Split 2 - R5: Spa-Francorchamps - 27th August 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EcHoTec

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey, I know its a late notice, but could I join as a guest racer for today? btw I am a member and completed 3 induction races. Don't know why it says an applicant. Am member on teamspeak

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I am very sorry but I can't race tonight. Some family thing last minute came. Very sorry.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A big thanks to @Jonno for letting me join him in the commentary box. I had good fun :)

I'm sure he'll link you all to the stream, it's helpful apart from lap 1 (both races) where I didn't know where to look and we missed everything!

Please let me know how I've done. I've wanted to try that for a while.

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
Again it's time for interesting stories. The first story: which lasted one turn before contact with the rear wheel @Darksi from whom I turned in the air, and I landed on the roof (Problem is likely in different ping), after this gathering watched the struggle of the lucky ones who continued the battle on the track.

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
The second story: I failed to start trying to close the notice on the screen. Thanks to the pilots who started after me and avoided contact with the slow car (me). Further all as in a fog overtaking and failures of other contenders which lasted a circle or two and having appeared on the third place has spent quiet and class race. The pit stop tactic was a failure ☹

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A up and down set of races for me, and same with the Quali's.

Quali 1: I didn't have the pace to match Hangmans time, but starting P2 was a good thing for this track.

Sprint Race: I had an ok start and held P2 going into T1, and down the Kemmel straight, but then lost the rear going into the chicane, unfortunately James also lost it here (out of sympathy I think) I managed to keep going and held 2nd, and only lost 3s on Hangman.

I was happy to hold 2nd and just bag the points, then after 3-4 laps I went through Raidillion with DRS open like I have on every single lap of practice and the car just decided to kill me. I couldn't be arsed doing a full lap with damage, so I DNF'd this race.

Quali 2: I thought Hangman once again had the pole for this one, with his setup being straight line focused more than for the corners, I was half a second slower until my final run where I managed to pull a great lap out of the bag, me running a higher downforce setup helped in S2 where I was full second quicker than Hangmans fastest. Overall I ended up 2 tenths quicker, which I was happy about for my first pole.

Feature Race: Starting from pole gave me that slight advantage into T1, and I thought I nailed the start on this one.
I seemed to have a decent gap from the others leaving T1 and was out of the threat for someone getting a decent toe down the Kemmel straight.

After 4-5 laps James was 3 seconds behind me, and I felt comfortable with the car, wasn't taking any chances with the DRS through Raidillion this time, so was disabling it before Eau Rouge. And then after Rivage on lap 4 or 5 can't remember which I seemed to open the DRS something I've not been doing in race sessions, and I pressed to close it and surprise surprise it didn't close. So I went into the wall backwards and received 20-30 rear aero damage.

So I pitted early in the hope to play the long game and catch people back up. Luckily as I caught people they seemed to make their pitstops, so didn't lose much time following people. When James made his stop from the lead I was 10 seconds behind, and I had no chance of catching this back up. With 4 laps to go my rear snapped at the corner after Rivage and went straight for the bollards on the apex, so I received 13 front aero and 5 suspension damage, I just kept what pace I could to keep P2.

So well done @Jamesl91 and @Determined Hangman for the wins!

Determined Hangman

Community Member
Reaction score
A up and down set of races for me, and same with the Quali's.

Quali 1: I didn't have the pace to match Hangmans time, but starting P2 was a good thing for this track.

Sprint Race: I had an ok start and held P2 going into T1, and down the Kemmel straight, but then lost the rear going into the chicane, unfortunately James also lost it here (out of sympathy I think) I managed to keep going and held 2nd, and only lost 3s on Hangman.

I was happy to hold 2nd and just bag the points, then after 3-4 laps I went through Raidillion with DRS open like I have on every single lap of practice and the car just decided to kill me. I couldn't be arsed doing a full lap with damage, so I DNF'd this race.

Quali 2: I thought Hangman once again had the pole for this one, with his setup being straight line focused more than for the corners, I was half a second slower until my final run where I managed to pull a great lap out of the bag, me running a higher downforce setup helped in S2 where I was full second quicker than Hangmans fastest. Overall I ended up 2 tenths quicker, which I was happy about for my first pole.

Feature Race: Starting from pole gave me that slight advantage into T1, and I thought I nailed the start on this one.
I seemed to have a decent gap from the others leaving T1 and was out of the threat for someone getting a decent toe down the Kemmel straight.

After 4-5 laps James was 3 seconds behind me, and I felt comfortable with the car, wasn't taking any chances with the DRS through Raidillion this time, so was disabling it before Eau Rouge. And then after Rivage on lap 4 or 5 can't remember which I seemed to open the DRS something I've not been doing in race sessions, and I pressed to close it and surprise surprise it didn't close. So I went into the wall backwards and received 20-30 rear aero damage.

So I pitted early in the hope to play the long game and catch people back up. Luckily as I caught people they seemed to make their pitstops, so didn't lose much time following people. When James made his stop from the lead I was 10 seconds behind, and I had no chance of catching this back up. With 4 laps to go my rear snapped at the corner after Rivage and went straight for the bollards on the apex, so I received 13 front aero and 5 suspension damage, I just kept what pace I could to keep P2.

So well done @Jamesl91 and @Determined Hangman for the wins!

Thanks Jakeyy, wish I could've battled you in the second race, but sometimes you get caught in a collision and thanks to Project Cars 2 collision physics I was almost knocked out. I am looking forward to the next two races. #comebackaftertwodnfs

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
And one other thing to say is thanks to @Jonno & @Stokemon for your commentary for this race.

Hope for more of you two for the remaining races!

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Jonno , @Stokemon and racers, the Split 2 stream is very entertaining. Incident a second! Seems like a lot of fun! And you get the odd scenery shot every now and then. ;) Great stuff guys! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

@Jonno, did you set your graphics lower for VR? Wondering if it's possible to increase quality when commentating?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Jonno , @Stokemon and racers, the Split 2 stream is very entertaining. Incident a second! Seems like a lot of fun! And you get the odd scenery shot every now and then. ;) Great stuff guys! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

@Jonno, did you set your graphics lower for VR? Wondering if it's possible to increase quality when commentating?
Ahhh that could be the reason i never thought of that lol ill check for next time.. It wasnt too bad tho was it..

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ahhh that could be the reason i never thought of that lol ill check for next time.. It wasnt too bad tho was it..

I thought the game had different graphics config files for VR and non VR. So wouldn't have thought it would be that.

It wasn't bad quality, just the white markings at either side of the track disappeared half way down the track from what I could tell.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I thought the game had different graphics config files for VR and non VR. So wouldn't have thought it would be that.

It wasn't bad quality, just the white markings at either side of the track disappeared half way down the track from what I could tell.

I don't have VR, so I don't have a clue. You'd see the weird lines every now and then, and maybe youtube compression is to blame as well, but mostly the racing and commentary is more than enough entertainment.
Again, good stuff. Great stuff. You made a great team.

Edit : Looks mostly the same in Split 1 stream.

Last edited:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
The sprint race was my best race ever! Qualifying 10th, finishing 6th! Finally all the hours of hard work seem to start to pay off.
I could have finished higher if I wouldn't have had aero damage as a result of trying to avoid an unfortunate spinning @Mearcat
in turn 9. At 18:22 Mearcat spun in front of me and in my attempt trying to avoid him, I hit the cones at the inside of the corner, causing 8% aero damage. I made the decision not to pit and make it to the finish with my damaged car. Must say that with VR it is much easier to adapt your driving style to a different responding car.
Race 2 went bad, I had 2 opportunities for a quali lap, 1st try I was quite fast but I had too much traffic, second try I crashed... starting last on the grid. Damaged my car at pit entrance... so had to pit twice... got too much sweat in my VR glasses... trying to wipe it away I crashed into the wall :banghead:... pitted again... driving home to last position...

@Darksi , I will be on holiday so will miss the last 2 races.

Wish you all all the best for the last 2 races, and especially for my team mate @Dama_The_Crow , show what you are capable of and win those last 2 races for the team mate! :D

Reactions: Tom

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Following my disappointing retirement in Round 4s feature race(i blame the pit crew), i was hoping to make to have an error free set of races. I had limited time for practice having been away from Thursday-Monday afternoon.

Practice
Car felt nice to drive and needed a bit of setup work to stabilise the rear but due to lack of practice i hadn't managed to go under the 2 minute mark.

Quali 1
Qualifying went surprisingly well, I had no chance of beating @Determined Hangman but @xImJakeyy was a little closer, my first lap was good enough for P3 so i thought i would try again as there was some more time in the car. My final lap in qualifying started off well having found 3ths in the first sector(turn 1) this is where the lap started to fade away, my usual Qualifying trait wasn't possible this week, i crossed the line a few hundredths down on my best lap.

Sprint race
Well..... need i say more? :D I had a good start and almost took @xImJakeyy into turn 1 but he had a far better exit, we were both surprisingly close to @Determined Hangman heading towards Les Combes, i missed my braking point and ended up spinning onto the grass(@Jonno @Stokemon for your info, i had no damage). Once all the cars had passed i rejoined and started to make my way through the pack, some cars either pitted or crashed in front which helped but some were i had to be a bit crafty in my overtaking. Lap 6 started with half an overtake on @SP1KEGRW into the first corner, we were side by side heading to Eau Rouge where i had to lift off and decided to wait until Les Combes before i made my move, this was a super late overtake which worked out nicely (Video below shows the from Turn 1)

Once i dispatched @SP1KEGRW i continued to catch the cars in front until @Eugene Gajkin spun in front and not having time to react i hit him and ended up in the pits for repairs, the car felt awful after the pits as the strategy was only set to repair Aero, I finished the race 1 lap down having left @Determined Hangman pass after the Bus Stop to save myself from another lap.

Quali 2
After a disastrous first race i decided to try the setup from my split 1 teammates which having only 1 lap to make it work, i under steered off the track and went back to my main setup, I crossed the line with less than 45s of quali remaining for my 1 and only lap which was good enough for P4.

Feature race
This was more like it....Having avoided the issues at the start, i found myself in P3 with @xImJakeyy pulling away i knew i had to get passed @Eugene Gajkin quickly to have any chance of catching Jakey. At the start of S3 Eugene made a mistake and ended up in the gravel allowing me to work about catching Jakey, This was quite tough as we were roughly doing the same lap times, Sadly after 3-4 laps Jakey spun in the middle sector handing me the lead of the race, I was actually disappointed as i was really looking forward to a close fight, at this point my mentality changed, it was more about not loosing the lead, I started to build the gap to the cars behind, while not making mistakes or hitting the Kerbs. I found a comfortable pace which i consistently did for 10 or so laps, just stretching the gap a little. Once i made my pit stop i saw @xImJakeyy was only 10s behind and closing a little, i had enough pace in hand to hold onto the lead until the end.

Finally @Jonno and @Stokemon you both did an awesome job with the commentary, was really good to watch!!

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Tutorial how to throw away a possible podium position part one and two:

Opening Race:

Feature Race:

Sorry for waiting this long, but I'm still kicking myself for it.

Determined Hangman

Community Member
Reaction score
This is true lol

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Tutorial how to throw away a possible podium position part one and two:

Opening Race:

Feature Race:

Sorry for waiting this long, but I'm still kicking myself for it.
Unlucky dude, especially in the feature race you were closing, we could have a good fight, even a 3way fight for the lead if Jakey hadnt lost it too :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread