Split 1 - R4: Bathurst - 12th Jun 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Comments and criticisms for the broadcast are appreciated fellas. :)
Yeah the stream was great. You tried to catch battles throughout the field which was good, maybe use Tony's overlay to catch the gaps even better, since pCARS doesn't give the gaps for the spectators.

Also good for the viewers that you included some background info on the drivers, how they where doing and the championship.

Spike could have been a bit louder but you were a good team. Just turn off the racing line next time :p

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Oh wow I didn't even notice I had the racing line on! Must be my old age lol.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
People must have thought we were all noobies :p

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
What a race!
So many ups and downs.
Had a blistering quali-lap. Never expected to go sub 1:54. 4th place that became third when SBart spun on the formation lap.

Then I went and stuffed it all up in lap 1:
Lost a position to ramiboo at the start. Then had a bad exit out of the first hairpin and with t0daY putting me under pressure a combination of a wonky line, cold tires and dirty air slamed me into the wall damaging the car. T0daY went by and down the dipper I got stuck next to the spun car of ramiboo loosing a few extra position. On Conrod team ramjam roadblocked me but I had to pit anyway to fix the damage.

At this point I had a free track ahead, good pace and no tire-wear issues. So i focused on putting down consistent laps, knowing that pitstops and incidents on my competitors side would see me gain positions throughout the race.
Didn't quite expect to get all the way up to third though.

Of course that also led to the realisation that a certain german alien was lurking somewhere behind me. And when Puffy apeared on my relatives with around 8-9 laps to go and only 10 seconds behind, I knew I was in trouble. Pushing as hard as possible, I tried saving the podium but with just over one lap to go he snatched away my treasure, true pirate style. Defending on the edge of my cars performance we even traded some paint but to no avail, Puffpirat was just too fast.

But such is racing. As much as I would have loved to help PD in the drivers-standings, I am quite happy with the 4th place. Especially coming from my abysmal performance in Zolder the week before and some other infuriating incidents I got tangeld up the before that. Including being turned around on this very track in lap 1 on the first straight for no aparent reason while being in a good position in another championship.

Speaking of championships: I was finally able to give my team the boost I wanted. MDR is back where we want.
For myself I am back in contention for Best AM and for the first time this season I am ahead of my archrival.
(Hello @FlyingKman :p)

All in all Bathurst was fun!

I can't wait for the remaining races:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread