Split 1 - R6: Indianapolis - 10th September 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So I really enjoyed this race in general. Although its sad to see far fewer cars on track (and tougher for the solo commentator for sure), it allowed for a safer start to the races.

This track seemed to really suit me and I had some pretty good qualifying pace here. In the first qualifying the short track meant I could not find a space to really get a great lap in, but on the second qualifying I was able to lap to within 0.4 of the leaders, which was very pleasing indeed. I'd worked hard on the setup (all my own work this time) and it was really nice to see it was competitive with the big boyz.

Race 1 was interesting as I was continually catching @Nighttiger in the early laps as he seemed to struggle with his slidy back end (I don't know whether he had super early damage) but I caught so fast in the S sections (T1,2,3 and 6,7,8) that I was having to slam brakes on to avoid hitting him. I never quite timed catching him to the exit of the straights. I got too impatient and tried an overtake at the back straight. To be fair, I think I could have executed it better, it was a lockup that meant I slid into him (we locked wheels, I got no damage, dunno about Nighttiger), but I think I could have controlled it from where I hit the brakes. That I think was my first attempted pass manoeuvre of the entire season, so I was unsurprisingly rusty. Stupidly, while trying to allow him to rejoin I edged onto the grass and spun (yes @The Wayfaerer you were correct). Losing 2 places I was however happy to see my pace was good enough to get me back into contention, and I managed to recover again to 5th place.

The second race was really a result of my qualifying. 4th on the grid, and losing one place to @miagi after a slightly worse launch I got into a stable 5th position. I stayed with Miagi for a while, but my little mistakes added up and eventually I lost the slipstream. From there the race was all about consistent pace and not crashing out. Late on in the race I did start to catch @miagi again, and @Nighttiger started to close on me, but none of us really got close enough to the others for a proper battle (though I still felt the pressure not to make a mistake). 5th again for a very good finish for me.

I thoroughly enjoyed this race, mostly because I'm now starting to find a group of people that I am continually in contention with (directly or league position). @Elodyr , @miagi and @Nighttiger are really motivating me to step up my game. Some great chat after the race about how to improve was very welcome from @Nighttiger and @miagi (and others) and it really reminds me why this bunch of people are so awesome.

If anyone is interested in my pov, here it is. Look out for the 2 second screen freeze on one of the corners!

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Overview ahead of the final round. @ProjectPD leads the drivers championship with 16 points after an amazing performance at Indy, scoring every available point. That means I will have to have a perfect day at Dubai to win this on my own. No pressure ;)

upload_2018-9-12_11-40-58.png

The battle for P3 is shaping up to be a classic too, with @Elodyr, @miagi and @Nighttiger seperated by just four points and @UnstopaPaul and @fab. ICEMAN following closely.

upload_2018-9-12_11-43-7.png

And finally, @Elodyr we are the Team Champions in Split 1 :D

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
win this on my own.
Come on @Elodyr your rear gunner.... do your job :D :D

Also PD still has a drop score to go....gona be exciting!

Congrats to you both on winning teams championship. We aim to add to the cross over championship with big points in the next round.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Congrats to you both on winning teams championship. We aim to add to the cross over championship with big points in the next round.
With a total of 260 points up for grabs, we are 59 away from sealing the Cross Split Championship :)

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
With a total of 260 points up for grabs, we are 59 away from sealing the Cross Split Championship :)
Awesome, in split2 we have 4 point lead in the teams championship. Hopefully we can take all championships

Elodyr

Community Member
Reaction score
Really threw away the little lead I had on P4 this round and hope I can somehow regain P3 in Dubai, but even now I'm already more than happy with the place I am in right now and the results I had this season :)

Really glad we we're able to edge out the team championship and hope we can do the same with the crossteam-championship next week (so finish the way you performed so far @Jamesl91 & @Freak Superman !!! :D )

And finally, best of luck to @Puffpirat on somehow finding a way to win against PD o_O

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
due to a weird confluence of circumstances I appear to have 3/4 of T-Rexergie Racing's points. What happened guys?

ProjectPD

Community Member
Reaction score
I want a bonus for my invalid team. ;)
We were just three drivers since the second race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread