Split 1 - R6: Spa - 3rd Jul 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
If it wasn't for the old' wet/ controller/ tyre life forcing me to pit 3 times during the rain, I'd have been well up the field as I had the pace at the end but good fun regardless! =D
When's the next season start? :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Please do not leave the teamspeak :O Please come all back for 5 minutes :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Congrats Puffy, P3 in the race but more than enough to secure the championship. Seriously well deserved :)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Please do not leave the teamspeak :O Please come all back for 5 minutes :)
Oh sorry... I left too early :oops:
But my wife was pestering me because she wanted help with a heavy plant... :banghead:

What did I miss?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Feanor
Thanks for this amazing side by side racing!!!
Link to exact moment (don't forget to watch the full lap!):

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
@Col_McCoy
Thanks to you too, was some great racing! :) Too bad you had that last spin in the chicane. Would have been an amazing last lap.

To everyone: Sorry again for forcing you through the extended rain. I had practiced alot to keep the tires alive and was really banking on that helping me in the race, so I didn't want to give that away.:shy:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
No need for apologizing @Feanor. It was just an offer from us admins, we were pretty sure couple people did more practice in the rain and that this would actually be a disadvantage for them. We just wanted to give you guys the opportunity nothing more.

No hard feelings about that! :)

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@t0daY, not that it really makes any difference but my fastest lap is wrong, I was one of the last across the line and improved on my final lap to a 2:06.5XX, I don't have a screenshot to prove it but I think it was .558 or similar.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can only work with the screenshots I got provided with. I got disconnected, usually I do the best laps at the last moment to ensure something like that does not happen. Sorry mate :(

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Having been away last week i only really had 3hrs worth of practice. I struggled with setup, thanks to my teammate @ramiboo i managed to get a setup that worked well in qualifying but was very twitchy and unstable with race fuel. managed to qualify P8 to my surprise. race started on but i lost it under braking into les combes and lost some places. when the rain came i pitted for wets but rejoined on drys so another slippery lap later i had pitted for wets. The car had bad under steer in wet conditions and i had some aero damage, I eventually lost it at the top of Eau Rouge and hit the barrier. I retired to the pits and enjoyed the remaining laps as a spectator.

Congrats to @Puffpirat for the cup win! and thanks to everyone else for some great, close racing and im looking forward to racing with you all again!

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Can only work with the screenshots I got provided with. I got disconnected, usually I do the best laps at the last moment to ensure something like that does not happen. Sorry mate :(
Not a problem at all, it was just about the only thing I had to feel good about from that race so I thought I would mention it, thanks for sorting it :)

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Than
Congrats Puffi! Also great drive @SillySausage to come from the back to finish P7! Nice one buddy.
Thanks mate, have no idea how, what, when, why I ended up in P7 when I was well off the pace but I'll take it! Team Meaty Treat for the win!!!

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
What a race!

Quali was meh. Failed to put down a proper time, so P9 it was.

Start was decent, kept my position through Eau Rouge and was hopeful to benefit as the two cars infront of me went wide and another one spinning.
Unfortuately I struggled under breaking and got a little tap on my rear I think. Anyway, I spun and went to the back of the field with ramiboo.
Spent the next couple of laps having some good battles, fighting my way back to p10 when the rain came. Went to pits for wets and continued my charge through the field. Sadly it took way too long to find my rythm for the wet so I wasted a bit of tire life.
I passed Rillo and Fubii had an off, alowing me to get by. Took Invincibles position when he pitted for a second set of rain tires. Chased Blue Monkey and gained the position when he went wide in Eau Rouge. Near the end of the rain period I found myself close to Col_McCoy who had a spinner in the busstop chicane, giving me P5 which became P4 during my switch back on slicks due to t0daYs unfortunate disconnect.
Had a bit of a messy outlap and Col_McCoy got by again during his stop. I managed to stick to his rear and a great battle ensued for the remaining laps.
I chased him for some laps and then managed to pass him at busstop. Then he chased me for some laps and after some really good attempts he managed to get by towards Pouhon with 3 laps to go. But in the same lap I could outbreak Col_McCoy into the final chicane. Unfortunately he spun a lap later in the busstop allowing me to cruise to a safe 4th place.
I had a lot of fun and some great battles throughout the race.

7th place in the championship is fantastic, considering the awful results from the first three rounds.
Winning the Team Chamionship together with ProjectPD is nice, even though PuffyVtec and MacTigers were sadly hampered by effectively turning into single driver teams halfway through the season.

Thanks to all the participants, it was great racing you! And also a big thank you to the admins and moderators for setting everything so nicely.

See you at the 2.4h of LeMans and in season 3!

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Pamellaaa I have the proof: 2:06:589.

Pamella.jpg

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I was really looking forward to this one, I wasn't quick on a qualifying lap, but I had good race pace. So, started in p10, everything was clean through Eau Rouge, time to relax. Turned in at the end of the straight and cars started rotating in front of me, the track was blocked I had nowhere to go, 12 aero damage. Had to carry that until the rain came, I was losing a couple of seconds a lap. Came out of the pits in p14, time to make up some time. I like the wet and go well in it, was making up places well, made it up to p8 and then coming out of Eau Rouge on lap 20 the engine died, I was like, WTF!!! My Radiator setting was 20 so wasn't expecting that, damn you Project Cars, robbed of another decent result, is it September yet?

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
20 radiator is pretty damn low. I was at 70 and had 105°C water temp...

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Some were running less than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread