Split 1 - R1: Catalunya - 16th Jan 2017 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I told you....
I didn't have setup - car was everywhere but in racing line, my new pedals sliding all over in front of me, didn't have feeling about brake pedal, 5 minutes practice 10 days ago on this track.............

But, I enjoyed race :)
Next race will be totally different.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Disaster for me, car felt fine in practice and qualifying, in the race it felt like the Dec Lock was fully open, everytime I turned in the rear was coming round. I spun every lap for the first 6 laps and then I managed to get a hold on it, still spun more times though.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a lot of fun, only being ruined by my own stupidity by leaving the keys in the front (and only) door to our house. Which basically denied my fiancee (ooh, sounds fancy :p), access to my house. So I had to park the car and open the door for her. Only to see me loose 4 or so places. Tough lesson, but still had a lot of fun.

Good battles with everyone. Sorry Col_McCoy for the second or third lap, first corner where I shoved us both off track. I hadn't adjusted my braking point due to the drafting on the long straight.

@FlyingKman @Puffpirat As for pit strategies. I only had one. I noticed that every time I joined a server it would give me primes instead of softs. Even though I had 2 strategies, one to prime (default) and on to soft (BAC Mono) and in the tuning setup it was set to softs as well.

So I figured to just remove the default setup to only have the modified setup with softs and it seemed fine. So that might be a thing to do for future races.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well im aiming for a better race at nurb as it is one of my most favorable tracks..not over keen on the short sprint as the first corner is going to be a absalute cut fest...
But as they say every dog has its day and i am a true underdog..

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I was expecting a green green green at the start, but I didn't hear one, should there have been one?

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Same here!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was expecting a green green green at the start, but I didn't hear one, should there have been one?
Yes :). Suomy forgot to call it :). Although it's all explained in the rules etc, it was, I believe, his first proper race and certainly his first leading an RSR pack of cars. I know I made a mess of my first pole-position procedure so, although unfortunate and frustrating for some behind him, it's an honest, understandable mistake :). We (well, I!) made sure to let him know after the race in TeamSpeak :D

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yes :). Suomy forgot to call it :). Although it's all explained in the rules etc, it was, I believe, his first proper race and certainly his first leading an RSR pack of cars. I know I made a mess of my first pole-position procedure so, although unfortunate and frustrating for some behind him, it's an honest, understandable mistake :). We (well, I!) made sure to let him know after the race in TeamSpeak :D

Cluck, no worries mate. The first time I started from pole I shouted GREEN..GREEN....and then thought "oops, I didn't push the talk button". For you guys it was something like .........Nothing......nothing.......GREEN!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Honestly, i think this is the reason why we had 0 incidents first corner :)
Not really, there was simply a lot of damn fine driving :). I went into the first corner with miagi to my left and Alex Salmon to my right. Yes, three abreast all the way through the corner and, if memory serves me correctly, zero contact :).

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We're all human and we all make mistakes, which is why we shouldn't worry too much about the lack of 'green green green' call last night. It's only going to be a problem if it happens again so, provided we stop Suomy qualifying 1st, it won't :D.

I am, of course, just pulling Suomy's leg a little. He's aware of what happened and what his responsibilities are, should he find himself in pole-position again, so I doubt it will be a problem. If anything, it's good when something goes wrong as it acts as a reminder to all of us not to be complacent in our duties :)

EDIT : I should add, this is me speaking purely as a member of RSR. The @Admins might see it differently, as is their right of course :)

Last edited:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
We (well, I!) made sure to let him know after the race in TeamSpeak :D

He's aware of what happened and what his responsibilities are, should he find himself in pole-position again, so I doubt it will be a problem.

Out of context it sounds like:

upload_2017-1-17_15-30-33.png

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
By listening to the stream, I've been mentioned by a player during the race. At that moment I've interpreted it as someone complaining and I gave a position back, but now I think I got it wrong. The comment was something like '... loose a place to PatatorJohn' or something like this. May the author of this comment tell me what he meant? That would be appreciated :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
By listening to the stream, I've been mentioned by a player during the race. At that moment I've interpreted it as someone complaining and I gave a position back, but now I think I got it wrong. The comment was something like '... loose a place to PatatorJohn' or something like this. May the author of this comment tell me what he meant? That would be appreciated :)
At what time was the comment said bud ill have a listen..

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Must be @Ashnoom if I am not mistaken.. Speaking dutch which should not happen btw :p
Dutch?

"No harm done. Except for losing a place (to?) PatatorJohn"

If that's Dutch, I'm a potato :p

You say "potato" I say "Patator", let's call the whole race off.

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Dutch?

Funny you should say that, I'm just doing chicken and chips :)

It sounds to me like it's just the Dutch accent over TS.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Dutch?

Correct,

I was given a small nudge in turn one or something. Which made me lose the place to potatorjohn. It was all in English of course. Didn't intend for potatorjohn to give me the position back but he did and a lap further he overtook me again. Anyway, my comment was directed to someone else whose name I forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread