Split 2 - R7: Dubai - 17th September 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Car:
Formula Renault 3.5
Track: Dubai GP
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop for the Feature Race

Date: Monday, 17th September 2018
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
18:40 UTC - Qualifying
18:50 UTC - Sprint Race
19:20 UTC - Qualifying
19:50 UTC - Feature Race

General
In-game Date:
Time Progression:
Weather Progression:

Qualifying
Duration:
Start Time:
Weather Forecast:

Race
Duration:
Start Time:
Weather Forecast:

Sprint
17th September 2018
Real Time
Sync to Race

10 mins
08:00
Hazy

14 Laps
09:00
Medium Cloud

Feature
17th September 2018
Real Time
Sync to Race

10 mins
16:00
Clear

27 Laps
17:00
Light Cloud > Heavy Cloud

Starting Procedure: Standing Start, when the in-game lights turn green the race starts - stay alert and look out for slow starters.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@The Breeze
@Eugene Gajkin
@Dama_The_Crow
@2scoops
@Rargon
@Henri

eagle

Community Member
Reaction score
I’ve just had an interesting idea I’d like to share.

I’ve realized that the race itself is a pure music, a symphony with “epic” episodes gently drifting into a calm and hasteless “melody”, which tells us its own story, and where the track defines the rhythm and lines only. This is a symphony-improvisation.

And pilots are like musicians. Each prepares for every “performance”, rehearses “etudes”, cherishingly tunes up his musical instrument – race-car – making it unbeatable, making all strings – levers and control buttons – sound crystal clear, the way we want to hear... otherwise - Error! Crash!! Kissthewall!!!

The race is a process; it is a collaborative art of many pilots-musicians, performing separately and jointly. In most cases we, the racers, are responsible for the impromptu to sound. But at the same time we are only human, sometimes we jump the track and the audience hears some “false notes”. Sometimes culmination points“tear the strings”, and the parts break in a process… But the theme goes on until the final chord sounds, the final chord of the “musician” who is lucky to perform the main and triumphal part today, symbolizing the end of another new piece.
So... Let's play it!!)

Сегодня меня посетила одна интересная мысль... Попробую ее изложить)
Я вдруг понял, что гонка - это музыка, симфония, где местами эпичные "'эпизоды" плавно перетекают в спокойную, размеренную "мелодию", рассказывая нам ту или иную историю, где трасса задаёт только общий ритм и определяет законы - это симфония-экспромт... А пилоты-музыканты, каждый по отдельности, готовясь к каждому "исполнению", репетирует "наброски", с любовью настраивает свой музыкальный инструмент... автомобиль, доводя его до идеала, чтобы каждое прикосновение к его струнам-рычагам и кнопкам управления извлекало кристально чистые "ноты", именно те, которые мы хотим услышать... иначе... Ошибка! Авария!! Стена!!!
Гонка - это процесс, совместное творчество многих пилотов-музыкантов и каждого в отдельности. Большей частью от нас, участников, зависит, как "прозвучит" этот экспромт... Но в то же время, мы всего лишь люди, иногда сбиваемся, и проскакивают "фальшивые нотки"... иногда в кульминационные моменты могут "лопаться струны", и какие-то партии в процессе прерываются... но основной мотив продолжает играть, пока не прозвучит финальный аккорд "музыканта", которому посчастливилось исполнить сегодня главную, победную партию, знаменующую окончание ещё одного, только что написанного произведения.
Что же, давайте исполним его!! )

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
^^^

:D

EDIT : Oh and to keep my post somewhat on-topic, here's a TT lap I did

Crysis Nanosuit said:
Maximum Wing

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Will miss this one too unfortunately. Seems to be a nice track.
Still haven't finished my Tour de Corse...and my Corsican beer(s) :D Cheers and hope you all will have a good race at Dubai.
20180910_184824_resized(2).jpg

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well this race will be interesting for me, not had chance for any practice due to work and being at Silverstone this weekend.

I should have two hours of practice before the race tomorrow, if anyone is on around 5:30 UK time.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I may not make it to the race today :( . Good luck to everyone

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Just to say I can't drive tonight. My kids and wife are sick few days now and just couln't do much anything about driving or else than being a doctor.
Sorry for this season specially for my teammate @The Breeze for more quitting than driving this 5th cup. Tip for me for next time: "Don't join to summer leagues."

See you in season 6.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I am still without PC, I was hoping it would be back by now so that I could race, but it's still at the silicon hospital :(

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well this race will be interesting for me, not had chance for any practice due to work and being at Silverstone this weekend.

I should have two hours of practice before the race tomorrow, if anyone is on around 5:30 UK time.
I will be around

Rargon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sadly I won't be able to race tonight. Hope you guys have a great time with this last event.

Henri

Community Member
Reaction score
Apologies for this late cancellation, but I was hoping it could be avoided. But no; regretfully I have a work-related obligation that blocks my entry tonight. Hate to miss the last race :(

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Tip for me for next time: "Don't join to summer leagues."
Strongly agree, I won't be joining rsr cups in summer next time...if there will be any. I signed up for season 5 because I couldn't resist the combination of fast open wheelers plus one of my favourit tracks (Spa) on the calendar.
I think summertime should be for recharging for next season...not only for the drivers but also for family and friends, who do not always appreciate that you are locked up into your virtual world all the time. Plus summertime is way too hot for wearing VR glasses and a headset with mic if you do not have airco :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread