Split 2 - R4: Catalunya - 20th August 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I still don't have microphone because I bought AudioTechnica m40x headphones that have specific cable connector so when vmod mic came from ebay it wouldnt fit tight so cable dropped out all the time, so I have ordered from amazon antlion modmic v4 and waiting for delivery.

And since I switched to new graphic card 1080 ti, I noticed that when I go to online server, Oculus software or game crashes and I thought that with game repair in steam it would be fixed, but just before qually of race 1, it all crash again, so I somehow managed to drive after restart of comp, and could't record the game because on my monitor was black screen (Oculus worked and I was afraid to take it of during both races.... don't touch it don't take any breathe just to all work until race was over xD)

After race 2 I think I fixed that with Oculus sofware reistall.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Guys once again sorry for not being able to stream. Sounds like it was an eventful race. I am deffo free for spa so i shall be back once again guys gutted i couldnt give you all the coverage you deserve.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Guys once again sorry for not being able to stream. Sounds like it was an eventful race. I am deffo free for spa so i shall be back once again guys gutted i couldnt give you all the coverage you deserve.
shame on you Jonno!

dont worry about it dude, no big issue, shame u couldnt make it but Spa in 6days should be even more eventful! drs through Eau Rouge?!! :D

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So my event run down goes as follows.

Going into Quali 1 I was looking to be one of the fastest out on the track, but I just couldn't piece it together for the ultimate lap, and was a fair bit slower than @Jamesl91 fastest lap.

Going into Race 1 I just wanted to stick with James, and capitalise if an issue or error arose.
I had an average start and held P2 until Lap 4 or 5 when my DRS decided it wanted to sabotage my race and stay open through T9. I dropped to 3rd with this behind Dama.

And then on the next lap the error from James I was waiting for happened at T1, only I was too far behind to capitalise from it now :(

I just stuck behind Dama for P3 for the remainder of the race, who looked to struggle with tyres on the last lap, as I was gaining on the corners, but the straights he just pulled away.

Going into Quali 2 I knew where I had to improve, but so did James I think. I set an ok first lap, but returned to pits as I was in the traffic. And left for a clean set of 2 laps, and boy did it work.... Just not enough.

My 1st of these flying laps put me 2 hundredth behind James' time. And then after split 1 I was .200 up on my fastest, then split 2 .250 up. And seeing James so far hadn't set another faster time I was thinking this was it. Then I ballsed up in S3 and went too slow somewhere and lost the time I had gained. Either way two P2's at the starts isn't bad going. And with it being so close between me and James it looked to be a cracker of a race.

Now my Race 2 start was ok but not great, @benimi had an absolute beauty of a start. I had no idea he was along side me so much until he threw his car in front of mine, with James having to move from the right to the left with the way the track narrows in. So now I was just thinking hold position and maybe get Benimi during the pit stops, but after so many laps of following him closely I didn't realise how bad the Dirty Air can become, so some corners I was running wide and just making simple mistakes.

I ended up spinning at the T7-T8 chicane, and gaining a bit of rear end damage on Lap 11 or 12 can't remember, so I decided to pit and do my stop now.

Came out in P7, and was flying again as I was in clear air setting the fastest lap of the race. And then Benimi and James made there pit stops, so I could judge the gap, and I knew I had no chance. But then James accidentally enabled the Switch Driver option (Why the hell is that even a thing when the function does nothing but enables the slowest AI driver ever), so unfortunately James had to retire. Now I would be lying if I said I didn't have a little smirk as I could gain points on him here.

And then on the next lap at T2 my race ended.... the car snapped like it never has before. Maybe I was pushing more as I wanted to get a better result, but unfortunately the damage was too much and I just retired.

But I think I walked away with the fastest lap in race 2, so that's a bonus.

Onwards to Spa!

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well my evening started off well....

Quali 1
The First qualifying started off well. I went out later then everyone else due to a late "pitstop" so see me through the race. My first lap i locked up at the end of the back straight, went deep into the corner and lost a tonne of time, I still completed the lap so i at least had a time on the board. to my surprises i still set a time good enough for P3. I returned to the pits and went again. i kept out of the way of the traffic while i found a clear space on track. Once i started my final lap in Q1 i really found the laptime crossing the line with a 1:27.1 to my surprise(in practice i hadnt gone below a 27.5 in quali sim) i really wasnt expecting to find that time. I did figure out some of the reason where the time came from.

Sprint race
The sprint race went well, i got a good start and set about building a gap to the cars behind. by mid race i had a 7s gap which on lap 8 instantly vanished when i lost the rear at turn 1, spinning onto the grass, by the time i had recovered @Dama_The_Crow and @xImJakeyy had closed to with in 2s, i set about building a gap but this time with a little less aggression. overall it was a good start to the evening.

Quali 2
The 2nd quali session i took the knowledge from Q1 which was a slower out lap with slightly cool tires really helped. my out laps were slow while keeping out of the way and had very little warming up of the tires until the last sector where i would generate some heat. i would start the lap out of the final chicane where i would really launch the lap with DRS wide open all the way until turn 1. i got a good first lap in which out me top once more but in the last few minute Jakey closed to within 0.02s and did not return to the pits so was no doubt going even faster. that being said, i too was on a faster lap having found 3ths in the first sector only to lose the car at turn 5.

Feature race
this time the start was a little worse, the initial start was ok but a late up shift caused the pack to close and almost take the lead. I knew i had to hold the inside line to at least try and hold my position, as we approached turn 1 the track narrowed slightly meaning i had to move across on @benimi who by this time had pretty much taken the lead. i wasn't giving up that easily so just out braked everyone into turn 1 and left enough space to avoid any accidents. while everyone was fighting for position on the first lap i used that to my advantage and build a small gap, i was planning on extending the lead but also wanted to look after the car. Lap 11/12 was the start of my downfall, i still had the small-ish gap to the cars behind and to make sure they didn't over/undercut i did some quali laps. I got a bit carried away and as i approached Sector 3 on lap 13 the game told me i needed to pit, i looked down to see i had less than 4L of fuel, i went through sector 3 quite slow as i was trying to reduce the fuel added at the stop, I must have selected driver swap by mistake as i exited the pits with no controls. to my Horror the AI were driving the car, Not racing....just driving, the AI were stupidly slow doing what felt like 10mph through the corners and just turning in when it felt like it. At the time i warned @benimi i was not in control(as i wanted to try and fix it but couldn't do another stop) At turn 5, I knew Jakey was coming and didn't want to compromise his race so i decided it was safer to retire. It was a shame the race ended like this but.... thats how it is.

Overall It was good to be back racing with you all. I was sad to see the crazy starts back in Laguna Seca but pleased to see the sensible starts make a return. lets keep it up! Good job everyone :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Jamesl91 you absolute twonk lol swapping drivers lol

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I just stuck behind Dama for P3 for the remainder of the race, who looked to struggle with tyres on the last lap, as I was gaining on the corners, but the straights he just pulled away.

No, my tyres were OK, I was the one to struggle with :)

I just dropped out of rhythm and small mistakes came out, so that was it :)

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Onufmi

Community Member
Reaction score
My skill was not good after the break. Next race would be better hopefully.
I am so sorry to @Henri for damaging his rear wing.. Twice in one race :(

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
Well, your off-track excursion, at the 26 second mark of the video, was a result of Rargon hitting you in the rear. That wasn't your fault.
At least, that's how it looked to me.

My skill was not good after the break. Next race would be better hopefully.
I am so sorry to @Henri for damaging his rear wing.. Twice in one race :(

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Considering the fact that, I only arrived home from a week long holiday like 4 hours before the briefing started, I shouldn't be too disappointed with my results, but here I am...

Quali 1:
I had 2 potential quali setups ready, one which is theoretically faster, but more unstable. I chose this one for this quali, and I pretty much screwed up my chances with not getting a clean lap in.

Opening race:
The race went well, I got up to 4th from starting 9th, and my pace was good enough. I think I got out the max I could have after the bad quali.
POV:

Quali 2:
Used the other set-up, ended up on 3rd. On my fastest lap, I left a lot of time in Sector 3 sadly.

Feature race:
The best start I think I ever got, I don't even know how.
@xImJakeyy I'm not going to lie, I was trying to hold you up a bit, to get my teammate into an overtaking position during the first stint, after I saw that @Jamesl91 was faster than me.
The race went well until the pitstop, but after it, my grip level wasn't the same as before, I dodn't have this problem before, but I know now, that I have to look into this from now on as well.
After James hickup with the auto pilot, I was in the lead, and I was pushing to stay there, but my tires didn't cooporated with me. And then we got to an agreement, and I ended up in the wall.
POV:

Summary:
So many wasted points again. And even with me being tired to start with, the chances were looking good, and I couldn't deliver again... Also, one more thing on my practice to-do list.
I need to drop so many more points at the end of the season as it looks like right now, then the guys around me in the standings. This is going to be thought second half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread