Split 1 - R2: Imola - 23rd October 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
Fuming. Taken out into turn 1 and then a blown engine before I realised it was overheating. All I want to do now is play Divinity Original Sin 2 to calm myself and I can't even do that as I have to sit in the pit lane for the rest of the race. Feeling petty disillusioned after the first couple of rounds.

Edit - Great, for the second week running my replay won't play, so I can't even work out who it was who didn't brake into turn 1.

Last edited:

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh wow my worst race ever :( - Sorry @Gopher04 and @Puffpirat. I lost control and you certainly had no chance to avoid a collision.

Congratulations to @TheDoctor46 for P4, very very well done!

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Shoot can you take me off the list for now. I bought the replacement 599XX Evo rim for my T500 and when I fitted it I've cocked something up. I now have no working buttons on either the new rim or the original. Must have damaged the socket but no idea how, it's virtually impossible to misalign it. I'm such a klutz, I feel awful, I love this wheel :(

G

Gopher04

Oh wow my worst race ever :( - Sorry @Gopher04 and @Puffpirat. I lost control and you certainly had no chance to avoid a collision.

Congratulations to @TheDoctor46 for P4, very very well done!
No problem bud, it happens sometimes, apart from that the race went well, once puff fell back to me his pace was alot quicker, but I have to say the braking I could do with my setup was excellent, I had a really good pass on turn 1, and the down hill in the last sector, and how close me and Nebs finished on the line was just ridiculous, I think he beat me by .001, but again really good close and fair racing guys, so glad I'm back, hopefully it will last.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Not if I can't change gear.
Automatic transmission then...:wacky: I was just trying to cheer you up a bit... Hope you have everything available for the next race, mate.

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Soo, another bad night for me. Imola is not really my favourite track, haven't done enough practice and the setup was shit. This is my biggest problem. I spent a lot of time trying to set the car up, but whatever I've done just made it worse. Too bad I can't really ask for setups from you guys, since we're competing. Anyway, quali-time 2 secs behind pole speaks for itself.

I was ~P10 in the beginning of the race, my pcars froze for about half second while in acque minerali, this caused me to spin. There was some small contact, sorry about that! From what I understand, this is not the first time it happened. Any idea what can cause this? I did not had any process running except from pcars and TS.
After this, I lost concentration and made a few more mistakes, including hitting a wall. Cannot blame lagging for this though :D

See you on Fuji

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone fancy owning up to causing the crash at turn 1? Quite surprised no one has held their hands up to this one yet. It was like being in a typical online lobby with randoms last night, braking normally into turn 1 and then getting rear ended by someone clearly going way too fast.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone fancy owning up to causing the crash at turn 1? Quite surprised no one has held their hands up to this one yet. It was like being in a typical online lobby with randoms last night, braking normally into turn 1 and then getting rear ended by someone clearly going way too fast.
Which position did you start in?

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
There is no reason to call out somebody in the forums to "own up" for the incident. Some people behind me had a decent start, the guys infront were uncertain of their position on the track. Combine those 2 and you get a 3, nearly 4 wide situation which was the cause of the incident in T1.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
have a look through the replay, but like Dutch said, slow starts infront create a bottle neck. Its done now so the next race takes the focus. i can have a look for you later if u like!

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
All I know is that I was taken out into turn 1 and that was because that person touched the grass and came flying into the side of me. He spoke to me after the race and explained there was nothing he could do to stop the car from hitting me and we left it there. I’m guessing you got caught up in that? @SharkyOB

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Someone there had to brake with two wheels on the grass... I'd say it's a good lesson for the next time.

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's really clear from the replay Nighttiger has shared with me via PM that this wasn't the incident I originally thought it was. I was under the impression that I'd been rear ended at high speed by someone and with my current replay issues (neither of the replays from the last two races will load on my PC) I wasn't able to check. It seems the car to the left of Nighttiger braked on the grass which caused him to lose the back end, hit Nighttiger, who then hit me. Unfortunately I hit the wall pretty much head on which destroyed my car.

Just frustrating as in both rounds my race has been ended by an incident I had no control over.

Edit - or maybe that was Gxibbs instead of Nighttiger; I assumed the replay he sent was from behind his car, but possibly not looking at other posts.

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is why quali is equally as important, its not always a bad thing to start from the very back. Its worked for me in the past :D

Fuji should be much cleaner a start with such a wide track.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's really clear from the replay Nighttiger has shared with me via PM that this wasn't the incident I originally thought it was. I was under the impression that I'd been rear ended at high speed by someone and with my current replay issues (neither of the replays from the last two races will load on my PC) I wasn't able to check. It seems the car to the left of Nighttiger braked on the grass which caused him to lose the back end, hit Nighttiger, who then hit me. Unfortunately I hit the wall pretty much head on which destroyed my car.

Just frustrating as in both rounds my race has been ended by an incident I had no control over.

Edit - or maybe that was Gxibbs instead of Nighttiger; I assumed the replay he sent was from behind his car, but possibly not looking at other posts.
I was the car in the middle

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
The video, just very unfortunate, bad luck and no bad intentions. This is Gxbbs perspective:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread