Split 2 - R4: Bathurst - 12th Jun 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm going to be unable to attend. The school I work at is being inspected tomorrow and Wednesday and I've got stuff to prepare.

Gutted as I was looking forward to it. I'll be back for brans and spa :)

Freak Superman

Community Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to bail on this one. Haven't been able to give the track (which I don't know well) any practice at all because I was at me Mum's for the last three days, and the track's a tight one, and I will accidentally end people's races, I'm sure. Don't want to risk it.
I need you teammate. Without you in this race. We not WARBEARD!

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot. This really wasn't supposed to be a 'hey everyone, look! I'm leaving!'-kinda post. But I can't let Freak Superman down now, can I?

Will give it a whizz, see how I get on with the new setup.

Freak Superman

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot. This really wasn't supposed to be a 'hey everyone, look! I'm leaving!'-kinda post. But I can't let Freak Superman down now, can I?

Will give it a whizz, see how I get on with the new setup.
You going do better then me. This is my worst track in history.

Freak Superman

Community Member
Reaction score
I be streaming my side of the race over on Mixer. I will post a video after the race is done.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good luck everyone. Still gutted I have to sit writing lesson plans, marking books and looking at data instead of racing.

I think we should do a one off here after the season so I can get a taste of it! :p

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey there I am still at work I do not know if I will make the race in time. I will try and get finished but it looks doubtful I will.

SneakyPanda

Community Member
Reaction score
another DNS this time a system crash was gutted because I was doing well battling with Vince and zevme for a good few laps, :(

Let me know if anyone puts vids up

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Engine blown. On my penultimate lap. Gutted. Was on for 11th.

Last edited:

Vince

Community Member
Reaction score
another DNS this time a system crash was gutted because I was doing well battling with Vince and zevme for a good few laps, :(

Let me know if anyone puts vids up

yeah, the battles were cool indeed. sorry about your crash mate..

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Had the pace to get a top 10 but crash too much XD
and sorry to @Nevil if I ran into you when overtaking:(

Nevil

Community Member
Reaction score
No worries, I didn't expected you to pass us both, epic move ;)

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well I suprised myself there, qualifying in 4th position, to be bumped up to 3rd on the parade lap, but unfortunately, spin at the s's coming down the hill, and with the field bunched up all I could do was let everyone pass me, completed the mandatory lap and came in on the next to repair the damage. At that point it was pedal down, head down, and get the clean laps in to catch the field. Some really good racing tonight very clean considering the track (in my eyes) and managed to fight back to 13th coming down the hill, getting the speed out of the 2nd but last corner managed to pass 12th and get the line into the final corner and accross the line.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
There's no better than cold beer after the race, I am alive again.

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That went better than the last one. I think a bit of training helped (surprise). I was not fast, but had a solid setup I could drive almost the whole race without spinning. In the middle of the race my daughter suddenly showed up and this distracted me a little. So I crashed while driving in the pits :D . OK, would have been worse after pitting.
Then I found my concentration again and could finish the race. Only in the last lap i spun after the chase and almost ruined the victory for my Teammate @The Wayfaerer . I'm glad nothing worse happened. So I'm very happy with P7 - and an almost clean race.
Thanks, great racing and fun!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow what a great race quali saw me p5 suprisingly (no offence) behind @Darksi great quali btw mate..

On the warm up lap we unfortunately lost @steveg200 (really bad luck mate).. That put me 4th before the race started.....
The flag was dropped and away we went. I successfully negotiated @Darksi for 3rd. Thats were i stayed until lap 10 i think were i was coming up to take the last corner and spun out i had no choice but to clear the track so i kind of hoped in to the pits as it was the best option.(knowing @Ashnoom. And @SlowBloke were approaching fast) i took my pit and came out near the back.
I put the peddle to the metal and picked off everyone as they all pitted..i was up to 5th and thought im well happy here. Approaching the final turning i saw that p4(@SlowBloke ) was still in the pits..
p4 i was ok hearing ash had not pitted i gunned it to try and leapfrog him but to no prevale he came out as i hit the last corner. I tried to close but ash just managed that gap too well i finished p4. Fantastic result for me.. Still looking for that elusive podium..

Also id like to say a massive welldone to all the lapped drivers you were great tonight. Lets keep it like that.. Well done guys..

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Exciting race last night. Great battles with Wayfearer in first part of the race (video in Split 2 video thread). Everything went smoothly and as it is planned until lap 20 and mountain top. I catch up (overlap) with Zevme and totally miscalculated his speed and when I tried to avoid hitting him, I lost control of the car and hit the wall. After that, aero and suspension damage was too high, so 16 secs advantage in front Wayfaerer melted down like an ice cream in Australia in December at noon. Second time in this Cup that I lost first place in last few laps. :(

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
@Jonno - well done mate I really was not expecting that I would get jumped in the pits grrr.

@Ashnoom - I remember your pace at Bathurst from previous races so knew if you caught me up I was not going to slow us both down. I had every intention of not hitting the boost once we got on the straight but ofcourse I look to see how close you are and just slipped onto the grass and was pulled wide argh....

I stuck to 1-2 DF as it just made the car much more stable in the fast corners. A big problem though in qualifying I changed my top gear too high as for some reason I was topping out where I was not offline. I ended up qualifying just under 2 min mark - where my testing was 1.56.4 - 1.57.5 ish range.

However only noticed in the race the car would not pull any higher without boost meaning I never got to my expected top speed of 292 but rarely got above 280ish - that cost me a fair bit of time over the race. Stupid move as I was happy with the set up before.

Still apart from a few scary moments with cars littered around the track at various times and a stressed back marker shutting down with 2 people passing that left us both parked for a few seconds it was a good race (not criticising - Ive been there plenty and its hard to keep your composure under those circumstances especically when your trying like hell to also keep the car on the road).

Although I love the track - its not a place I like close fights to be honest - so did not put up a fight when a faster guy was behind me.

3rd p5 in a row - very happy with that :)

The duration of these races are much more to my liking than the 1.5 to 2.5 hour stuff !

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread