Split 2 - R6: Spa - 3rd Jul 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Well done on clinching 3rd @Dama_The_Crow.

Im very relieved I didnt collect a bunch of people at the start in Les Combes - apologies if I raised your heart rates there...

After that though things calmed down.

I could not believe my pace was enough for 4th for that race.

Mainly I think due to being quite comfortable in the rain - I overtook @Ashnoom and @The Wayfaerer - both had a very slow few laps in the rain for Im guessing tyre reasons?

Then @The Wayfaerer got his normal pace back and came back at me - so 3rd was definitely off the table but 4th would have clinched me 3rd overall - basically anything that put me ahead of Ash and Dama.

Alas on the very last wet lap eau rouge decided that was not to be and I crashed hard at the top after losing it in the dip. That lost me 15 seconds on the impact seeing both Ash and Dama fly by (grrrrr) but then significantly more than that purely on the limping back to the pits.

At least I was able to swap to drys in the same pit stop :)

Overall very happy with my consistency this season (short of the off in eau rouge) - the track day cars really are my favourite so the SP300 was a near perfect match.

A big thank you to @FuBii and @Jonno for volunteering setups - without those I would not have done as well.

Edit: Thank you @SBart_uk too for setup help :)

Lastly a big thanks to the admins for doing what they do !

Last edited:

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My race is pretty easy to sum up. I wasn't in the right state of mind to race to my absolute potential, I don't know why. I was at least a second off my practise times if not more in the fog and found myself daydreaming at times. It's happened to me before when doing a time trial on my bicycle, some days I'm just not motivated.

In terms of racing then:

34 laps driving on my own.

I wouldn't have known there was a race on XD

Thanks guys for a great season of racing, I look forward to the next one!

Maybe we should all drive a rotary to add oil stops to the equation, I'm well practised at that lol.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
How I should have raced...

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Man, what a race that was!

So, starting from 5th I immediately overtook @Nevil before eau rouge. Had a good run for a lap or so, tried to overtake, I think @Dama_The_Crow at the end of the long straight. Getting a lift off oversteer moment and lost a good amount of places. Ended up 9th I think.

Was stuck behind @SlowBloke IIRC. Slowly working my way back. Then the rain kicked in. Oh man, how I love rain! I managed to work myself up to 2nd position from 8th during the rain. Overtaking someone every other lap. Able to cool my tires when I wasn't overtaking/following/escaping someone was key at this point. Once I was overtaking someone my tire temps went up, had to run different lines. Crossing back and forth forcing a different line on the other driver and bhwam, another position stolen. Sweat was literally on my forehead.

When I gotten 2nd position I was ~17-19 seconds behind @steveg200 . Slowly gaining but loosing a few seconds as well due to being too harsh on the throttle. Ran wide on the hairpin before the start/finish two or three times costing me half a second or so each time.

Then around lap 18 or 19. I hit the kerbs too hard on the right side of eau rouge. Went in a small sideways slide. Over-corrected and hit the wall at the end of eau rouge on the right side. And hard! 25 front right, 20 engine, 30 aero damage. And there went my 5second lead to third, fourth, fifth, slowly being overtaken by 6th and 7th as well.

Managed to get out of the pits infront of @Stokemon IIRC. 8th or 7th position. It was still raining. Calculated I had 5 or 6 laps left for the rain. So I just gave it all. I didn't care about tire managed. All I cared was about closing the gaps!

Managed to get to 4th around lap 33. Made a very stupid mistake once again at the end of the long straight while overtaking @Dama_The_Crow for that 4th position. Which saw me end up 6th behind @Mark Baggaley. Had the last 2 laps a good battle with him only for him to return the favour (of running wide) which handed me 5th position.

All in all, I had a @##^#$ blast! @Stokemon @Mark Baggaley @SlowBloke @Dama_The_Crow @Nevil @The Wayfaerer thanks a lot for the very clean race! I had a blast battling you guys.

@Freak Superman @Dutchtastic @Psychotronic @zevme @Darksi and I think @Nakor thanks for all the clean overtakes. Except for once but I forgot who it was, but as a general advice. Please lift off a little bit exiting a corner or lift off at a straight to let a lapping car pass by a bit more easy. I had it once where I was able to overtake someone after the busstop, only for him to stay next to me on my right side when entering the hairpin before start finish, which is a bit stressful because I don't know what you are going to do. So please, who ever you were, please lift off a little bit in such a case. It only has to be for a split moment, but saves quite some stress and will prevent some hairy situations.

@Admins thanks for organising this league!

p.s. DAMN YOU DAMA! 2 POINTS! 222222222 POINTS! If only I had stayed a head of you I would have been third overall! Congrats though ;-)

p.s.s. I was very happy to hear halfway during the rain from my crew chief "You are currently the fastest on the track". And the last three laps, while battling @Mark Baggaley I was setting fastest lap times lap after lap. Which put a big smile on my face because I even managed to break the record while I was overtaking @Mark Baggaley :D. I am a happy camper I am

Last edited:

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Ashnoom you really have to tell us the secret behind your black magics conserving the rain tires that well :D

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
p.s. DAMN YOU DAMA! 2 POINTS! 222222222 POINTS! If only I had stayed a head of you I would have been third overall! Congrats though ;-)

:p

Thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread