Split 1 - R4: Bathurst - 12th Jun 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Banner Bathurst.png

Car: Caterham SP/300.R
Track: Bathurst
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 12th June May 2017
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing
18:45 UTC - Qualifying
19:00 UTC - Race

Qualifying: 15 minutes
Laps: 1+22
Ingame Date: 12th June 2017
Ingame Time: 10:00
Time Progression: 1x
Weather Conditions: Light Cloud > Clear
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the lead car will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the red marker maintaining our 50mph / 80kph speed. Odd numbers will be on the left side and even numbers on the right side.

Please Notice

Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@MelBonkers
@Cluck

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Please add me as a no show, as I'm on vacation in Tunisia.

@Cluck Win this one!

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Please add me as a no show, as I'm on vacation in Tunisia.

@Cluck Win this one!
I'll do my best. Just ran 3 laps. Did a mid-1m58, with 2 spins, followed by a 1m55.4 then a 1m54.3. Need to iron out a few instabilities in the setup (it's proper hairy-lairy-scary going into The Dipper) so 1m53 will be no trouble at all. A bit more practice with the combo and a slightly more refined setup and 1m52 should be on the cards (and almost certainly so with a tow in the right places)

Last edited:

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'll do my best. Just ran 3 laps. Did a mid-1m58, with 2 spins, followed by a 1m55.4 then a 1m54.3. Need to iron out a few instabilities in the setup (it's proper hairy-lairy-scary going into The Dipper) so 1m53 will be no trouble at all. A bit more practice with the combo and a slightly more refined setup and 1m52 should be on the cards (and almost certainly so with a tow in the right places)

Cracking time! How is your downforce setting?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
0 0 probably
Yep :)

In seriousness, I took onboard the scorn and derision (but mostly laughter :D) that a few noted about my Monza setup (equivalent to running with no suspension apparently :D) and adjusted the spring values from that setup but, otherwise, it is the setup I ran there. It maxes out the 6th gear quite early on Conrod Straight, so I need to push that up a notch (or 2) and also try and tame it a little. I don't think there's any mileage in taming it for The Dipper, I'll just brake a little earlier. Trying to get hard on the brakes through that drop is a recipe for disaster - it's bad in a lot of cars but it's lethal in this little thing.

That lap was done with 45L of fuel onboard, by the way (I haven't done a fuel run to see what's going to be needed for the race itself).

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I felt like a rocket following Cluck :stig:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Damn that's fast, thought I was getting somewhere with my 1.55.8 but for the top guys to be thinking 52's are possible...

More practise!
If i can get into 54's I'll be rather content to still be within touching distance of the pro's :p

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Time to share your setups. Were those times on race or quali fuel? Either way it's dam fast!

Damn that's fast, thought I was getting somewhere with my 1.55.8 but for the top guys to be thinking 52's are possible...

More practise!
If i can get into 54's I'll be rather content to still be within touching distance of the pro's :p
Think about me with currently 1:58.6 as my fastest low fuel time. Defo going to be doing more setup tonight!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As mentioned above, that was with 45L of fuel onboard :)

And I'm not trying to show off with this but, I really did only do 3 timed laps. Those laps were just to get a feel for the car on this circuit, as I think I've only ever driven the combo once before, in default setup. The 1m54 lap was far from perfect, I still need to gauge the best places to use boost and tame the setup a little. Then I need to find a safe radiator setting and work out fuel usage for the race. etc etc.

As for gear ratios, it shouldn't take much to work them out ;)

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@jamesl91 My setup is on my steam screenshots if you want to look at it, though the car do oscillate front-rear in certain sections of the track. but most other places its solid.
Found a decent radiator opening is around 50%... Close it for qualy though ;D

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I'm currently mid 1.57's, but the setup is horrible in the dippers, the rear just wants to come round. Not sure what to change?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Best places iv fou d to use boost @Cluck just after the first corner up the hill to turn 2 and then down the hill on the long straight then just around the last corner over start finish..im far from fast so others may have a better opinion on were to use it.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@jamesl91 My setup is on my steam screenshots if you want to look at it, though the car do oscillate front-rear in certain sections of the track. but most other places its solid.
thanks Fubii, will play around with my setup tonight.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
practice lobby up

Name: RSR BATHHURST
Password: rsr123

weather is set to light cloud > clear. weather progression is set to 25% to get a mixture of conditions.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score

Big thank you to Fubii for his setup !!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm currently mid 1.57's, but the setup is horrible in the dippers, the rear just wants to come round. Not sure what to change?
I don't think any setup changes will help you here - that section of the track is tricky in a lot of cars. The trick is to get the speed scrubbed off before the drop, so that you are only lightly on the brakes at that point :)

It's worth sacrificing a small amount of time, going into that corner, to get a nice clean exit for the long straight. This is something I'm learning about how to get a good lap at Le Mans right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread