Split 2 - R2: Monza - 22nd May 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
'WARBEARD!' whilst straight-lining the chicanes is allowed under regulations, right...?

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
'WARBEARD!' whilst straight-lining the chicanes is allowed under regulations, right...?

Havent read the new driving standards yet do you?
3.1 Chatter
  • During qualifying and race, communication should be kept to an absolute minimum. For example, a WARBEARD that you are alongside someone or are leaving the pits is perfectly acceptable. For more detailed information, please see the TeamSpeak Conduct page on our forum.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I found an error in the Rules :pompous:
Should say Discord :brb:

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Best on TT is 1:41.4 so far. Downloaded a ghost that's at 1:42.5ish for initial 'aiming at' purposes, and weirdly the places where I'm really losing time are the two right-handers after the second chicane (was relatively sure going in that it would be the chicanes themselves). Need to find a line that allows me to get my speed on earlier on the second one particularly.

Edit: ack, after going back and seeing people are logging 1:37s, I'm probably haemorrhaging time in the chicanes as well!

Last edited:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have a dream that one day this T1 entry will not kill me!
I have a dream that one day I won't spin out in T1 ...
Luckily a donut in this car is only 3s slower each lap :p

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
On the basis that you may not want to listen to me based on my lap times: I'm hard on the brake at about 125 yards, into second, turn in late but reasonably hard, allows a slightly wider line on the second part - not decided whether I'm better in first or second for that, though.

Caveat: sometimes I spin.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Best on TT is 1:41.4 so far. Downloaded a ghost that's at 1:42.5ish for initial 'aiming at' purposes, and weirdly the places where I'm really losing time are the two right-handers after the second chicane (was relatively sure going in that it would be the chicanes themselves). Need to find a line that allows me to get my speed on earlier on the second one particularly.

Edit: ack, after going back and seeing people are logging 1:37s, I'm probably haemorrhaging time in the chicanes as well!
Mate pam has a lobby open jump in and get some practise with others..

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but too late for this evening - I'm onto Grey's Anatomy and chicken now. Think I might jump into practice earlier than I usually do tomorrow though.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
On the basis that you may not want to listen to me based on my lap times: I'm hard on the brake at about 125 yards, into second, turn in late but reasonably hard, allows a slightly wider line on the second part - not decided whether I'm better in first or second for that, though.

Caveat: sometimes I spin.

Don't care about laptimes if the tips the person gives makes me stop spinning T1 :woot:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@FuBii the camber in your setup is asymmetric, is that intentional? But 0 camber should be faster anyway ;)

@Pete Morrish when comparing to TT times, are you using all your p2p in one single lap? It's a bit tricky with this car talking about times. p2p pace is irrelevant for the race, yet that's often what you read here.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks, but too late for this evening - I'm onto Grey's Anatomy and chicken now. Think I might jump into practice earlier than I usually do tomorrow though.
well if you need a hand mate just give us a shout ill help out with what i can..

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
@Pete Morrish when comparing to TT times, are you using all your p2p in one single lap? It's a bit tricky with this car talking about times. p2p pace is irrelevant for the race, yet that's often what you read here.

In this specific instance - yep, liberal application of push-to-pass!

But I know from the view in my rear view that, with a bit of practice (those two damn righthanders!), that's not unrealistic for no-p2p as well. It's certainly what I was tracking towards before I got angry and decided to have "one last lap - this time with bloody p2p"!

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Puffpirat, I set the camber to keep the temperatures similar across the width of the tyre according to the ingame info +/- 3deg c
another reason would be that the car isn't 'balanced' left to right with you know, a 90kg driver sitting on the right hand side compared to the likes of the mono where you were front & centre. I did initially counter this with the suspension but found that playing around with the camber works better. My engineering ocd kinda went overboard with this one aha.

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
You're an engineer? That's not fair.

We can't all have jobs that give one a potential advantage at Project CARS, y'know!

Last edited:

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
You're an engineer? That's not fair.

We can't all have jobs that give one an potential advantage at Project CARS, y'know!
Bleh u could call the Stig, Rene Rast or Nic H :p. luckily we can beg on these forums and kindly souls like fubii help us out too :)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
HNC, HND, PD in Mechanical Engineering, time served engineering officer in the merchant navy, designed formula student cars whilst at university & still hold the university's simulator lap record aha.
& I still can't afford to buy a wheel :banghead:

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
HNC, HND, PD in Mechanical Engineering, time served engineering officer in the merchant navy, designed formula student cars whilst at university & still hold the university's simulator lap record aha.
& I still can't afford to buy a wheel :banghead:
Hah I spent 8 years at sea fubii :) of course I was a pen pusher but it's still the merchant navy although more popular name was the lurve boat :) sure as shit cured my itch to do something different when I was a young pup though! Now I'm content being a boring old bast

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
hahahaha getting back on topic, is the setup giving you a good starting point or do you find it useless? :joyful:

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
hahahaha getting back on topic, is the setup giving you a good starting point or do you find it useless? :joyful:
Its helped a lot thank you :)

Freak Superman

Community Member
Reaction score
My lap times are around 1:45.7. I lose some time around the second chicane. After the second chicane I gain some the time back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread