Split 1 - R5: Silverstone - 13th Mar 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
5 - Silverstone National.png

Car:
BAC Mono
Track: Silverstone National
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 13th March 2017
18:30 UTC - Optional Practice - 60 minutes
19:30 UTC - Driver Briefing - 15 minutes
19:45 UTC - Qualifying - 15 minutes
20:00 UTC - Race - 1+46 Laps

Ingame Date: 13th September 2017
Ingame Time: 10:00
Time Progression: 1x
Weather Conditions: Fog -> Fog with Rain
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the safety car will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the safety car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the red marker maintaining our 50mph / 80kph speed. Odd numbers will be on the right side and even numbers on the left side.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@Puffpirat

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY track is wrong mate...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Why exactly?

Ah you mean in the post itself the track. Got it! I thought you were meaning the wrong layout. Fixed!
Lol yeh my post was a tad vague in all fainess lol the one in split 2 is the sane unless you have changed it.. Might as well remove the post now please as i look like an idiot now lol i know its not hard to do lol..

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Lol yeh my post was a tad vague in all fainess lol the one in split 2 is the sane unless you have changed it.. Might as well remove the post now please as i look like an idiot now lol i know its not hard to do lol..

Fixed it for both splits. I do not think we need to remove the posts, with my answer below it is obvious that there was something wrong :p

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Dam doing a pit takes nearly as much time to do a lap lol. I mean from entering to exit...

Ohh that reminds me what pit exit are we using the shorter exit or the longer bit on the right..???

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
am i right in thinking that it will start off foggy then turn in to rain.???

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Quick question on how the weather is applied in PC1. I've never normally needed to pay attention before ;)

Am I right in thinking that the weather applies over the sessions? e.g. Fog then Fog with Rain will start in the 5 min Practice, then into Quali, and then the Race? Or does it get reset when you transition between sessions?

So if you had 3 weather conditions and a 20 min practice, then a 20 min quali, followed by a 20 min race, then the weather slots get applied essentially a slot per session?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Quick question on how the weather is applied in PC1. I've never normally needed to pay attention before ;)

Am I right in thinking that the weather applies over the sessions? e.g. Fog then Fog with Rain will start in the 5 min Practice, then into Quali, and then the Race? Or

So if you had 3 weather conditions and a 20 min practice, then a 20 min quali, followed by a 20 min race, then the weather slots get applied essentially a slot per session?

It does get resetted.

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
It does get resetted.
Thanks. So the Fog -> Fog & Rain transition will start when the green lights go on.

Just trying to get any pit strategy advantage I can ;)

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Is the qualy just fog then, or will it go to fog with rain after half time?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks. So the Fog -> Fog & Rain transition will start when the green lights go on.

Just trying to get any pit strategy advantage I can ;)
Just for clarity (in case some people read this as "it will go to fog/rain as soon as the lights go green), the race will start in the Fog condition and will transition to the Fog & Rain condition as the race progresses.

From experience, do not necessarily expect the race to be a simple 50/50 with respect to conditions. I remember some races where, in a cloud -> rain setup, it would start raining lightly long before the actual 'Rain' condition kicked in, so expect light rain to start falling some laps before the half-way stage.

I should do some practice to see how the supersoft holds up in 'Fog & Rain'. It's fine in Light Rain but I haven't tested it at all in heavier conditions than that. I should also really do some practice full stop, not turned a wheel in pCARS for well over a week now :eek:.

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
@Cluck glad you've not thrown the towel in completely, that's good to see.

In chatting with jonno a few mins ago, I had a little lightbulb moment followed by a realisation that it doesn't matter anyway. Not in the sense that the world is about to descend into a zombie apocalypse, but in the sense that Manu is likely to be a sneaky bugger :)

We have 4 weather slots. He hasn't and I'm sure won't state anywhere how the slots are apportioned. I'd assumed 2 x weather slots (Fog & Fog with Rain), which should equate to a roughly 50/50 split (wiggle room aside as Cluck points out). But could be 1 x slot of Fog and 3 x slots of Fog & Rain, so it's more like a 25/75 split. Or obviously vice versa with more Fog.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Cluck the supersofts hold up ok in the fog/rain really hard to get temps right tho iv yet to find a sweet spot.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have no inside knowledge, but if 2 weather conditions are stated, I would expect there to be just the 2 weather slots.

@jonno - cheers! When it comes to tyre temperatures, I actually prefer driving the car when the tyres are on the cold side of optimum. I'm at my happiest when there's a little natural slippage*

* said the bishop to the actress

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Cluck glad you've not thrown the towel in completely, that's good to see.

In chatting with jonno a few mins ago, I had a little lightbulb moment followed by a realisation that it doesn't matter anyway. Not in the sense that the world is about to descend into a zombie apocalypse, but in the sense that Manu is likely to be a sneaky bugger :)

We have 4 weather slots. He hasn't and I'm sure won't state anywhere how the slots are apportioned. I'd assumed 2 x weather slots (Fog & Fog with Rain), which should equate to a roughly 50/50 split (wiggle room aside as Cluck points out). But could be 1 x slot of Fog and 3 x slots of Fog & Rain, so it's more like a 25/75 split. Or obviously vice versa with more Fog.

1st slot = Fog
2nd slot = Fog with rain and thats it.

Come on guys, is that your first pCARS race with more than 1 weatherslot? o_O

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
1st slot = Fog
2nd slot = Fog with rain and thats it.

Come on guys, is that your first pCARS race with more than 1 weatherslot? o_O
Yes... Well maybe no, but it's the first time I've actually thought about it :)

Ahhhh, but my logic is still sound. Although you state only two weather types, you have the power to introduce them within the 4 x slots whenever you like. But thanks for the clarification. I'll test based on that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread