Split 2 - R1: Nürburgring - 16th July 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Car: Formula Renault 3.5
Track: Nürburgring GP
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop for the Feature Race

Date: Monday, 16th July 2018
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
18:40 UTC - Qualifying
18:50 UTC - Sprint Race
19:20 UTC - Qualifying
19:50 UTC - Feature Race

General
In-game Date:
Time Progression:
Weather Progression:

Qualifying
Duration:
Start Time:
Weather Forecast:

Race
Duration:
Start Time:
Weather Forecast:

Sprint
16th July 2018
Real Time
Sync to Race

10 mins
10:00
Light Cloud

12 Laps
11:00
Light Cloud

Feature
16th July 2018
Real Time
Sync to Race

10 mins
13:00
Heavy Cloud

24 Laps
14:00
Heavy Cloud > Overcast

Starting Procedure: Standing Start, when the in-game lights turn green the race starts - stay alert and look out for slow starters.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@Henri
@Erik
@Vince

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Usually I'm not getting the same laptimes during practice, what I can get in the race.
I'm getting 1:43s right now, but I'd say my racepace potential is mid 1:42s, fingers crossed that's enough for something.
(Also, I nearly ever do Qualifying practice)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Looks like my qualy is a mid/ high 1.41, race is likely a slow 1.43 over the entire feature race.
maybe manage 1.42 for the sprint for the pace

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Still learning the track.. only had 1 hour of practice...doing a lousy 1:45 if i'm lucky, I should be able to do a 1:40-1:41 once I know the track and car better.

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yesterday, in the sprint, with 45 liters on Board, I have an average time of 1.40.6, best lap 1.39.6

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Any hints for tyre pressure... assuming I have to pick slicks instead of comp ? Car is completely different from LME cars so I have no clue what this car needs to go fast and to last on its tyres... and no time to test, lol.

Erik

Community Member
Reaction score
I don't have internet connection at home and my service provider still hasn't sorted it out. So I will most likely not race tonight, sorry guys. I will try to see what I can accomplish when I get home later today

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I don't have internet connection at home and my service provider still hasn't sorted it out. So I will most likely not race tonight, sorry guys. I will try to see what I can accomplish when I get home later today
That's sad

AFR CHRISILLAS

Community Member
Reaction score
hey everyone. some slightly bad news. My boss changed the work schedule and now we are going in to work an hour earlier than before so I can make the sprint race but I definitely cant make the main race.. can an admin let me know if that affects my status as a pro driver?

Vince

Community Member
Reaction score
Guys I wasn't aware that the first race was tonight, just now realized that it was so..
I am still out of town visiting my family, so won't be able to race. Sorry for the late message.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
Bad Race for me..1st i crash into a spining car.
2nd race i was at p9.. get a misstake hat to pit 2nd time. Out on P15 i get a contact with 50%aero damage in lap 20...had no sence to drive..i retired

eagle

Community Member
Reaction score
@Thomas Sikora Sorry for a light contact in the middle of the 4-th lap, I hope it was without damage for you too.

Bad Race for me..1st i crash into a spining car.
2nd race i was at p9.. get a misstake hat to pit 2nd time. Out on P15 i get a contact with 50%aero damage in lap 20...had no sence to drive..i retired

It is always sence to drive, retiring is not interesting! ;)

Last edited:

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So Race 1 was a brilliant race, didn't have pace to keep with James or Nada, but I enjoyed just doing what I could and keeping out of trouble.

Race 2 on the other hand, I got 15 rear damage from contact at T1 on Lap 3 and from then the rear of the car was horrible.
I had to pit to get it fixed after enduring it for a few laps, then after 5 or so laps unfortunately @The Breeze span in front of me at the Schumi esses, and unfortunately stopped in the middle of the track and I had nowhere to go.

This left me crabbing all the way back to the pits and I had long repair, so did a lap or 2 then retired.

Not 100% how I wanted this season to start. But hopefully it gets better.

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
A beautiful race with ups and downs and so on a few times. An excellent start from the 16th position led me to the first round of the race to the 9th position, but I had to take a sabotage maneuver to avoid contact with a partner who was driving ahead and hooked on the lawn. I had to break again from the 16th position to 12 and again had to stop immediately to avoid contact with @ sp1kegrw Having lost two positions I continued the fight and finished the race in at position 8.
The best moments in the race are the best music on this short video.

Last edited:

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
Race 24 Laps - the best moments in 5 minutes

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
1st Race unforgunately w/o sound

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Totally soul destroying last night. Last week the car felt great. This week when I got to Quali and the Race the car felt completely different to what it felt all week in practice. I had turn in oversteer and power oversteer on exit, if I touched the curb on exit the rear would try and come around. I had no grip for cornering, I lost the car 3 times in each race and caused damage to the suspension where I had to pit for repairs, complete waste of time. You spend time creating a setup and practicing for that to happen, I might as well have given up and gone and done something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread