Split 1 - R3: Sakitto - 13th Feb 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Not a good race for me. Had a very good setup and qualified 6th! I even could improve after the start and was 5th until I lost the car in the chicane in lap 2 or 3. Rejoined at the end of the field and battled my way back. It was going well, until I hit the spinning Laiders in R130. I just couldn't avoid him. Pitted instantly as my car was heavily damaged. Rejoined and started working my way back up the field. Until I got to P10 and found Col McCoy in front of me. I was faster and closed up on him, but spun 2 times in the chicane and one time in Turn 2 and damaged the car again. Then I decided to finish the race in P10. I'm a little bit mad with myself for screwing up this race as I had a good car and good setup and was confident I could finish in P8 or P7. But sadly it wasn't to be for me...... Better luck next time I guess.

Edit: Oh yeah, credits go to Puffpirat for giving me some tips that helped me in qualy and race!

Sorry to hear that, didn't know that you got caught up in my spinning antics as well as @Ashnoom :(

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, didn't know that you got caught up in my spinning antics as well as @Ashnoom :(

Laiders,

Don't worry about that mate. You couldn't do anything about that. You just spun and the car came back on track. It was just tough luck. I'm angry with myself for spinning more than once in the chicane. That was what ruined my race in the end.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is why I stormed off as soon as the race lobby was finished

I'm making no further comment right now.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

I'm making no further comment right now.

I am so freaking sorry Cluck... :( :( :(

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
LOL. That's so nasty. It just gives the hope it might finally work, but ... maybe, or ... not ... wait ... nope ...

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Cluck dude mad respect for holding that composure. That just sucks no way around that. Sorry to see that happen to you. I probably would have popped a blood vessel if that happened to me.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Sad I couldn't make the race because of work but hope it was fun all round. Just starting to watch the official stream now, stellar commentary job so far @Hobbnob! Very, very professional. :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am so freaking sorry Cluck... :( :( :(
I have been long overdue a proper show-stopper, it just had to happen in (maybe) the worst possible way. Now I know how you felt in that race you were leading and got disco'd from :(.

@falcon2081 - I'm surprised my Rift still works after being thrown - at quite some velocity - at the floor. Believe me, I was far from holding my composure ;)

At the end of the day, 4 of us got hit by that bug last night so I am also very aware that it's not just me that is wound up. The delicious irony is that I waited an extra lap as Elmo called out to say he was in the pits - he and I were in the same pit box in the warm-up session, so he was trying to prevent me coming in and getting hurt by the bug. There was no way I could have known that KMan was in the pit box behind mine and was in the pits the same lap I chose to come in. That is down to sheer bad luck.

I wasn't going to take P1 or P2 last night, Puff and Suomy definitely had the better race pace - and congratulations to Puff for his win - but I absolutely was on for a podium finish again. That's what wound me up so much. To have that taken away from me, in this way, was frustrating beyond words.

However ...

There is absolutely nothing any of us could have done to stop it happening and there is nothing I can do to change the result. What's done is done. Time to put this behind me and look forward to the next race :)

EDIT : As a general aside, I wanted to make a comment about something I heard over Teamspeak, in the fairly early stages of the race. Although we are to 'self-police' ourselves, when it comes to track limits, you should only make a call on TS when you see somebody consistently running wide, not for single, minor, indiscretions. I think we can file that sort of thing under "unnecessary chatter" :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am gutted for this race. Everything was looking good. Qualifying in 11th(yeh me 11th lol) race start and i was up to 9th but couldnt keep elmo behind so down to 10th but half a lap later mel had an unfortunate spin putting me back to 9th. All was going well untill i ran a tad wide on a corner and the sand trap pulled me in putting me down to 16th. I managed to claw back to 14th(i think) but id pushed the car hard and used more tires than id expected. That lead to my first chicain spin. Ok pull it together john. So i got back on it caught up with debug after loosing the place when i spun and low and behold spin number2 at the chicain. I decided now is a good time to pit. Turns out i pitted and my crew couldnt be botherd to change my tires. Back in to the pits i go tires changed but they loose a wheel nut. Ohh great back out trying to reclaim some time lost. Thats when i met kman coming out the pits(a little of a late call on his side imo but never mind lol) avoiding kman i went in to an uncontrollable slide breaking my suspension so back in the pits i go were i got stuck ending my race. But hey its all fun at the end of it after all its only a game... Bring on dubi lol.

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
It's bad enough that you hear about people spinning and it ruining/compromising their races (as competitive as we all are, I'm sure we'd still want a fair fight). But to hear that the actual game engine has borked some people is really bad news.

Not much I can offer in solace I'm afraid, it's way out of my hands. But here's hoping that it was just a glitch with that track and the rest of the events won't be hampered by these kind of frustrating issues.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
jonno,

When did we make contact? Or do you mean you got distracted when I spun in the chicane in lap 2?

I am gutted for this race. Everything was looking good. Qualifying in 11th(yeh me 11th lol) race start and i was up to 9th but couldnt keep elmo behind so down to 10th but half a lap later mel had an unfortunate spin putting me back to 9th. All was going well untill i ran a tad wide on a corner and the sand trap pulled me in putting me down to 16th. I managed to claw back to 14th(i think) but id pushed the car hard and used more tires than id expected. That lead to my first chicain spin. Ok pull it together john. So i got back on it caught up with debug after loosing the place when i spun and low and behold spin number2 at the chicain. I decided now is a good time to pit. Turns out i pitted and my crew couldnt be botherd to change my tires. Back in to the pits i go tires changed but they loose a wheel nut. Ohh great back out trying to reclaim some time lost. Thats when i met kman coming out the pits(a little of a late call on his side imo but never mind lol) avoiding kman i went in to an uncontrollable slide breaking my suspension so back in the pits i go were i got stuck ending my race. But hey its all fun at the end of it after all its only a game... Bring on dubi lol.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
jonno,

When did we make contact? Or do you mean you got distracted when I spun in the chicane in lap 2?
No mate i was saying your unfortunate spin gave me back 9th. We didnrt make contact just your spin helped me lol...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sad I couldn't make the race because of work but hope it was fun all round. Just starting to watch the official stream now, stellar commentary job so far @Hobbnob! Very, very professional. :)

Thanks for leaving me out... :(

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Hobbnob

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score

Thanks! I hadn't done anything like that before so it was a fun challenge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread