Split 2 - R3: Sakitto - 13th Feb 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
3 - Sakitto National.png

Car:
BAC Mono
Track: Sakitto National
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 13th February 2017
18:30 UTC - Optional Practice - 60 minutes
19:30 UTC - Driver Briefing - 15 minutes
19:45 UTC - Qualifying - 15 minutes
20:00 UTC - Race - 1+35 Laps

Ingame Date: 13th August 2017
Ingame Time: 16:00
Time Progression: 1x
Weather Conditions: Light Rain
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the lead car will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the red marker maintaining our 50mph / 80kph speed. Odd numbers will be on the left side and even numbers on the right side.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@Battenberg
@SirHunterOne
@Invincible
@Jorodabull
@Thomas Sikora
@TheDoctor46
@Alex du Plessis

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So, been playing around & did this...
I then stupidly played around in the settings to reduce the rear trying to overtake the front when I lift off the brake & haven't even gotten close to that time since -_-
Back to defaults ahaha, really want vibration back on my controller, trying to listen for the tyres locking in the rain is proving difficult.
Any idea's/ tips will be gratefully received!
upload_2017-2-1_16-46-17.png

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Setups for the wet would definitely be gratefully received !

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
so, managed to get a reasonably stable car again, down to 1.12.2 but get too much understeer in the slow/mid speed corners for my liking, either car balance or more likely my inability to progressively apply the throttle, definitely me :banghead:
more practise I'll probably be able to take another second off that, be able to do it quicker once I can get the car dialled in.
For now, a summary of my settings; Brake pressure was 92% with a 72% front bias
myeah.jpg

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much Fubii - will give it a go later :)

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
so, managed to get a reasonably stable car again, down to 1.12.2 but get too much understeer in the slow/mid speed corners for my liking, either car balance or more likely my inability to progressively apply the throttle, definitely me :banghead:
more practise I'll probably be able to take another second off that, be able to do it quicker once I can get the car dialled in.
For now, a summary of my settings; Brake pressure was 92% with a 72% front bias
I'm no setup expert at all, but the rebound values seem out of whack, when you look at a baseline setup. Both front and rear should be in the 6,000's. Certainly the high front setting is likely the cause of the understeer.

Also try reducing the rear ARB, although that may introduce some more body roll. Just make one change at a time tho...

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Use the rebound to control/ limit the oversteer with minimal corrective steering input by me, will try bringing them closer when I finish work.

Thank you very much Fubii - will give it a go later :)
Let me know how you get on!
I'll keep at it but now I have a semi decent baseline, I doubt the setup will change all that much

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Finally dipped into the 1.11's, best so far is 1.11.6 although there is more in it if I hadn't spun the wheels on the final corner.
Increased brake pressure to 93%, Accel lock is 18%, decel 22%.
Quite happy with how the car handles just now but likely to change tyre pressures as I keep testing. :cigar:
How is everyone else getting on? Or are you all keeping it quiet? :playful:
upload_2017-2-5_15-55-27.png

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
How is everyone else getting on? Or are you all keeping it quiet? :playful:
Although I'm not in your split, there are a few things I learnt that got me into the 1:09s. It's wet, so go soft, really soft on the springs, especially the rear. It's wet so go lower on the accel lock so you can tame the wheelspin, ~8-12. You'll need to reduce the dampers a touch if you go softer on the springs tho. ARBs I dropped too, to make the car more compliant and hunt for grip. I went higher on the decel, so I could keep the rear under braking, but that's more of a style thing.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yeah I went softer all round & dropped the accel to 14%, managed to get 1.10.8 but my consistency is non existent with most forms of wheelspin hurting me severely, ultimately spinning.
Plenty of time for practise though ;)

Berserker

Community Member
Reaction score
@FuBii your 'wet' setup really helped :D

I have problems on Turn 2. I brake well before the beginning of the turn, i go nowhere near the throttle, i use only the momentum to get around the turn, but yet, i spin almost every lap. I couldn't sort out what is making my car do this. Suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks :)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Try these things separately;
Increase decel lock
Soften the rear springs
Other than this I can only really suggest trying a different line, I know there's a big bump that can unsettle the car but it shouldn't cause you to spin.
I'll probably create a practise session soon, had to re-install the game as it kept crashing the pc every time I tried playing

Berserker

Community Member
Reaction score
Increase decel lock
Soften the rear springs
Other than this I can only really suggest trying a different line, I know there's a big bump that can unsettle the car but it shouldn't cause you to spin.
I'll probably create a practise session soon, had to re-install the game as it kept crashing the pc every time I tried playing
Will try it out. Thanks man. I'll add you on Steam, so that i can join!

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Increase decel lock
Soften the rear springs

I think you need to harden rear springs if you want stop car oversteering while in corner. Also stiffer front ARB helps rear from sliding mid corner.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I think you need to harden rear springs if you want stop car oversteering while in corner. Also stiffer front ARB helps rear from sliding mid corner.

Wouldn't harder rear springs induce oversteer instead of reducing it?
You could harden the front springs to gain a bit more understeer and / or soften rear spring to reduce oversteer, imo.

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't harder rear springs induce oversteer instead of reducing it?
You could harden the front springs to gain a bit more understeer and / or soften rear spring to reduce oversteer, imo.

Well, you brake HARD in to 2nd corner, which means, your center of gravity shifts to front (if you use softer rear). But if you harden your rear, center of gravity does not shift that much. Also it helps to apply a little bit of gas while turning in, which also shifts center of gravity to the rear (but you need harder front or you will understeer in to that corner).

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Well, you brake HARD in to 2nd corner, which means, your center of gravity shifts to front (if you use softer rear). But if you harden your rear, center of gravity does not shift that much. Also it helps to apply a little bit of gas while turning in, which also shifts center of gravity to the rear (but you need harder front or you will understeer in to that corner).

But if you un-load the rear, the rear springs do nothing to maintain the CoG. On the other hand, the rear springs in their nature will try to actively push the load to the front.

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
But if you un-load the rear, the rear springs do nothing to maintain the CoG. On the other hand, the rear springs in their nature will try to actively push the load to the front.

Totally confused that with dampers... sorry, my fault... Harder rear rebound dampers should help with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread