get controls.
So a slight panic off the line for me.

I was going to have a safe run to just gain points again, after T2 there was a bit of a tangle between a few cars, so this lead me to being in 5th. I was following James and Si, so I knew I was in a safe pack. Unfortunately Si ran wide a few laps later, which led to be getting passed him, and chasing down James. And then unfortunately James and Nada either had a slight bit of contact, or netcode issues.

So with me now 2nd I wanted to keep calm and just hold the place, but I saw myself catching Hangman in the lead, and we had a nice little battle before the pit stops. As soon as our stops were over I saw myself in the lead, with about a 2s lead. But Hangman seemed to have better pace after the stops compared to me.

After a few laps my tyres seemed to go off and I just couldn't hold the pace that hangman had, so he easily passed me and went into the distance.

So well done to @Nada and @Determined Hangman for the wins in the races.
And congratulations to @Jamesl91 for winning the championship, I know total shock right ;)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Congrats to @Jamesl91 for winning this round of the revolution cup.

Unfortunately not the best season for the Oculus Drifters, me and my team mate @Dama_The_Crow.

oculus2.PNG

Well we just didn't attend to that much races due to the summer season, holidays and other stuff... otherwise we would have won the split 2 team championship for sure of course ;)

I had great fun and liked the fast open wheel car, had to adapt to the higher speed, DRS, VR etc. which took some time. Had my best race ever so far during this season, quali 10th and finished 6th in the Spa sprint race... although it goes a bit slow sometimes, I hope the progress will continue during next season.
I made progress by getting better with setups and changing tyre pressures for quali, but most progress I made by changing the way I look, not focusing on the tyre outside the track (if there is enough run out space) but on the tyres that need to stay within the white lines and looking forward/ahead as far as possible (and at braking point, turn-in point, apex and exit-point of course).

See you all next season... well, not all probably, some will promote to Split 1 I guess (hope :D)

Determined Hangman

Community Member
Reaction score
Well to start thanks to @Darksi and @Jamesl91 and other admins for running the Season.

After entering the practice not feeling confident at all, as I've been unable to do any practice until an hour before the race.

Quali 1:
I was shocked I managed to put in a very quick lap to get on the 2nd row of the grid, I did my 2 runs and then returned to the pits to set up my pit strats and make any final setup changes.

Race 1:
I had a good start and managed to get up to 2nd by the first corner. I was pushing for first as soon as I could, but I soon decided to calm down and just keep it on the road as the points will be good enough and I just needed to gain as many as possible.
After a few laps @Determined Hangman came up very quickly, and I couldn't do anything to stop him passing, and he made his assault on @Nada.

I decided to stick behind in 3rd just in case anything happened between the two leaders, a few laps later some little contact was made, and Hangman lost some pace, this gave me 2nd. And then 2 laps to the end Nada seemed to be slowing too, I closed the 2s+ gap down to nothing, and on the final lap I was close enough to attack.
On the slow hairpin after the back straight I decided to go in slower hoping for a better exit, but the rear of the car snapped and I had a little spin.

So now it was just to get to the line in 2nd, and gain the points.

Quali 2:
On my first run I spun the car so returned to the pits, for a better 2nd run.
But only after I did my first flying lap I had noticed the game had bugged and given me my race fuel setup even with me selecting my Quali setup.

So I was too slow, and didn't have time to return to the pits for the correct setup, this resulted in me starting 8th.

Race 2:
Once again on the grid I had no controls same as Indy, so had to Alt-Tab out and in, to get controls.
So a slight panic off the line for me.

I was going to have a safe run to just gain points again, after T2 there was a bit of a tangle between a few cars, so this lead me to being in 5th. I was following James and Si, so I knew I was in a safe pack. Unfortunately Si ran wide a few laps later, which led to be getting passed him, and chasing down James. And then unfortunately James and Nada either had a slight bit of contact, or netcode issues.

So with me now 2nd I wanted to keep calm and just hold the place, but I saw myself catching Hangman in the lead, and we had a nice little battle before the pit stops. As soon as our stops were over I saw myself in the lead, with about a 2s lead. But Hangman seemed to have better pace after the stops compared to me.

After a few laps my tyres seemed to go off and I just couldn't hold the pace that hangman had, so he easily passed me and went into the distance.

So well done to @Nada and @Determined Hangman for the wins in the races.
And congratulations to @Jamesl91 for winning the championship, I know total shock right ;)
Was a fun second race, both of us made a few mistakes but fun regardless. I hope next season is just as fun

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry for waiting long again. But it's not like with Spa, I just had a lot of commitments the last few days.

Here, have the POVs:

Congrats again, for the guys being on the podium for the season. I have made too many mistakes through out the season, to be there.

I know what I need to work on for the next season, so I'll do that, and come back stronger.

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
@benimi unfortunate on that R2 start, I saw it happen in slow mo and I need to gain quicker reflexies as I could of got round that :banghead:.
Congrats for nursing it to the pits (keeping the track clear by using the run off areas - noting for self to adopt) and sticking with it to the end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread