Split 1 - R2: Brno - 30th July 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
round-2-banner-1.jpg

Car: Formula Renault 3.5
Track: Brno
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop for the Feature Race

Date: Monday, 30th July 2018
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:15 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
18:40 UTC - Qualifying
18:50 UTC - Sprint Race
19:20 UTC - Qualifying
19:50 UTC - Feature Race

General
In-game Date:
Time Progression:
Weather Progression:

Qualifying
Duration:
Start Time:
Weather Forecast:

Race
Duration:
Start Time:
Weather Forecast:

Sprint
30th July 2018
Real Time
Sync to Race

10 mins
5:00
Light Rain

12 Laps
6:00
Light Rain

Feature
30th July 2018
Real Time
Sync to Race

10 mins
7:00
Rain

24 Laps
8:00
Rain > Random

Starting Procedure: Standing Start, when the in-game lights turn green the race starts - stay alert and look out for slow starters.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@Col_McCoy
@Nighttiger
@SBart_uk
@fab. ICEMAN

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
18:15 UTC is just when I'm on the highway to home from work.
I can manage 18:30-35 UTC

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
early morning rain :D. Time to start practising :D

a question: random as, the game random feature, or will it be decided pre-race on a draw?

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
early morning rain :D. Time to start practising :D

a question: random as, the game random feature, or will it be decided pre-race on a draw?
We never use the in-game random feature as it can throw up some "interesting" weather (ie. snow). We have a random wheel of fortune-style tool to select the weather and those extreme conditions will not feature on it.

For those worried about the rain, I suggest you put 1 or 2 laps in, you might be in for a very pleasant surprise :)

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks Cluck, that sounds good.

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh dear...and I thought the dry tyre heating/temps were bad. The wets are a joke, this is gonna be pretty difficult.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
^^^ although the temps rose after 2 or 3 laps, to the point where the front right (which takes the most punishment) can go orange or red, the car was still perfectly controllable. Honestly, I've never had so much fun driving in the wet.

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
My entire left side goes bright red after about a lap and a half and then all the grip is gone. I'm hoping its better in full rain for the 24 lapper or once the track gets wetter under light rain. I've only tried quickly in light rain so far.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, at the very start of the race the track is still quite dry, yes - you can actually drive the 1st lap or 2 on slicks, but near the end of the 2nd lap the slicks become "interesting" and it's pointless trying to do a 3rd lap on them. As such, it's simply a case of managing that heat in the early laps. Personally, I didn't have a problem - yes, the front left was getting hot but I still had more than enough grip. Most importantly, it was driveable and enjoyable for those of us that tested it last night.

For what it's worth, we tested the combo out with drivers from both splits and we were all happy with the way the tyre was performing. Is it going to suit everybody and every driving style? No, but that's part of the challenge :).

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Teamate i am interested in all the info you can provide me :D i'm happy to see you pumped for the next race :D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Teamate i am interested in all the info you can provide me :D i'm happy to see you pumped for the next race :D
Well, I don't know any more than is in the race info (other than knowing roughly what options will be in the random weather selector). But I'll share a setup I have to see how you get on with it :)

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oooooh, interesting. As this is my first race, will the "random" option be communicated prior to the race (like in the driver briefing) or are we totally blind going into the race?
Also, does anybody know if the amount of drivers affect how quickly the racetrack dries?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oooooh, interesting. As this is my first race, will the "random" option be communicated prior to the race (like in the driver briefing) or are we totally blind going into the race?
Also, does anybody know if the amount of drivers affect how quickly the racetrack dries?
You will know before the race starts, that's all I can tell you right now :)

EDIT : And yes, the number of drivers on track does affect the drying (or at least, it is certainly supposed to)

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh man, this seems fffuunnn. I hope I can race that race. It is the only race I might not be available. (Am on holiday, but it is a LAN-party) (www.campzone.nl)

Will bring my wheel and my VR, but can't promise anything.
Whether I join or not depends on if the tables are stable enough and I am not a too big of an annoyance to the rest of my tent-members.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh man, this seems fffuunnn. I hope I can race that race. It is the only race I might not be available. (Am on holiday, but it is a LAN-party) (www.campzone.nl)

Will bring my wheel and my VR, but can't promise anything.
Whether I join or not depends on if the tables are stable enough and I am not a too big of an annoyance to the rest of my tent-members.
Just let us know before the briefing if you cannot make it! :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In case it has been missed, we are starting the briefing earlier than usual to allow the track to 'soak in' for qualifying - this also prevents the unfair nature of the first few people out getting a lap time that nobody will then be able to match. To that end, please make sure that when you practice for qualifying, you wait 15 minutes before going out of the garage, to try and get a closer approximation of the track conditions you will face :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
In case it has been missed, we are starting the briefing earlier than usual to allow the track to 'soak in' for qualifying - this also prevents the unfair nature of the first few people out getting a lap time that nobody will then be able to match. To that end, please make sure that when you practice for qualifying, you wait 15 minutes before going out of the garage, to try and get a closer approximation of the track conditions you will face :)
How does this affect (if at all) the start of the race? Does PC2 take into account the weather from the previous qualifying when transitioning to the race? Or will the race still start as if rain "had just started"? Obviously the start is fair and balanced either way, just curious.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It will most likely start in a lightly wetted condition as we're not going to have everybody sit on the grid for 10 minutes, waiting for it to soak in - if you set up your own practice session you'll get a quick idea of what it will be like :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread