Split 1 - R5: Silverstone - 13th Mar 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yes... Well maybe no, but it's the first time I've actually thought about it :)

Ahhhh, but my logic is still sound. Although you state only two weather types, you have the power to introduce them within the 4 x slots whenever you like. But thanks for the clarification. I'll test based on that...

When did we ever do that? :dead:

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
When did we ever do that? :dead:
Dunno, I've never thought about it before, so you might have been doing it every week for all I know ;)

Anyhoo, we now know you're not that underhanded in throwing us curveballs with the weather and it'll be a simple 2 slot event :)

BTW: If it was me, I would have been playing with the slots to add a little bit of confusion, but then I have a dark side :vamp:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@MikeyTT - well then, let's all be thankful that you aren't in charge :p :D

(just pulling your leg of course, before anybody gets a sandy unmentionable)

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Don't you believe it, that would be the worst thing ever. Me in charge of something? disorganised chaos and misery, and that'll be on a good day :)

I'd have us starting on a clear day and then transition to a thunderstorm, and back out to an overcast day. Actually, that's exactly what happened last time I raced at Oulton, so as painful as it sounds, it's true to life :)
Maybe just heavy rain and not thunderstorm, but heck, lightening for effect ;)

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Just for clarity (in case some people read this as "it will go to fog/rain as soon as the lights go green), the race will start in the Fog condition and will transition to the Fog & Rain condition as the race progresses.

From experience, do not necessarily expect the race to be a simple 50/50 with respect to conditions. I remember some races where, in a cloud -> rain setup, it would start raining lightly long before the actual 'Rain' condition kicked in, so expect light rain to start falling some laps before the half-way stage.

I should do some practice to see how the supersoft holds up in 'Fog & Rain'. It's fine in Light Rain but I haven't tested it at all in heavier conditions than that. I should also really do some practice full stop, not turned a wheel in pCARS for well over a week now :eek:.
Maybe add pit entry practice to the list? :D Too soon?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So what bit of the pit exit are we using the short exit or the longer 1 i did ask this awhile ago..???

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So what bit of the pit exit are we using the short exit or the longer 1 i did ask this awhile ago..???

We will be using the correct one.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
AFAIK, it's the shorter one, if you follow the path of the white lines.

100 points for MikeyTT. We are always following the white lines so I thought that would be clear.

But I hope you guys know at least that we are driving the BAC Mono ;) :D :D

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
100 points for MikeyTT. We are always following the white lines so I thought that would be clear.

But I hope you guys know at least that we are driving the BAC Mono ;) :D :D
Yay, does that mean I top the Split 1 leaderboard now? ;)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As per my post in the split-2 thread, I ran a quick test last night and the first drops of rain were appearing on lap 15/16, slowly building in intensity. It still wasn't fully raining by the half-way stage.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Please add me to the list of confirmed no shows. I'll have to sit this one out because we leave to Finnland on Monday for another test trip.

Good luck everyone and see you for the final round at the Glen!

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok.......so I need to do some practising this weekend. Won't make the same mistake like last race where I screwed up my 4th place due to some MelBonkers stupidity ;-)

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
So what times is everyone running?

I've just run a few laps, and getting a setup that's good for the dry, just will not work in the wet, and vice versa it seems. Stuck in the low 1:01s for wet and a flat 57 for dry. That's with a semi-compromised setup that works in both weathers on max fuel.

Can't seem to get the rears tamed in the wet at all. The 2nd right is just a mare, I've found. Oh and the first left, which is just 50% of the corners ;)

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So what times is everyone running?

I've just run a few laps, and getting a setup that's good for the dry, just will not work in the wet, and vice versa it seems. Stuck in the low 1:01s for wet and a flat 57 for dry. That's with a semi-compromised setup that works in both weathers on max fuel.

Can't seem to get the rears tamed in the wet at all. The 2nd right is just a mare, I've found. Oh and the first left, which is just 50% of the corners ;)

I haven't done 1 lap yet.......so I'm getting a little bit worried now ;-). Will start a practise session in half an hour or so.

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
One though to the weather, I simulated a 20 laps race with the condition set to Fog -> Fog with rain. And my Simulation only had a little bit rain in the last 4 laps. (nearly no rain, it had almost no effect on my lap times)
If I set the Condition only to Fog with rain, then its raining much more than in the Sakitto Race. (I'm about 7s slower)
Is this an expected behaviour because the condition transition is based on a random function? So I can expect a race where the weather transitions in the first few laps to somewhat heavy rain until the end, and It's also possible I see only a few drops in the whole race?
Anyway, the more rain the more fun :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread