Split 1 - R3: Sakitto - 26th March 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
s4-r3-sakitto-banner.jpg

Class: GTE
Track: Sakitto GP
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 26th March 2018
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
18:40 UTC - Qualifying
19:00 UTC - Race

Race
Date: 26th March 2018
Time Progression: 2x
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Qualifying Duration: 20 minutes
Qualifying Start Time: 20:00

Qualifying Weather Forecast: Clear

Race Time: 5 + 60 minutes
Race Start Time: 21:00
Race Weather Forecast: Clear > Overcast

Realism Settings
Force Realistic Driving Aids:
Yes
Force Manual Pitstops: Yes
Tire Wear: Authentic
Fuel Depletion: Yes

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the beginning of sector 3, maintaining our speed. Odd numbers on the left side and even numbers on the right side.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Penalties
-

Confirmed No-Shows
@CrisBCros
@JetPistol
@Nada
@grobi0815
@Cluck
@SBart_uk

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sakitto Pit Procedure

Following the initial discussions in the Questions thread, the Admin team have analysed the pit entry and concluded that it will be perfectly safe provided everybody follows some simple advice, as follows:

1. On the lap you wish to pit in, announce clearly on TeamSpeak that you are intending to pit, on the back straight after 'Spoon'. This is the same straight where we will be forming up in the 2x2 formation.

2. If you forget to make the call, by the time you reach the left-hand bend at the end of the straight, do NOT make an attempt to pit unless there are no cars around you (for the sake of clarity, "around" is defined as to your side or within 5 seconds of your car behind you).

3. After taking the left-turn, move over to the right of the track and STAY right. Maintain your speed as normal until you need to brake.

4. Practice your braking point in advance of the event. As a rough measure, you can start braking hard at the start of the 'service road' on the right (@ 0:26s in the video below)

5. If you are following a pitting car, do NOT try and draft them after the left-turn, take the left-hand side of the track and pass them safely. Attempting to get a draft is very likely to result in an accident.

6. When entering the pit-lane, avoid running wide to the left at all costs. The first sausage kerb has no mesh, meaning you WILL fall into a void there, potentially also throwing your car off at an unpredictable angle. Provided you brake early enough, you will have more than enough control to avoid running wide. If you missed your braking point and know that you are carrying too much speed, abort your pit-entry and try again on the next lap, do not attempt to pit as you will run wide and fall into this missing mesh.

The following video acts as a very simple guide on how to approach the pits safely.

Provided we ALL follow these simple steps, we can have a safe race with no problems entering the pits. Anybody caught trying to pit against these guidelines and/or causing an accident in this area as a result, WILL be punished severely. These guidelines are in place for this race for every driver's safety.

The Admin team have tested this pit-in procedure multiple times and found it to be both safe and reliable. We now consider the matter to be closed.

@Alex Salmon @Battenberg @Cluck @Col_McCoy @Elodyr @EVR Morvic @fab. ICEMAN @Feanor @Hujkis @jamesl91 @JetPistol @miagi @Nighttiger @ProjectPD @Puffpirat @SBart_uk

@CatchAGlimpse @Cornworld @CrisBCros @Dutchtastic @Eugene Flerko @Eugene Gajkin @FlyingKman @grobi0815 @Jonno @Nada @Nakor @SillySausage @steveg200 @stolnikas @Taorminator @TheDoctor46

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Can‘t attend this race - sorry for not making some possible teampoints from my side @ProjectPD

JetPistol

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry to say that guys but I need to withdraw from the league. My injury is not severe but keeps my driving at an uncompetitve and uncomfortable level and I don't want to cover the seat. :( Please get in touch with @t0daY and @Dutchtastic for joining the league and team.

Last edited:

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
<-- put me in as a reserve driver :)

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So after my vacation I'm able to hop in and join the Season finally.
I see mandatory pitstop, I guess it's a mandatory tyre change like always? Can't find the specifics!

Nada

Community Member
Reaction score
sorry I can not participate in this race.

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm sick and can't drive today. Have fun out there.

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
This track is *hard*. Fighting for second-to-last position today.

Anybody willing to share their thoughts on camber, ride height, downforce settings?:rolleyes:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This track is *hard*. Fighting for second-to-last position today.

Anybody willing to share their thoughts on camber, ride height, downforce settings?:rolleyes:
That's OK, you won't need to fight for that position, I'll be pootling around at the back, so you can have an easy second-to-last position :D

More downforce certainly seems to work well here as, aside from the 2 straights, it's all turns.

I've done precious little practice and am utterly unprepared for the race. I've managed to get my quali times down to low 1m40 but I have no idea what race pace is like, I've only done the first 4 laps in race conditions (I got bored :eek:)

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
That's OK, you won't need to fight for that position, I'll be pootling around at the back, so you can have an easy second-to-last position :D
Yeah, right:blackalien: 1min40? I'm two seconds behind :dead:
First time I saw this track in pcars was yesterday...

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
BWM race pace won't be in the 40s I'm afraid.. so we'll be helping you with the fight in the back ;-)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah, right:blackalien: 1min40? I'm two seconds behind :dead:
First time I saw this track in pcars was yesterday...
OK. From memory, if you want some rough starters for 10, based on the Ferrari using default gearing and 2F/8R wings:

1st corner (right) - start braking around the last distance marker board and turn in, but don't use full brakes. This keeps your car nice and stable.
2nd corner (right) - enter in 3rd gear and be easy on the throttle initially, it's all to easy to be too eager and end up washing out wide
3rd corner (gentle right) - take flat
4th corner (sharp left) - drop to 4th for entry and then down to 3rd as your speed drops. Don't get mad on the pedal, you want to maintain a tight line to get a good approach for the long turn 5
5th corner (long right) - 3rd gear and don't get on the power early. Wait wait and wait again is the order of the day here, even with high wing settings
Long left - 3rd gear and if you get the entry right, you can get on the power early, but not full power right away. You'll soon find the right moment
Sharp Right turn - Brake a bit at the last brake marker and turn in, in 4th gear. Get on the power for the short stretch to the next sharp-right, which you can take in 2nd or 3rd. Turn in early and get on the power.
Next left turn is a lift in 4th, I think, for the entry into the corner, but is then flat on the power up the short hill
It's now flat, all the way up to the double left-hander (Spoon, on the real Suzuka)
Start your entry in 4th but drop to 3rd quickly. Gently on the power towards the 2nd left. Drop to 2nd if you like, to take a nice early tight line and get hard on the power. You're aiming to let the car naturally waft over to the right, taking some of the green tarmac with the right-side tyres.
Hard on the power down to '130R', the sharpish left turn. With good wing, you just need to lift a little and turn in hard. Then play with the throttle to avoid running too wide, or taking too tight a line
The final right-hander can be taken flat, especially if you take a very tight line with nobody going into the pits. Almost hug the cones to the right (if they're still there) and keep your foot planted.
And across the line.

This is all off the top of my head from a few quali laps last night. Of course, different cars and different wings might require different gears but the general gist of the lap is there.

The critical corners, the ones where you MUST be patient, are the left, right, left after the first pair of left-handers. Get too eager on the power in the first of those and you'll get all of those turns wrong and lose a bunch of time. Patience is the key through that section :)

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks I agree with everything except
Next left turn is a lift in 4th, I think, for the entry into the corner, but is then flat on the power up the short hill
which I can take without a lift, and the gears (911)

I expect this track to be camber friendly, but how do I know the best angle? Tyre temps don't seem to be much help...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks I agree with everything except

which I can take without a lift, and the gears (911)

I expect this track to be camber friendly, but how do I know the best angle? Tyre temps don't seem to be much help...
Ta :) I quite possibly am flat through there, it's one of the corners I don't even think about :eek:

Camber? No idea. I didn't find any change of pace changing from 2.5 to 3.5 front camber (and commensurate rear camber changes), or 3 different settings between. However, that was purely on a quali-pace perspective.

I tried the hard tyres but I had zero traction and would just slide through every corner. I'm taking soft tyres and just going to manage them by taking it steadier if they start getting warm. In an ideal world we would be able to push 100% of the time but that's not how it works, not even in the real world, at times.

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Very low camber works for me (ferrari). Front and rear. Try 0 to 5 clicks more than the lowest values.
I‘m no expert but the tyre temp is ok on all 3 values with my driving style.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Low camber seems to work for me too, even with low values the inside band of the loaded tyres is always significantly hotter than the middle and outside. A measurement of tyre contact patch would be a nice thing to have, its tricky to compare the temps across the outside tyre mid corner without going off.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, it's all academic in my case as I'm now out of the race tonight. Got a slight customer emergency to deal with that absolutely has to be resolved by 8am tomorrow morning so as soon as I've finished my lunch, that's the rest of my day (and evening) gone :(

I bloody love Sakitto too :(

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Sadly after being ill all weekend i'm going to have to pull out of this one too. I'm just not upto being in the rift for very long. Which is a shame as this was the first track that really suited me...fast corners and cool temps meant I could run hards and push 100% of the time :(. But I suspect night time combined with overcast(kills my fps even in the day) would have made the 2nd half of the race almost impossible anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread