Split 2 - General Chat (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Admins: Could I just clarify since I can't find it explicitly stated anywhere else - I assume a drive through penalty consists of travelling through the pit lane, limiter on, with no stop.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but i'm getting knowhere with a race setup :(
If you are around over the weekend, it might be worth joining us on team speak, there will no doubt be people around practising who will be able to advice you on setup

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Admins: Could I just clarify since I can't find it explicitly stated anywhere else - I assume a drive through penalty consists of travelling through the pit lane, limiter on, with no stop.
Yes, a drive-through penalty consists of travelling through the pits without stopping and with pit limiter on. Exactly the same as in F1

Last edited:

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok i accept the Penalty. I was a bit too close to the guy in front of me and couldn't react fast enough when he hit the other guy in front of him. Didn't expect this, i braked as hard as possible... But well...

When is the next induction? Can't find it in the calendar and i don't have much time next week.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok i accept the Penalty. I was a bit too close to the guy in front of me and couldn't react fast enough when he hit the other guy in front of him. Didn't expect this, i braked as hard as possible... But well...

When is the next induction? Can't find it in the calendar and i don't have much time next week.
Next induction is Tuesday 13th at 19:30UTC

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
@Mearcat - Causing an avoidable collision

I take it this was my unexpected lockup into the rear of Darksi as that was the only contact that I caused.

The only other point that would of caused contact was out of my control from a bounce on grass but as far as I can tell from the replay there was no contact in that one.

Note to self - lockup the brakes away from other cars.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Change to Porsche you say....

No Way!!! :stig:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
^How much?

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
About 29,99 for now. Here!

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
But the Pista is brand new... Would be awesome to have that ingame later on.

Yes but 488 GTE is a nice replacement for league :)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
But the Pista is brand new... Would be awesome to have that ingame later on.
I doubt that we'll see it in PC2 though.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A remark to the lock ups: as soon as you are within say 3-5 tenths of another car the GTE machines lose front downforce which makes the fronts lock up easier. You not only have to adjust your braking point then but also your brake pressure on the pedal. Shifting the brake bias one click to the rear can help a bit too.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
A remark to the lock ups: as soon as you are within say 3-5 tenths of another car the GTE machines lose front downforce which makes the fronts lock up easier. You not only have to adjust your braking point then but also your brake pressure on the pedal. Shifting the brake bias one click to the rear can help a bit too.
Is adjusting brake bias like this a common thing? I mean "because I'm hitting traffic", rather than "conditions on the track have changed"? It's a nice tip. I only wish there had been anyone near me on my last big spin so I could have blamed downforce ;)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is adjusting brake bias like this a common thing? I mean "because I'm hitting traffic", rather than "conditions on the track have changed"? It's a nice tip. I only wish there had been anyone near me on my last big spin so I could have blamed downforce ;)
Both for traffic and conditions you need to make these adjustments. Take Silverstone for example, its wet, you will want a lower pressure than on a dry track but also to move the brake bias to around 51-49 area. only track time will give you the answer as to what suits you

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
This was my downfall, not testing in other people's dirty air, didn't realise how much it affected the brakes. That & it was my first race in weeks. Onwards & upwards.
Are the ice tyres studded? If not pretty certain I can at least get some temperature in those haha, (fake laugh, hiding real pain) so many puddles, so much aquaplaning

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Both for traffic and conditions you need to make these adjustments. Take Silverstone for example, its wet, you will want a lower pressure than on a dry track but also to move the brake bias to around 51-49 area. only track time will give you the answer as to what suits you
great thanks. I never really considered that it wasn't only for conditions. I've been nervous of distracting myself using the ICM, but maybe I should practice tweaking a bit more so I get comfortable.

btw, I've just finished tuning my car aero for silverstone...here are the results

Last edited:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
great thanks. I never really considered that it wasn't only for conditions. I've been nervous of distracting myself using the ICM, but maybe I should practice tweaking a bit more so I get comfortable.

btw, I've just finished tuning my car aero for silverstone...here are the results

If you have buttons left, you can map brake bias up and down directly to the wheel or if available, a button box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread