Split 2 - R3: Laguna Seca - 6th August 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In race 1, I didn't found them twitchy. And I'm if my wheel hadn't acted so weird, race 2 would've been better too. Practice is advised, but at the current temperatures, I only get behind the wheel when I absolutely have to. The other option would be to skip all the races because it is too hot to practice.
Wasn’t aiming that at you dude, just overall to split2.

I completely understand the hot weather(being British, the hot weather is weird for us :D)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
He did indeed, p2

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah @Darksi probbly would of won if it wasnt for commentators curse lol...

Seriously tho you all need user names that are bloody easy to pronounce lol..

SP1KEGRW

Community Member
Reaction score
i had really good blast last night i really enjoyed it, having done limited testing for this race i find a stable setup that worked for me, for Qualifing 1 i managed a desent time that put me in P11, As we started the sprint race i boged down getting off the line heading up to turn 1 there was a huge crash and i got throught with no damage and i was in P7 after lap 1 after doing a few laps and getting comfitable with the car i was in P5 with a few car going off and i was able to capitalise on their mistakes i made my way to P4 after @Darksi got damage on lap 10, @Invincible pass me on Lap 12 for P4 and then i spent the rest on the race on my own until the end of the sprint race just in front of my team @Mearcat in P10

P5 GET IN what a result

For the Feature Race it was the same as the first for Quilifying 2 i got desent time i started in the lower half of the split, i had a better start off the line this time round starting from P13 i got P7 after the first few laps and i was pushing hard trying to keep in contact with the leaders and on lap 5 i was passing @Eugene Gajkin on right and trying to keep it clean i had @Henri on my left and i got cliped and i spun off i was lucky that i didn't get any damage from it and i droped to P10, i did have a three lap battle with @Freak Superman and eventally i got passed him on lap 12, i had to make a double pitstop as i didn't put any fuel in first time round (my bad lol) the rest of the was uneventful and i finished P10 just behind my team mate @Mearcat in P4

it was just a great night of racing I'm hoping to have a good result next time out

Last edited:

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah @Darksi probbly would of won if it wasnt for commentators curse lol...

Yep and with you admitting after the second race you kept cursing me. I don't want you watching me race again :D

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Suppose I should do a race report o_O
With next to no lap time in the car for this particular track, it was an extreme uphill battle. I could only make the tyres work for about 3/4 laps then the car just became too twitchy for me to safely control. Some of the kerbs were brutal for my particular line around laguna causing me to lock or spin more frequently than not. Still, at least I figured the fuel rate out for the first time this season... No more lugging around the full 110l of go juice :joyful:
First qualifying went as well as could be expected though to find myself almost 5s off the pace was a system shock. :eek:
The game then saved me the embarrassment of the sprint race by dropping me off the server as we switched to the race... I was able to quickly rejoin but too little too late, stuck as a spectator. Good ol alt tab & joined @Jonnos stream, quite enjoyed it though that first corner incident was just nasty.
Watching the fight for p1, to me personally looked liked @Nada would take the win.

Qualy 2:woot:, rejoined & decided to max out the aero for the lols. Managed to find a good 1.4s over my last qualy but still waaaaaayyy off the leaders.
The race itself looked to be a good one as I managed to sneak & hang it out all the way on the outside of T1 & the inside of T2 which promoted me from p18 to p11. Then disaster:banghead:. @Invincible spun out in front of me, the small distraction meant I went slightly wide onto the kerb exiting T3 & did the exact same thing. Apologies for the extra damage. I did wait for you to rejoin & set off. Dawdling round to the pit I found quite a few other cars in so thought I could manage to at least drag myself towards the top 10. Nope. Twice I spun into the barrier on the fast left going up the hill hitting the wall in the same place, I did spin a third time but managed to avoid breaking the bodywork. I have to give heartfelt apologies to @Henri ,trying to unlap myself on the main straight on the inside, you came across forcing me into the pit lane which I really didn't want to enter. The small contact wrecked it all.
I think on lap 27 I dropped it on T3 & got some damage, heading back to the pit lane & caused more damage. Retired as I didn't want to ruin anyone else's race because I couldn't find time to get some practice in :(.

Good to have Split 2 streamed for a change.
Massive congrats to @Darksi on his podium, should've been a double podium though :rolleyes:

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So, my performance from the 1 round took a 180.
The first round, I was off pace but I was able to get the best out of it.
Now, I might have been the fastest on track for both races, and I wasn't able to capitalize on my pace at all, with 2 disappointing results.

So, here is part one and two to how to throw a race away:

With messing up both Brno and Laguna Seca, I think I will need to perform on a different level, if I still want to do somewhat good in the championship.

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@SP1KEGRW, sorry, I thought there was enough space left for You

Henri

Community Member
Reaction score
@FuBii You are forgiven; my race was already wrecked when xImJackeyy blocked my raceline going into turn 1 running 5th. I found the move questionable, but probably a heat of the moment thing. I had just patched myself up (I thougth - all's not lost, just an early pit) when Freaksuperman spun in front of me in turn 1, whom I couldn't avoid (loosing my front wing). I had just pitted again (taking on too much fuel - selected wrong pit strategy :() when you came along. I had to fix the car again and ended up taking fuel again :banghead:. With a 110L onboard the car handling was completely off, so naturally I managed to crash a fourth time (but at least that one was completely my own mistake). Ended 16th - worst race ever.

Last edited:

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My race was already wrecked when xImJackeyy blocked my raceline going into turn 1 running 5th. I found the move questionable, but probably a heat of the moment thing.

I'm sorry you found it questionable, but I went from behind you out of your sight and you still decide to go from the left side of the track to the right.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@FuBii You are forgiven; my race was already wrecked when xImJackeyy blocked my raceline going into turn 1 running 5th. I found the move questionable, but probably a heat of the moment thing. I had just patched myself up (I thougth - all's not lost, just an early pit) when Freaksuperman spun in front of me in turn 1, whom I couldn't avoid (loosing my front wing). I had just pitted again (taking on too much fuel - selected wrong pit strategy :() when you came along. I had to fix the car again and ended up taking fuel again :banghead:. With a 110L onboard the car handling was completely off, so naturally I managed to crash a fourth time (but at least that one was completely my own mistake). Ended 16th - worst race ever.

I'm sorry you found it questionable, but I went from behind you out of your sight and you still decide to go from the left side of the track to the right.

Please discuss anything further via pm. Thanks :)

SP1KEGRW

Community Member
Reaction score
@SP1KEGRW, sorry, I thought there was enough space left for You

It OK @Eugene Gajkin it wasn't you :D:D, I didn't see henry coming up fast on my left and we cliped each other and i ended up worst for it

but have a look at jonnos stream and u will see y time tag 1h 08m 40s

Last edited:

eagle

Community Member
Reaction score
It was cool and my first podium) Thank's)
Race 1

Race 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread