Split 1 - R3: Laguna Seca - 6th August 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
round-3-banner-1.jpg

Car: Formula Renault 3.5
Track: Laguna Seca
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop for the Feature Race

Date: Monday, 6th August 2018
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
18:40 UTC - Qualifying
18:50 UTC - Sprint Race
19:20 UTC - Qualifying
19:50 UTC - Feature Race

General
In-game Date:
Time Progression:
Weather Progression:

Qualifying
Duration:
Start Time:
Weather Forecast:

Race
Duration:
Start Time:
Weather Forecast:

Sprint
6th August 2018
Real Time
Sync to Race

10 mins
10:00
Clear

17 Laps
11:00
Light Cloud

Feature
6th August 2018
Real Time
Sync to Race

10 mins
16:00
Medium Cloud

34 Laps
17:00
Heavy Cloud > Overcast

Starting Procedure: Standing Start, when the in-game lights turn green the race starts - stay alert and look out for slow starters.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@kobusnell
@Damian Hall
@kaleeb42
@Stokemon

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race 1 at 11 o clock it looks like another challenge to manage the tires! :)

"I love the smell of melted rubber in the morning... it smells like... victory...(obviously not for me :p )"

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Believe it or not, we did test these conditions before posting them. Yes, the tyres will appear to get warm but there was also absolutely no problem nailing fast laps with them in that state :)

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Any chance we can do away with the overcast? Its exactly the same as heavy cloud except it kills fps and costs a lot of laptime :(

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Any chance we can do away with the overcast? Its exactly the same as heavy cloud except it kills fps and costs a lot of laptime :(

@Cluck and @Darksi tested the conditions in VR and experienced no issues at all. Any chance that the fault is on your end?

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
@Cluck and @Darksi tested the conditions in VR and experienced no issues at all. Any chance that the fault is on your end?
Possibly, but I don't think so...I've heard the same thing from many people...It works fine in testing for me too and only seems to be when there is a full grid and/or some time has passed during a race.

Edit : a quick google search showed several posts about it

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63584-Overcast-weather-big-fps-drop

https://steamcommunity.com/app/378860/discussions/1/1496741765131725711/

www.reddit.com/r/pcars/comments/71uath/loss_in_performance_over_time_in_pcars2_wovercast/

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Possibly, but I don't think so...I've heard the same thing from many people...It works fine in testing for me too and only seems to be when there is a full grid and/or some time has passed during a race.

Edit : a quick google search showed several posts about it

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63584-Overcast-weather-big-fps-drop

https://steamcommunity.com/app/378860/discussions/1/1496741765131725711/

www.reddit.com/r/pcars/comments/71uath/loss_in_performance_over_time_in_pcars2_wovercast/

The staff will test once again tonight. But if we start like that the next user will complain about low fps at Rain or whatever conditions he does not like.

Edit: Steam and Forum link is the same User. The reddit comment is also pointing to the same forum entry. So "several" posts about it is a little bit optimistic :p

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
The staff will test once again tonight. But if we start like that the next user will complain about low fps at Rain or whatever conditions he does not like.

Edit: Steam and Forum link is the same User. The reddit comment is also pointing to the same forum entry. So "several" posts about it is a little bit optimistic :p
Yep ok...I didn't read that closely lol :D. I have no issues with rain or the conditions like that which you would expect to give the biggest fps hit. Its very weird.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yep ok...I didn't read that closely lol :D. I have no issues with rain or the conditions like that which you would expect to give the biggest fps hit. Its very weird.

Tried to reduce the super sampling by one click?

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Tried to reduce the super sampling by one click?
I'm at the absolute minimum of everything during league races to have it as smooth as possible (running on a 1070)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm on a 980GTX (somewhere between a 1060 and 1070) and I ran with a full grid of AI last night for 10 laps or so in the feature race configuration. I accelerated the weather to give me overcast within a few laps, back to heavy cloud and back to overcast. I didn't notice a single hiccup or performance problem myself.

Laguna Seca really isn't a demanding circuit and we're not going to have any circuit lights on as the race will end whilst it is still light enough. Also worth bearing in mind that we're only running with 26 cars this season, so that lessens the load too :)

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Well I just ran a full length feature race test to see what happened and there was no fps issues at all. So I can only guess it has something to do with dedicated servers as I've had it happen every time there has been Overcast weather on either the RSR or PRD server.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I observe drops too, though I have a 1080Ti, so I can still cap it at 45 OK.

EDIT: I've not confirmed if it is only on server or also local

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Awesome track... and once again it looks like I can't join. This is gonna be a crappy season for me :S

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just for some giggles, I maxxed out the wings, minimised the radiator and took the car to TT a few minutes ago. There's a 1m06 lap easily on the cards, especially with a better setup.

This isn't a perfect lap, by any means, but was just a quick test to see what difference max. wings makes compared to default. To be clear, this is 100% default setup other than max. wing and closed radiator and ~40% brake ducts. You can see for yourself if you grab the TT setup (fuel is only set as 5L to match the TT setup - the old pCARS1 bug, where fuel was what you set it to, rather than fixed at 5L, was fixed in pCARS2 well before release, so it doesn't matter what fuel level you set. There is zero advantage to setting it to 1L)

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I won't be able to attend, my daughter has been admitted to hospital.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can somebody bomb Laguna Seca so we don't ever have to race it again?
Thanks...

Or get a massive thunderstorm :)

Damian Hall

Community Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I won't be able to make this race due to a Festival here in Barbados called Crop Over. I won't see home until Tuesday . Have a good race guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread