Split 1 - General Chat (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

This is the main thread for the Revolution Cup - Season 5. Here you can chat about anything with your fellow league drivers!

General Information
Race Day:
Mondays
Event start: 18:30 UTC

Useful Links
League Information
Team Registration
Race Calendar
Results & Standings
Driving Standards

Drivers

@Alex Salmon @Battenberg @Col_McCoy @Damian Hall @Diluvian @F4H Murphy @fab. ICEMAN @miagi @Nighttiger @ProjectPD @Puffpirat @SBart_uk @t0daY

@Ashnoom @CatchAGlimpse @drukqs @Dutchtastic @Elodyr @Gosku @kaleeb42 @kobusnell @steveg200 @Stokemon @Taorminator @TX3 Ulti @UnstopaPaul

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just wanted to mention that I have the "Pro" tag in the results but I am "Am". It is actually the opposite with @Damian Hall . Could an admin change that? @Cluck @t0daY

Thank you very much :)
According to the driver splits you are the Pro driver in your team :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
According to the driver splits you are the Pro driver in your team :)

It's swapped, will take care of it tonight :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Taorminator I didn't even notice that...

@Cluck according to splits I am the pro driver
You are now, yes, because it's already been changed :p or maybe not

According to the driver splits table thread, you are Am and Tao is Pro

Anyhoo, no matter, the boss is on the case :)

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You are now, yes, because it's already been changed :p or maybe not

According to the driver splits table thread, you are Am and Tao is Pro

Anyhoo, no matter, the boss is on the case :)
Oh ok I am pretty sure the initial split was the other way around when we chose our team... Which made sense because @Damian Hall did a much quicker TT than me. Anyway I absolutely don't care it was just to make sure we are in the correct assignement ;) no boss in the team for me ^^

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY since I cannot post in question thread.
Why has the driver briefing been set 15 minutes earlier without any announcement?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY since I cannot post in question thread.
Why has the driver briefing been set 15 minutes earlier without any announcement?

You can always just simply ask in the race thread. We want to start the Qualy session 15 minutes earlier that the track is raining in. Even if ur late it shouldnt be a problem

Damian Hall

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh ok I am pretty sure the initial split was the other way around when we chose our team... Which made sense because @Damian Hall did a much quicker TT than me. Anyway I absolutely don't care it was just to make sure we are in the correct assignement ;) no boss in the team for me ^^
Ye I thought it was based on times but I'm new as well so maybe that's why I am "AM" but all that matters is I get to race lolol

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ye I thought it was based on times but I'm new as well so maybe that's why I am "AM" but all that matters is I get to race lolol

It is, partially. But your times were convincing therefore we put you up as a Pro Driver. Will do the changes tonight :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've already spoken to drukqs (and my fellow admins) about this but I'm retiring from Season 5 and from racing in general, for the foreseeable future. Truth be told, I've pretty much fallen out of love with sim-racing as a whole, finding I get more pleasure from just driving by myself (be it time-trial or just messing around) or from taking screenshots.

I should add a few things, to set some minds at ease:

1. Nobody is to blame for this, it isn't something any of you in Split 1 - or the rest of the members of RSR - have done, this has been brewing for some months (probably close to 6 months, realistically).
2. I'm not leaving RSR and definitely have zero plans to leave my role as a member of the fantastic Staff team. This place, with its members, means far too much to me to just walk away. It's just the racing aspect I'm putting down.
3. I may or may not be back racing, after however long I decided to stop racing for. Realistically, I won't be taking part in other sims though, iRacing and rF2 frustrate me far more than pCARS1 or pCARS2 ever have (I know this isn't true for some of you but it is for me and this isn't up for debate).
4. No, it's not a mid-life crisis :p. Sim-racing has pretty much been my entire spare time for nearly 7 years (since WMD1 launched) and at a guess, I think I'm as worn of it as my old Logitech G25 was!
5. This isn't a reaction to last night's race. Without even trying, I found myself in 10th place in the feature race before the end of lap 1, having started 20th. Same goes for Race 1, where I moved up 5 spaces, despite shifting up each gear about 4000 revs early! Last night isn't even the 'icing on the cake', it has zero to do with my timing of retirement from racing.
6. Oh and one final thing. This isn't up for discussion, it is what it is, let's leave it at that please :)

A public apology is of course due to drukqs, for my letting him down as a team-mate (not that we did much 'team' stuff as yet, entirely through my own fault). He has taken the news graciously and respectfully but it does mean he needs a team mate, if anybody wants to partner up with him!

There's a fantastic few races left and lots of fights still to be had. I'll be watching all of them and cheering on whoever pays me the most :D. Enjoy the rest of the season everybody :).

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that racing hasn't been enjoyable for you lately, @Cluck. I think it's good that you've realized taking a break is healthy, rather than forcing it and continuing to show up to events which would only makes things worse.

From my perspective, I'm really glad that you'll still be a part of this community. You put so much time and effort into everything RSR, this place wouldn't be what it is without you. Your occasional videos showing us a good lap of a track are so useful, for instance. Mount Bathurst and Laguna Seca are just two good examples of many that come to mind. I'll be hoping for (and looking forward to) more of those in the future!

And I can't help but ask.... what do you think about commentating? As we all know, you're the #WorldsFastestChicken and clearly know how to find a fast lap of a race track. The loading screen for yesterday's Season 5 Cup races stirred a conversation in the Split 2 Teamspeak channel, for example, as we were all quite impressed with your 1 minute 7 second lap in the Time Trial. I think you'd be a great color-commentator during the race broadcasts due to your insight into racing cars and tracks. It's easy to imagine a lead commentator (cough, @King-Kodiak, cough) pausing during the play-by-play action, then you chipping in with, "Well, when I tried this car and track combination, I found that I if I were to kick the rear end out just a touch as I screamed through Turn 6 with my hair on fire, I could gain about a tenth of a second if I were to spit on the right side-view mirror." or something to that effect.
Anyway, just give it some thought. I think you'd be great at it.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
There's no way I could be a commentator - I'm far too animated (and sweary) for that ;)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
There's no way I could be a commentator - I'm far too animated (and sweary) for that ;)

You always have to try before deny it ;)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nice try boss :p . Thing is, I don't want to commentate so that's a fairly large barrier right there! I appreciate the sentiment but it's really not something I want to try :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread