Split 1 - R3: Sakitto - 13th Feb 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
3 - Sakitto National.png

Car: BAC Mono
Track: Sakitto National
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 13th February 2017
18:30 UTC - Optional Practice - 60 minutes
19:30 UTC - Driver Briefing - 15 minutes
19:45 UTC - Qualifying - 15 minutes
20:00 UTC - Race - 1+35 Laps

Ingame Date: 13th August 2017
Ingame Time: 16:00
Time Progression: 1x
Weather Conditions: Light Rain
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the safety car will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the safety car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the red marker maintaining our 50mph / 80kph speed. Odd numbers will be on the left side and even numbers on the right side.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Qualifying Bans
@Blue Monkey
@miagi

Confirmed No-Shows
@SillySausage
@Dama_The_Crow

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Changing topic, who wants to see a wet lap at Sakitto?
Well, by popular demand ( :D ), here's a 1m14 wet lap

In my defence, that's about the 10th lap I'd run and was the 2nd or 3rd lap with the particular set of tyre pressures I was trying.

EDIT : Also, my PC was acting up when I was recording this, so the audio is slightly out of sync and there's a weird jump where it didn't record anything :eek:

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Always nice to go sideways at 100mph on the isn't straight :p

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Despite being quite lairy (OK, VERY lairy :D), it's very controllable. All that's required is a delicate right foot - mash the loud pedal at your peril in this race as you will go sideways, even in 6th!

It was really just a quick test to see what the combo was like. I think people are going to come away from this next race utterly exhausted!

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I go into the races exhausted :D

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Struggling with 2 corners at sakitto the first sharp right hander and the uphill chicain..

Im too slow round sharp right and allways loose the rear on the chicain apart from that 1.16 so only 2 seco ds off cluck get them corners right and ill be fine then just need to work on consistency...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just realised that I'd set my lap in 'Rain' conditions, not Light Rain :eek:. I'll do some more testing during the week as tyre pressures are going to be critical, just as they were for the Nürb race :)

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
It's likely I won't be able to make this one unfortunately. :( I'll be able to confirm a bit closer to the date and make sure I lock in if I'm a confirmed no-show in ample time to find a reserve driver.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well iv done some more laps and im acctually quite happy with my new set up theres more time i can gain but atm im under 1.14.. Well tbh im no were near a 1.14...full race conditions..now lets see how i do with consistency and in a pack..

Attachments

• 20170201_111703.jpg
    20170201_111703.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 430

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I've done a couple of hours today working on setup, i'm determined to get to grips with this car and do myself some justice at least, I like the wet and my style suits the wet so hopefully I can have a better show. Doing 1.13.1's at the moment with half race fuel, but no idea what that is pace wise.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
ok few more laps down to 1.12 now im sure others will destroy my time lol

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thought I'd try the SuperSofts for a laugh (that lap in the 'Rain' conditions was done on the slower, Prime tyres) in a quali session with the event settings. First flying lap resulted in this :-

(video is only 720p so I could get it uploaded more quickly)

Expect to see multiple drivers setting 1m08s laps in quali and during the race itself. The video is my 6th lap with the supersofts in the correct quali/race conditions (I did 3 in the Free Practice session I had set up before qualifying), was super scrappy and was still a mid-1m09s lap.

If anybody wants to see a similar lap with telemetry, let me know and I'll upload it.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
See i told you someone would destroy my lap...

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Well not quite the night I had planned. Couldn't find the wet tyre, so I left it at auto by weather, then couldn't go any quicker than a low 1:15. Realised after about 15 laps that the super soft is a wet and dry tyre. Oh dear, there really is no hope for me at times :(

On the right tyre, somehow manged to get a car that's got turn in oversteer, then mid corner understeer, followed by exit oversteer!!

After about 40 laps, I'm down to a 1:11 flat, but it's like wrestling an angry rhino, and certainly no good to race with. At least we're a while away from the next race. I'm hoping for some divine intervention ;)

Edit: @Cluck - is that 1:09 in quali on race fuel, or quali fuel? Please say quali fuel...

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I wouldnt be suprised if clucks lap was with race fuel... I tried with race fule and found i was quicker weighted down than with enough to do 3/4 flying laps..

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd try the SuperSofts for a laugh...............

You know, you are the main reason that my wife will kill me when I buy Oculus Rift.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You know, you are the main reason that my wife will kill me when I buy Oculus Rift.
Lol mine was actually going to get me one for xmas.. But i need to upgrade my cpu...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was quali fuel :)

However, remember that the lap in the video was set after just 6 laps of my using the supersoft tyres in these conditions (outlap + 3 flying laps in pre-practice and outlap + flying lap in quali) and is very messy, hence why I'm absolutely certain we'll be seeing 1m08 laps :).

In total, I've still only done about 20 laps of this circuit in the BAC Mono, with 3 or 4 done in time trial and about 10 done in the 'Rain' and 'Light Rain' conditions with the Prime tyre. Need to try full race distance to see how the tyres hold up for pace and temp.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was quali fuel :)

However, remember that the lap in the video was set after just 6 laps of my using the supersoft tyres in these conditions (outlap + 3 flying laps in pre-practice and outlap + flying lap in quali) and is very messy, hence why I'm absolutely certain we'll be seeing 1m08 laps :).

In total, I've still only done about 20 laps of this circuit in the BAC Mono, with 3 or 4 done in time trial and about 10 done in the 'Rain' and 'Light Rain' conditions with the Prime tyre. Need to try full race distance to see how the tyres hold up for pace and temp.
1.08 yey only 4 seconds off then lol...
As for tires i have mine low pressure on super softs and they last 30 laps before they start to drop off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread