Split 2 - R4: Watkins Glen - 2nd April 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was fun :)

Qualifying was my highlight though. As I slipped to 3rd I turned all of the hud off for the first time ever and went for it to get the perfect lap to take pole. After @xImJakeyy lost out to @Dama_The_Crow in turn 2 it was a matter of consistent laps, pretty dull to watch I bet but job done! :)

Onto the next one :-D

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well what a race, to say I wasn't looking forward to it with around 1 hours practice.

To qualify P2 and finish P2 was a massive result.

Had 10 FL Suspension damage and 9 Front Aero for like 40 mins, and managed to keep a consistent pace.

I probably should have been more aggressive on T1 with @Stokemon, but decided to take it easy, and lost out to @Dama_The_Crow.

Then ended up spinning after around 10 mins following Dama through the bus stop.

But was great.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well what a race, to say I wasn't looking forward to it with around 1 hours practice.

To qualify P2 and finish P2 was a massive result.

Had 10 FL Suspension damage and 9 Front Aero for like 40 mins, and managed to keep a consistent pace.

I probably should have been more aggressive on T1 with @Stokemon, but decided to take it easy, and lost out to @Dama_The_Crow.

But was great.
hmm - I had that same level of damage from a silly spin. Maybe I should have stayed out on it...

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
hmm - I had that same level of damage from a silly spin. Maybe I should have stayed out on it...

Ye mine was from a silly spin, my car was just slightly pulling to the left. So I got away with it.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Well... not much to write about last night race. Mostly driving alone after loosing contact with @Stokemon because of first corner spin somewhere around 15 min of race.

After that, got some aero damage and loose of concentration, and struggled to keep car stable during next few laps. I thought about do I need to repair damage or not....

Went to pits in 20 min untill the end. Repair the damage. Go out 3rd - behind Jacko P who wasnt pitting, and in front of @xImJakeyy

Then 9 min before the end, I again spinned in first corner. I was too fast on the entry of corner, and back just got out - got some damage (stupidly because got damage after trying to rotate car on the track what was impossible due to traction control xD ). Jackey passed by and until the end nothing changed. 3rd place.

Here is POV, but not that much interesting:

Last edited:

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
The race was gr8!! Would have probably been my best race since joining RSR.

Qualified in 18th place (Starting at back tends to be less troublesome on the Glen for me). Kept the car on the track and incident free throughout the race (Very rare for me!! lol). Race pace was good between 1:44 and 1:46 per lap. Had worked my way up to 4th place with 7 or so minutes remaining and entered the pits. Could see a car in the Pit box where the Pit crew where. After overshooting I reversed back into the pit box and my game crashed on me!! Luckily the mic was muted as the language that came out was ....... (Need I say more).

On a plus I was happy with my race before the crash and hope to keep racing like I did.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well my race was a very mixed bag again. From the euphoria of last week back to the reality of why I'm marked as AM for this season. The evening started well. I had been very uncertain of my pace during my practice, so achieving 4th on the grid was really more than I was expecting.

The race started well, with a clean getaway and pulling away from P5/gaining on P4 without too much risk. @xImJakeyy seemed to be a little nervous on the first few corners, and I was lucky enough to capitalise when he went wide one too many times. Pulling away I was very content to sit in 3rd and hopefully not make another pass all night.

Sadly my consistency got the better of me, and I had a silly spin in the heel, with no one around me. I managed to hit the wall and took some suspension damage. I raced on for one lap before realising that I was being caught. I decided to have a very early pit stop, which I'm not entirely certain was the right call (though I crashed at Monza in part due to a damaged car). With the car repaired I was out on circuit again and happily making up places as people started to pit. I happily made my way up to 12th with more people ahead of me almost certainly needing to pit.

Sadly the second incident was a little more terminal. @Shepard has already linked it above, but here is my footage. There looks like there is more reaction time in the replay than there was in reality. Suffice to say I had thought I was clear to stay right and speed through. When the car near-teleported across to the right hand side I was only able to get the car part way to the middle before hitting him. With full 20-20 hindsight I probably could have got the car stopped if I'd started full braking from the moment he was aimed to the barrier, but that moment where it was unclear the car was lost was more than I had available to react.

I limped back to the pits for a second time with even worse suspension and aero damage than first time. The crew must hate me. Coming out again with 30 mins still remaining I managed to fight my way back up to a creditable 9th before I ran out of time to chase down the remaining cars.

At the beginning of the season if you'd told me I would be able to get 9th in a race I would have been very happy, so I guess I still am. I am still significantly exceeding the goals I set for the season. I can't help but wonder how it would have turned out if I had not had that silly spin early on though...

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
I managed to hit the wall and took some suspension damage. I raced on for one lap before realising that I was being caught.

That was me chasing you after your crash. And honestly, you were still pretty dang quick!
After the opening laps, I found myself alone with a gap of a few seconds to the cars behind me and ahead of me. I had settled into a pretty lonely rhythm and was just enjoying the race at a comfortable pace. But then, I came around the bend and saw you recovering from your crash. I thought, "Oh man! Here's a chance to make a real racing pass on one of these wicked-fast Fords! Albeit a wounded one."
So I went all out, balls to the wall, and pushed my fat Aston Martin as hard as I could. Yeah, I might've gained a couple of tenths on you over the course of a lap, but you were still clearly faster than me in some parts of the track. It would've been very challenging for me to get past you; it was all I could do just to catch you.
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, you weren't as slow as it might have seemed at the time.
And I wanted to thank you for a very clear call-out over Teamspeak when you decided to go into the pits. Plus, you pulled over to the far right of the track and stayed within the pit-entry white line the entire time, giving me more than enough room to get around you on the final corner.

Chin up, @UnstopaPaul. You're a great driver. Your second win will come sooner than you think, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread