Split 2 - R2: Brno - 30th July 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Car: Formula Renault 3.5
Track: Brno
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop for the Feature Race

Date: Monday, 30th July 2018
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:15 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
18:40 UTC - Qualifying
18:50 UTC - Sprint Race
19:20 UTC - Qualifying
19:50 UTC - Feature Race

General
In-game Date:
Time Progression:
Weather Progression:

Qualifying
Duration:
Start Time:
Weather Forecast:

Race
Duration:
Start Time:
Weather Forecast:

Sprint
30th July 2018
Real Time
Sync to Race

10 mins
5:00
Light Rain

12 Laps
6:00
Light Rain

Feature
30th July 2018
Real Time
Sync to Race

10 mins
7:00
Rain

24 Laps
8:00
Rain > Random

Starting Procedure: Standing Start, when the in-game lights turn green the race starts - stay alert and look out for slow starters.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@David Fuller
@Dama_The_Crow
@CrisBCros

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Awsome, can’t wait

SP1KEGRW

Community Member
Reaction score
interesting, i see manu has been done his rain dance again lol :p:p:p:p

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Rain? Already? Oh noes. :dead:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Panic not young Padawans, rain driving in this car is actually an absolute pleasure :)

To save any questions from those who may not be aware of how we handle such things, the Random weather slot will be decided by our patent-pending "Wheel-o-Random-Weather-Selecting-Great-Luck" device. We put in the non-extreme weather conditions and will let fate decide which one of those we get. It avoids us getting things like Thunderstorm or Snow, which can make racing near impossible.

David Fuller

Community Member
Reaction score
Gutted i can't make this one, i'm away that week :(

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Haven't tried rain yet, but light rain sucks. My front left tire is melting after two laps because it is too dry, even if you let the track soak for 5 minutes before you roll out of the pits.

Btw. Driving on slicks is not a option. You're much slower than with the rain tires. But on slicks, even it might neither be fast nor safe, it is a hoot to drive. Just flick the car into a corner and steer with the throttle :D

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Haven't tried rain yet, but light rain sucks. My front left tire is melting after two laps because it is too dry, even if you let the track soak for 5 minutes before you roll out of the pits.

Btw. Driving on slicks is not a option. You're much slower than with the rain tires. But on slicks, even it might neither be fast nor safe, it is a hoot to drive. Just flick the car into a corner and steer with the throttle :D
In light rain, IF you were to go out at the start of the session then, yes, the wet tyres are not ideal and slicks are actually faster. After 2-3 laps, slicks are useless (albeit, as you say, a LOT of fun :D) and wets become viable.

What won't work is trying to go out at the start of qualifying, on dry tyres, to steal an advantage. More details will be forthcoming but all I will say for now is, do NOT assume that you can go out right at the start of quali on dry tyres ;)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
To clarify, we are starting the briefing earlier than usual to allow the track to 'soak in' for qualifying - this also prevents the unfair nature of the first few people out getting a lap time that nobody will then be able to match. To that end, please make sure that when you practice for qualifying, you wait 15 minutes before going out of the garage, to try and get a closer approximation of the track conditions you will face :)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys but I can't drive this race. Summer vacation gets in the way. Have a nice race.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Btw. Driving on slicks is not a option.
I tried that tactic for the sprint race but too slow. it was more fun driving sideways round the corners though.

Has anyone managed to figure out the overheating tires? i think its survivable in the sprint race but for the feature im hoping for dry conditions for the random slot. As for lap times im not sure what race pace will be.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out why my throttle jumps from 10% input to full with not even .5mm extra input on the controller. Tried to put the controller throttle sensitivity as low as it goes & it remains the same with no change in response. Kinda annoying as I want to feather the throttle through some of these corners not constantly blip it.
As for the tyres I can manage 5laps & then they are gone. After the second lap I lose 1.2s each lap thereafter.
Currently able to set 1.55 minute laps with the full tank (110l)
I know I can hit 1.41.6in dry conditions for my race pace, 1.40.2 my best.

I wouldn't call driving this car in the wet an absolute pleasure it sure is more planted & smoother than I expected it to be..

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
very weird...have you re calibrated your controller?

5-6 laps seems to be the end of the tires, i guess the only thing we can do is drive slower through corners. i get a tonne of under steer once the tires overheat which obviously causes more tire wear and heat. I have even tried the "all terrain" tires to see if they would work similar to the intermediate tires in F1 but no...:(

Depending on the pace advantage from fresh tires over old worn tires, it might be worth doing a tire change in sprint race, its an aggressive strategy but might work...or Not.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out why my throttle jumps from 10% input to full with not even .5mm extra input on the controller. Tried to put the controller throttle sensitivity as low as it goes & it remains the same with no change in response. Kinda annoying as I want to feather the throttle through some of these corners not constantly blip it.
As for the tyres I can manage 5laps & then they are gone. After the second lap I lose 1.2s each lap thereafter.
Currently able to set 1.55 minute laps with the full tank (110l)
I know I can hit 1.41.6in dry conditions for my race pace, 1.40.2 my best.

I wouldn't call driving this car in the wet an absolute pleasure it sure is more planted & smoother than I expected it to be..
Have you checked whether any of the driving assistants is on?

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I don't use the assists unless the online server forces them on, in which case I'll turn em off. If the car has them I'll change the setup for them to be as unobtrusive as possible.
Either way, fully prepared for a 2 stop sprint race & likely a 3 stop feature race, possibly more depending on the random weather selector o matic choice :D

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Same issue here... tt 1:42 ... in wet wet conditions and fuel for 15 laps... doing a low 1:53... and front left tyre overheating, rear left gets too hot too... Hope to find the time somewhere upcoming days to get a better setup. Already spend hours and hours to get to know the track, the limits/behaviour of the car, and create a good dry weather setup so I have a baseline to work from to create a wet setup.... which sometimes is a nightmare still being a bit of a setup noob :D
Still having a lot of fun though..

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I don't use the assists unless the online server forces them on, in which case I'll turn em off. If the car has them I'll change the setup for them to be as unobtrusive as possible.
Either way, fully prepared for a 2 stop sprint race & likely a 3 stop feature race, possibly more depending on the random weather selector o matic choice :D
I was talking about the other assists, but as there is no acceleration assist, this was non-sense. Disregard me :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread