Split 1 - R3: Sakitto - 26th March 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
You don't double yellow because there is a car driving slower on track. Yellow is being waved because there is a hazard on track, for example a car standing on the track. In FIA a white flag (slow car on track) should have been waved, not a yellow. And Tao should have got a blue flag and let stolnikas pass.

I agree, my reasoning was wrong.

Sorry, but i don't have any more comments on this one, it's just pathetic. Enjoy your well deserved position.

Well I'm sorry if I offended you and Tao shouldn't have steered on the racing line, I was trying to ask if you thought about taking precausions to avoid the possibilty of an incident? I am not happy that you crashed and I am not trying to be smug or to rub salt into the wound and it really sucks that it happened. It's not that I feel that I really earned that overtake.

EDIT: And I am not suggesting that this is an crash that occured because of you

Last edited:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
You're speaking out of my mind! These situations happen to me a couple of times in every race. A sudden over or understeer out of nowhere and it's just about your reaction whether you hold it or you loose it. I don't know much about racecars and can't tell if it's realistic or not, but I kinda got over it and accepted it as a random behavior that I need to correct. It probably has a reason why the car does that - but as you said I cannot foresee that.
On our Formula Student car we are driving a very soft compound. The softest compound the manufacturer can get out of the moulding without damaging the tire or the mould. This tire doesn't want to go far above 69°C. I measured the tire surface temperatures myself. We once, on a very hot summer day, had 80°C, so basically overheating. I can tell you the way pCARS2 does it, isnot the way it goes down with real tires. The tire never loses 100% of it's grip like it happens in pcars2 when temperature is high and the rear breaks lose.

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Well I'm sorry if I offended you and Tao shouldn't have steered on the racing line, I was trying to ask if you thought about taking precausions to avoid the possibilty of an incident? I am not happy that you crashed and I am not trying to be smug or to rub salt into the wound and it really sucks that it happened. It's not that I feel that I really earned that overtake.

Well first, you stated that "@Taorminator had spun at the last corner and @stolnikas wanted to pass him regardlessly to secure P7" and both of the statements were wrong. Then you told, that i definitely needed to slow down (which i no doubt would have done in public lobby).
There was very low possibility of the incident there. From my point of view - i saw a lapped car rejoining and taking left side of the track, i put my car on right side showing him that i'm approaching and i'm expecting the inside for the next corner. I stay there with full throttle while approaching Tao and then i realize, that he's turning in to the corner, i lift off and start braking, but it was already too late.
Tao apologized. I accepted the consequences. What could have been best result this season, was still best result this season..

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Well first, you stated that "@Taorminator had spun at the last corner and @stolnikas wanted to pass him regardlessly to secure P7" and both of the statements were wrong. Then you told, that i definitely needed to slow down (which i no doubt would have done in public lobby).
There was very low possibility of the incident there. From my point of view - i saw a lapped car rejoining and taking left side of the track, i put my car on right side showing him that i'm approaching and i'm expecting the inside for the next corner. I stay there with full throttle while approaching Tao and then i realize, that he's turning in to the corner, i lift off and start braking, but it was already too late.
Tao apologized. I accepted the consequences. What could have been best result this season, was still best result this season..

Yeah that statement was based on my view and I rewatched your video and you did slow down and braked before/when he steered in. My bad @stolnikas my apologies. Sucks that your race was ruined.

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@stolnikas @Nighttiger - please take this to a private conversation if either of you wish to discuss the matter further. This thread is not the place, thank you :)

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Fatih Kursat you being a reserve driver doesn't give me any right to bumb and spin you out! So if I did, please tell me honestly ;-). As for being a reserve driver, you have the exact same rights as any other drive. So please, don't get out of the way, just because you think you have to! Ofcourse if battling would cost you both too much of the race I understand, but a little bit of a fight is what's racing is all about ;-)

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Hugekiss reporting in,
I've seen this track in pcars on Sunday for the first time. Did some practice, setup...
For the first time I was really happy with the setup, the Porsche was awesome.

Quali went ok, did some good laps, last one was fastest:
Start was meh, couldn't decide between 1st and 2nd gear :D, but I held my position, and stayed there until here:
when car lap behind spun into my face. There was some front damage, so I had to pit pretty early and go a bit easier on the tyres, but at least I didn't have any cars in front of me and could concentrate on consistency.

Much later, I caught up with @Alex Salmon , in slower car and got stuck behind. I knew that @fab. ICEMAN is catching us up rapidly, so I tried to be agressive(yet safe) but Alex did a good job keeping the Ford on track and in defensive line. That car looked like handful, was that hard tyres? I also sometimes noticed some of your interesting interpretation of track limits, while wrestling with the Ford :rolleyes:.
In here I made a mistake, didn't see the corner exit 'cause of the stupid fat Ford, went wide, on grass, into wall.

After that, I just nursed it home in P6. Congrats @ProjectPD:blackalien:! Thanks everyone for a great race! :)

Last edited:

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
That car looked like handful, was that hard tyres? I also sometimes noticed some of your interesting interpretation of track limits, while wrestling with the Ford :rolleyes:.
Yeah was on properly overheated hards because... magic? -_-

But yeah I made a couple of mistakes but I made sure I didn't gain an advantage, was just undriveable for like 85% of the race tbh so I was just clinging on for dear life. Sorry about the fat ford, if its a problem I'm sure all the ford drivers will happily switch to the corvette now to help you out ;)

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah was on properly overheated hards because... magic? -_-
Sorry about the fat ford, if its a problem I'm sure all the ford drivers will happily switch to the corvette now to help you out ;)
Hehe, I'm not entirely sure the 'Vette is that OP like everybody thinks it is. Anyway, that spin was 100% because the lack of skill on my side, not because of that fat american ass covered more than half the track :D

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Hehe, I'm not entirely sure the 'Vette is that OP like everybody thinks it is. Anyway, that spin was 100% because the lack of skill on my side, not because of that fat american ass covered more than half the track :D
Its just its lack of aero push it makes it a dominant race car, 1 lap pace is nothing special but it just seems to exist in a clean air bubble xD

But yeah it looked nasty when you went round, unlucky :/

Fatih Kursat

Community Member
Reaction score
@Fatih Kursat you being a reserve driver doesn't give me any right to bumb and spin you out! So if I did, please tell me honestly ;-). As for being a reserve driver, you have the exact same rights as any other drive. So please, don't get out of the way, just because you think you have to! Ofcourse if battling would cost you both too much of the race I understand, but a little bit of a fight is what's racing is all about ;-)
i didn't feel anything about touch or something last night for sure. i just not confident and trust to car.
Sometimes i want to push but as a result bloody spin every time. i did TT default setup mid 1 40's and race laps 1 41.
Last night i didnt even close that times.
Maybe i can be the watkins glen with different car.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Its just its lack of aero push it makes it a dominant race car, 1 lap pace is nothing special but it just seems to exist in a clean air bubble xD

But yeah it looked nasty when you went round, unlucky :/
I'm going to step in here, because this is based on nothing but wild speculation right now.

The matter has been raised with SMS. I have also looked at some live telemetry screens that are available in the non-public builds of pCARS2 and those show zero difference between the Corvette and other cars around it. ie, it is suffering from, and providing, exactly the same type of aero effects as the other cars on the track around it. It provides a draft to cars following it and also benefits from a draft from cars in front. If there was, as you say "a clean air bubble" around it, those things wouldn't happen.

The Corvette and the Porsche are the fastest GTE cars around Sakitto, when flying solo, so no chance to benefit from a speculated bug. Like it or not, that is the current state of affairs.

Now for my final word on this matter. And I do mean final.

Until SMS say otherwise, or somebody independent (ie, totally unrelated to anybody here, with no agenda whatsoever) comes along with 100% definitive proof that the Corvette is somehow bugged in this manner, I do not want to hear another word about it. There is a very nasty undercurrent to the tone of this discussion and, as a RSR Staff member, I do not like it. The race is done, nobody can go back and undo it, everybody needs to look forward, ahead to Watkins Glen which should be an absolute belter. Mid-afternoon race start, dry track, 4 cars with very similar laptimes, perfect for some fantastic racing.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Broadcast from yesterday night is online :)

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks Manu!

So I've opened up my brake pedals, cleaned it thoroughly and sprayed in contact spray.... VOILA it's working without any problems again!! So see me back better and stronger next races
(*I'm sooo relieved*)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks @The Wayfaerer but qualifying is not for me :D But I guess I did show I had the pace to be a top10 contender this race.
Goodjob on the broadcast and thanks for missing my crash ;)

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Regarding this incident, I have indeed talked and apologized to @stolnikas because I agree it was my full responsibililty. Just to clarify on what happened from my POV :

I had a decent half race before I couldn't keep the car on the road... First stint I was involved in several battles which I kept very clean with no contact and respect for the opponent. I was also able to think ahead and dodge several spinning cars. During the second stint my car was undriveable due to I believe overheating soft tyres. I started to loose more and more focus, I was completely washed and spinned multiple times. In the last lap I had spinned already before I lost the rear in 130R and hit the wall on the right side. Before rejoining I made sure no one was showing on my minimap so I rejoined the track and my normal line. My mistake here was not to assess the situation correctly as relative speeds there would have been huge so I should have looked behind longer and clear the path. Because of my lack of focus I was too busy thinking about putting an end to this pathetic race which led to a lack of situational awareness and ultimately the incident...

I never wanted to run away from my responsibility here as I encouraged @stolnikas to take this incident to the stewards if he wanted so and I'm glad we could talk about it in private. However I would like it to remain strictly a racing case and don't want people to argue about it. I feel bad enough for having ruined someone's race and I respect @stolnikas 's disappointment but I don't want it becoming personal. I just wanted to remind that I demonstrated good driving standards, the side by side battle in 130R with @Nighttiger is one of the many examples in this race and battling safe in dirty air isn't easy so it's a shame to finish on such a bad note...

I hope you will still see me as a respectful driver trying his best. It clearly wasn't my day...

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Everyone makes mistakes, situation like these happen in real life too. What is important that ppl accept their mistakes if they did one and apologize like Taorminator did. Can't ask more from a person than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread