Split 2 - R3: Fuji - 6th November 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Also, I think @The Breeze, sorry for the formation lap. I don't think it was actually you who kept on trying to pass me/driving next to me, I'll have to review the footage of who it was. But my "relative" list told me that it was you, I think. Or I must have misread it in the heat of the moment.

But anyway, to the person doing that. It is a single file formation lap and you are supposed to stay behind the person in front of you. Don't overtake, don't go side by side and keep a safe distance. What happened here during the formation lap was unacceptable by any means.

I am however sorry for the shouting, I should have stayed more calm.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Also, I think @The Breeze, sorry for the formation lap. I don't think it was actually you who kept on trying to pass me/driving next to me, I'll have to review the footage of who it was. But my "relative" list told me that it was you, I think. Or I must have misread it in the heat of the moment.

But anyway, to the person doing that. It is a single file formation lap and you are supposed to stay behind the person in front of you. Don't overtake, don't go side by side and keep a safe distance. What happened here during the formation lap was unacceptable by any means.

I am however sorry for the shouting, I should have stayed more calm.

Apologies accepted :).... made me pretty nervous though... I was holding back...leaving a huge gap ....which is against the rules as well... waiting for someone to pass me... but I only had nr. 26 behind me :)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Fuji race my POV:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Dama, thank you for great race.
Take action if you want, this is just before the drag race to the finish
Thank you also....
It's not a problem that you did little cut of track, it happens. But it was awesome racing few laps in a row, some parallel driving as well. Nice awareness and care of opponent.

@Dama_The_Crow - nice battles at the start - I assume you were in your rift - seemed really nice spatial awareness between us - close stuff :)
Yes I was in a Rift... I can't imagine now to drive without it :)
Battling you was very nice experience and very immersive (you'll see it in a video in Video Split 2 section).

Anyway, I was bad.... Few days before the race I had some wierd problems with game, fps drops, and it is not nice in Rift. So I had practice of setting up a car and that was it... So last night, 5 minutes before the race I did repair of the game files and all was magically OK. So happy I set up in cockpit and did a couple of qualifying laps........ but time was no good.... qualified 18th.... :( I was so slow that I thought I was going back to past.
Then race started and few corners ahead in 1st lap I was 9th (??? don't know how???) . Then first great fight with @SlowBloke It was exciting.

Rest of the race went with my battle with the car, because after some 6-7 laps my car is so much understeering and when I looked in rearview mirror every time in corners I saw smoke from tyres. Anyone knows why that happened? I set my cold pressure to 1.4 all 4 tyres and in the race it was about 1.88 bars. temp was sometimes above 105 c.

In the end, and last couple laps was hard battle with @Jesper Ramsberg - nice one mate.

Video is here

Dazzaboy

Community Member
Reaction score
Started P24 finished 13th . I achieved my dual goals of not one spin at all and ruined nobody elses race as I never made contact with anybody . Job done .

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
The good thing… first time I made it to the finish and my team mate @Thomas Sikora made it to the podium (3rd)! Well done Thomas!

Unfortunately I noticed @Cluck ‘s video after the race… so I might have gone much faster….noticed that I downshift too much in some corners, losing too much speed.. had the same issue in Imola btw, so I will have to work on that.

My goals for this race were ‘not qualifying last’ and make it to the finish. I qualified in second last position and made it to the finish!

The bad thing is that I should have finished in a higher position. I moved up 1 place after the start, avoided the huge pile up in the second corner, and the one in the chicane…and within 5 minutes I was in 12th place! Trying to copy the race-line of a faster driver in the last corner…made me go wide and off track… not wanting to ruin anyone’s race I had 6 cars passing me before rejoining. Must say that I don’t see much of my surroundings on my 23.8 inch single screen. I will do some spin and rejoin exercises with a fully packed field and switching views to see how to improve this.

Close to halfway the thought came to mind that I didn’t check my pit strategy before the race…’damn, under which button do I find my pit strategy? can I change it during the race?”… and I crashed on the straight before the pit entry…. so I had to go in anyway…. later a car spun in front of me… trying to avoid a collision I crashed and had to pit again…. and ended the race cruising in a miserable 20th and last position.

For the next race:
- be calm, stay cool
- keep focused
- check pit strategy beforehand and sort out how to check/change pit strategy during race
- rejoin save but quick
- downshift less and keep pace
- finish somewhere midfield

The last one might be a difficult one….. but I’m getting better every day so you may never know what the next race will bring me.

Last edited:

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Another poor race for me. Got tapped in the long right hander on the first lap which due to the nature of the corner spun me round. Recovered really well, did some of my best driving for a long time by getting from 24th to 8th after my pitstop. Then a slight jump in the game sent me wide, touched a curb and I spun and hit a wall hard. Got to the pits but my mind was gone by then, couldn't get back in the zone, spun a few times before eventually hitting the wall again and blowing up the engine.

Missing the next one. But pleased with the improvement hopefully I can get better again, and maybe finish without spinning for the first time this season. Can't wait for a new car though!

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
The good thing… first time I made it to the finish and my team mate @Thomas Sikora made it to the podium (3rd)! Well done Thomas!

Unfortunately I noticed @Cluck ‘s video after the race… so I might have gone much faster….noticed that I downshift too much in some corners, losing too much speed.. had the same issue in Imola btw, so I will have to work on that.

My goals for this race were ‘not qualifying last’ and make it to the finish. I qualified in second last position and made it to the finish!

The bad thing is that I should have finished in a higher position. I moved up 1 place after the start, avoided the huge pile up in the second corner, and the one in the chicane…and within 5 minutes I was in 12th place! Trying to copy the race-line of a faster driver in the last corner…made me go wide and off track… not wanting to ruin anyone’s race I had 6 cars passing me before rejoining. Must say that I don’t see much of my surroundings on my 23.8 inch single screen. I will do some spin and rejoin exercises with a fully packed field and switching views to see how to improve this.

Close to halfway the thought came to mind that I didn’t check my pit strategy before the race…’damn, under which button do I find my pit strategy? can I change it during the race?”… and I crashed on the straight before the pit entry…. so I had to go in anyway…. later a car spun in front of me… trying to avoid a collision I crashed and had to pit again…. and ended the race cruising in a miserable 20th and last position.

For the next race:
- be calm, stay cool
- keep focused
- check pit strategy beforehand and sort out how to check/change pit strategy during race
- rejoin save but quick
- downshift less and keep pace
- finish somewhere midfield

The last one might be a difficult one….. but I’m getting better every day so you may never know what the next race will bring me.

Thanks!
but keep it chilled, i need 2 years to get in the midfield :wacky:
The key is practice practice practice and practice... i had many times 6 7 or 8hours training before an event. You will grow with it. Try to find the or your drivingline, you must drive blind the track, find your rhythm were you can drive relaxed, don't push to much! ( specialy in Pcars2, overpushing you will see negative very fast in the tire performance)
Constant hard brake, turn in late (late apex) with lower corner speed but accelerate earlier, use one gear higher in corner then you normaly did...e.g. in Fuji my lowest gear was the 3rd! then you will see after few races a big improvement in your results!
Check the videos that are posted after a race and compare it with your driving, there you can learn much!
And finally, don't fight for every position, keep cool, let someone pass if he is faster, focus only on your pace. Failure free race is the half rental. Specialy in the first corners at start, if you don't fight strongly, don't get contact you may loose 2 or 3 positions, but 4 or 5 corner later you will gain 4 or 5 because allways few guys get an incident :rolleyes:

ps...rejoin at racestart you can forget...most times you will join as last...so...keep cool at start and i will see you next time in the points ;)

pps...4hours practice before the race and i can promise you @ p <15 (with failure free race)

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
After watching the replay the other night i have to say some standards of driving in the opening lap was disgraceful and throughout the race the standard didnt get much better. Im not going to name call becouse thoes drivers know who they are. As a mod i feel it my duty to remind everyone taking part of the rules we have here at RSR please adheer to them and if there is anything you are unsure of then please ask a mod or an admin.

Loxias

Community Member
Reaction score
I want to sincerely apologize to @The_Duke_ZA and @Loxias. In L1 I totally misjudged my braking point in the traffic up to chicane. When I realized I won't make it although being on 100% brake, there was a car left of me and the only space was on the small green. I hoped the car would stop before going back on track again, but it didn't, I was a passenger there. So I bumped into @The_Duke_ZA which made him spin around and hit @Loxias. I am really sorry guys. I will report myself in the Stewards room later the day, as this was definitely my fault and a breach of RSR rules.
I actually managed to get away from that collision. I saw you coming from the right and managed to avoid by what looked like about 2cm :p

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Finally I could create the clip of my "race" at fuji with the frustrating end:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread