Split 1 - R4: Dubai - 27th Feb 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
4 - Dubai Autodrome Club.png

Car: BAC Mono
Track: Dubai Autodrome Club
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 27th February 2017
18:30 UTC - Optional Practice - 60 minutes
19:30 UTC - Driver Briefing - 15 minutes
19:45 UTC - Qualifying - 15 minutes
20:00 UTC - Race - 1+40 Laps

Ingame Date: 27th August 2017
Ingame Time: 13:00
Time Progression: 1x
Weather Conditions: Hazy
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the safety car will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the safety car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the red marker maintaining our 50mph / 80kph speed. Odd numbers will be on the left side and even numbers on the right side.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@2scoops
@Alex Salmon
@Suomy
@Mr Beas

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well i have a rough idea of the pace around dubi can see 57s here from the quick guys..

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Don't depress me any further, I haven't got over Sakitto yet :(

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Don't depress me any further, I haven't got over Sakitto yet :(
Lol i only go off what i can do and minus 2.5 seconds off that lol

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Its a good job i'm not a quitter :)

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Do we know what the in-game date is for Dubai yet? I can't see it on the main calendar page.

Edit: Now the post has been moved, this request makes me look like a right plonker. Thanks Manu ;)

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well i have a rough idea of the pace around dubi can see 57s here from the quick guys..
You're doing 1m00s laps? Learnt well, young Jedi, you have, mmmh hmmm.

I just had a quick go in time trial and was in mid-1m00 territory after 4 clean laps (the track limits on this one are a beeatch :eek:). Finding another 3 seconds from that? Nope. I'm sure I'll be in the 59s with a few more laps under my belt, in time trial. Not tried it in the race conditions yet but I certainly can't see me doing 57s laps.

EDIT : Just seen your reply. Oh, OK. Will try later maybe. We don't know the race date yet though ;).

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I just had a quick go in time trial and was in mid-1m00 territory after 4 clean laps (the track limits on this one are a beeatch :eek:). Finding another 3 seconds from that? Nope. I'm sure I'll be in the 59s with a few more laps under my belt, in time trial. Not tried it in the race conditions yet but I certainly can't see me doing 57s laps.
Im doing my practice under race day conditions and currently i can do 1.01.239. I tried in TT AND found i was slower inface im over a second slower. Try under race conditions mate honestly the car is quicker for some weird reason..

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Do we know what the in-game date is for Dubai yet? I can't see it on the main calendar page.
I don't think we find out the date until the event page goes up :)

EDIT : However, by the looks of it, the races are set exactly 6 months after the real date we are racing (the first 3 rounds have run that way) so, chances are the in-game date for the race will be the 27th of August 2017 :).

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I don't think we find out the date until the event page goes up :)

EDIT : However, by the looks of it, the races are set exactly 6 months after the real date we are racing (the first 3 rounds have run that way) so, chances are the in-game date for the race will be the 27th of August 2017 :).
I hope thats how it is lol thats how i have it set lol the time is right just the date i was unsure of so i went for the 27th aug

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You've got a good pace there then Jonno :)

Just tried race conditions myself and was doing roughly the same times as my TT times. Quali I got down to 1m00.2 after 3 laps, at which point I stopped.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You've got a good pace there then Jonno :)

Just tried race conditions myself and was doing roughly the same times as my TT times. Quali I got down to 1m00.2 after 3 laps, at which point I stopped.
Either im getting quicker or everyone else is getting slower lol. Im going for others are getting slower. Just need to get my consistency to scratch and not bottle it when others are arround me lol

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
jonno,

Maybe you're cold blooded and racing in Dubai warms up your blood and makes you faster ;-)

Either im getting quicker or everyone else is getting slower lol. Im going for others are getting slower. Just need to get my consistency to scratch and not bottle it when others are arround me lol

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
jonno,

Maybe you're cold blooded and racing in Dubai warms up your blood and makes you faster ;-)
Lol i doubt that but i like your thinking lol. I tgink its just becouse dubi is one of my favourite track that and oulton park lol i hate every other one lol...

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
I did a few laps tonight and managed a 1:00.2. Technically I crossed more white lines than Kate Moss, so my actual RSR rules pace is a 1:01.6 at best.

Certainly a track where exceeding track limits will improve your time a lot. The nadgery chicanes kind of self police though, as the humps punish you if you attack too hard anyway.

I think we'll see low 59s, maybe a very high 58 from the top guys. Don't think the gap will be that big in the end, for the rest of the field, as the track is short and there is a huge straight. Will make for a very interesting race.

Go on then Cluck jonno post up a fast lap video :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I did a few laps tonight and managed a 1:00.2. Technically I crossed more white lines than Kate Moss, so my actual RSR rules pace is a 1:01.6 at best.

Certainly a track where exceeding track limits will improve your time a lot. The nadgery chicanes kind of self police though, as the humps punish you if you attack too hard anyway.

I think we'll see low 59s, maybe a very high 58 from the top guys. Don't think the gap will be that big in the end, for the rest of the field, as the track is short and there is a huge straight. Will make for a very interesting race.

Go on then Cluck jonno post up a fast lap video :)
Ey wait what lol me post a fast lap vid i hit a 1.00.8 once in probbly 60 to 70 laps lol...best i can consecutively do is a 1.01.6/7. My pace is ok and my and my consistency is coming along but that is all for nothing if im not confident to apply that lol...

DeBuG^

Community Member
Reaction score
Sounds like I'm on the right lines so far then, I can hit 1.01.2 quite nicely now, I will be very, very interested to see what lines some people take on this, and how close we get to those track limits ;)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If you stick to the limits, 1m00 laps are absolutely fine on a full tank of fuel. I really need to do some serious practice though, there are a couple of sections that I cannot nail reliably :(.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Quick heads up but its saying our convo is in split 2 chat...

Edit....
I see the problem copy and paste lol the thread is in split one but SOMEONE forgot to change the number 2 to a 1 lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread