Split 1 - General Chat (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
^^^ well, if he hadn't cheated in the first place there wouldn't have been a problem :p ;) :D

(yes, of course I'm joking)

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Blue Monkey, I really hope these pit issues aren't going to screw the League too much. I think we'll all be a little more into pressing the Pit Request button to see if it's occupied for the races coming up.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
How does the pit box occupied work.??? Is it the cars with the same paint on them and the game thinks there team mates.??? Or is it something really stupid...

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
How does the pit box occupied work.??? Is it the cars with the same paint on them and the game thinks there team mates.??? Or is it something really stupid...

The pit lane doesn't always have enough pit boxes. There might be 30 cars on track but only 20 actual pit boxes. That means 10 people will share a pit box resulting in possible occupied messages.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Driver Update

- @Morvic has joined Split 1 of the International Cup. He will be driving for Team Poland.

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY do you really want me dead?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Suomy iv been trying to figure out were i know your name from and i know now lol your on top most of forzas leaderboards infact im sure iv raced against you too.

Suomy

Community Member
Reaction score
I haven't played forza in a while, you may have raced against me in the past.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I haven't played forza in a while, you may have raced against me in the past.
Mate i went on it last week for the first time in nearly a year lol..

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I cant figure out why im not doing well in this series.. I could blame the car but then a poor workman blames his tools.. I could say im really really $h!t at this sim. Thats a probability.. So why is it in the induction nights im at the front im even battling with some of the faster guys.. I think i should start thinking every race is an induction night.

((.. What is the point of this post... Theres not one but it made me feel better..))

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Possibly the pressure of the race itself? We all behave differently when there's something actually at stake, in the way of points. I wasn't anywhere near my best last night but, fortunately, neither were Puffy or Suomy, we all made silly little mistakes (quite often on the same laps) that often kept us from closing the gaps on each other.

Then there's the possibility that you've got the weird setup problem that I certainly had at a Bathurst race and possibly had at the Ginetta Finals (though, I think that was more down to being seriously unwell as it turned out :yuck:. The car just doesn't feel like the car you've been driving and, consequently, you lose all confidence in it.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Possibly the pressure of the race itself? We all behave differently when there's something actually at stake, in the way of points. I wasn't anywhere near my best last night but, fortunately, neither were Puffy or Suomy, we all made silly little mistakes (quite often on the same laps) that often kept us from closing the gaps on each other.

Then there's the possibility that you've got the weird setup problem that I certainly had at a Bathurst race and possibly had at the Ginetta Finals (though, I think that was more down to being seriously unwell as it turned out :yuck:. The car just doesn't feel like the car you've been driving and, consequently, you lose all confidence in it.
You actually have a really good point there cluck. I think thats my biggest flaw is i have no confidence. Im not being big headed but i know im far from the best and im no were near as crap as i make myself out to be. I supose it all comes with time and practice...

Anyway back on to the topic of racing... Anyone got any tips on the next race at sakitto??

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Induction nights for some of us faster people is a way to relax. So you may get the illusion that you can battle up front when in reality those guys aren't pushing that hard. As Cluck said also the mental aspect of things can play a big role in the race. Little mistakes can translate to big mistakes or even a drop in pace before you know it. The brain can only concentrate so much before it needs a break. This affects everyone but by practice you can train to last longer before your pace drops off. Every time you hit a long straight relax yourself. I personally do deep breaths with long exhales and just kinda mellow out. Helps my brain relax.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Anyway back on to the topic of racing... Anyone got any tips on the next race at sakato.???

Setup, tips would be great, no matter what I change it doesn't seem to make a difference :(

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
I cant figure out why im not doing well in this series.. I could blame the car but then a poor workman blames his tools.. I could say im really really $h!t at this sim. Thats a probability.. So why is it in the induction nights im at the front im even battling with some of the faster guys.. I think i should start thinking every race is an induction night.

((.. What is the point of this post... Theres not one but it made me feel better..))

Tbh Your in with the fastest guys and that probably makes it seem like your slow to you.

The 2nd split is much more competitive for those who cannot keep up with our resident aliens. Apart from the top 4, position 5 -17 were all within a second and a half qualifying meaning we were all in for shot at 5th depending on what happened during the race on pace.

Your qualifying time suggests you would be right in the middle of the pack fighting for anything from 5th-13th or so depending on your race

Been hoping we would get 2 splits for a good year now as I felt exactly the same and it has not disappointed.

It seems like most people get a fairly decent race with some action in split 2 and the ones that are off the pace significantly are learning quickly so hopefully they have some fun too.

Managed a 6th in the first race and ran 9th last night until the pit stop which retired me due to no pit spaces reported twice in a row leaving me with no fuel to try a 3rd attempt at the pits.

On the upside your with the fastest guys which means you have the potential to learn more following them after they lap you etc.. and also will likely have cleaner races due to those guys tending to have better car control and experience racing.

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
I feel a little like that too. My ultimate one lap pace isn't that far from the top 3 or 4, but I can't get it together for the race. Even though I was in the low-mid 1:14s, with fuel, in the practices I'd done, I couldn't even break 1:15 yesterday.

My biggest issue is consistency and overdriving. I used to race and be in the top 3 or so for a few laps, then I'd brake a bit later, run a bit wider, and pooof, I'd be off inspecting the scenery. I've really worked on making sure I don't try and overdrive the car, so I don't make the mistakes. Likewise on the lap times. If I've dropping off, then I won't suddenly try and stick in a lap 3 secs quicker than I've ever been before. I'll just concentrate on a few corners and make sure I'm hitting my brake and turn in points.

Best advise I can give, is just not let it get to you. You'll wind yourself up, get frustrated and end up making even more mistakes.

Oh, that and don't try so bloody hard on the next hot lap competition we have to set which split you go into ;)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I didnt even try hard lol.. Just oulton is one of my most favorite tracks..

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That heat of the real event definitely does play a role. I'm still getting a massive heart beat when we sit there in the pits, with Manu giving the last instructions. It's always an adrenaline rush!

To cite Eminem: the moment you own it you better never let it go, you only got one shot do not miss your chance to blow, this opportunity comes in a lifetime you better :D

This focus on point, nailing that lap in the short amount of time just needs practice. And mental strength, fading out everything around you, so intense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread