RSR International Cup - Season 1 - Feedback Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is the feedback thread for the RSR International Cup. Specific feedback that we are looking for includes the following :-
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind!
  • Which car would you like to drive for season 2?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
  • How did you like the Team Championship?

Martin G Webb

Community Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to say what a fantastic experience this league has been, a true success and something the club and its members should be rightly proud of. The organisation has been spot on and the participation has been a pleasure. The circuits were spot on for the car, unlike previous leagues, (not mentioning it by name) where GT5 machines were going around Spa . .

Positives are too many to mention and there are very few negatives, from my perspective. The club has shown it can hack it with the big boys and do a great job of putting on a show. Proud to be part of this and I'm really looking forward to the next league.

Thank you all.

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
The season was great. Well organised, good people, great racing.

This was my first organised online racing, and feel like I've gone from a nervous n00b to an actual competitive racer over the course of six races! Thanks to all that organised / took part.

I gave t0day some feedback regarding information as we went along - as a first-timer, there were a few things I didn't know that I guess more experienced people take for granted. As The New Guy, though, pretty much everything made sense, the forums were active and helpful, and it all helped me find my feet quickly.

Season Two? Can't get BMW M1 Procar out of my mind...

Edit: to agree with Martin - track choice was stellar. Short circuits meant they were easy to learn, and plenty of cars around a lot of the time.

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I really enjoyed this. Altho i did do abit of moaning about it lol.. Was nice to kick it with the aliens among us..

Well my thoughts for season 2..
CAR.
Ford focus rs
Mitsubishi lancer evo fq400
Ktm xbow
Mercedes benz A45 amg
Renault megan RS265/275 trophy

TRACKS..
Brands hatch indy/gp
Doningron park nat/gp
Hockenheim nat
Nurburgrig sprint
Oschersleber nat
Oulton park foresters
Sonoma raceway short
Catalunya nat
Well theres a few..
My thoughts were based on what other leagues are not doing every one uses the gt cars. And tbh im not a fan of gt cars..

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
B

Blue Monkey

What did I like about season 1:
  • Went without bigger trouble
  • Stream (even it has limitations)
  • Safety Car for rolling start
  • A lot of fun despite the car

What do I wish for season 2:

• Easier cars, that means no more road cars - the BAC Mono is just a pain to drive and to setup
  • Closer battles - so no LMP1s ie.
  • 2 race format - Grid Race 1: Qualifying - Grid Race 2: Reversed Top 10 of Race 1 Results
  • Longer events (would be necessary for 2 race format) - I mean in total more laps
  • More weather variety (also extreme stuff like thunderstorm)
  • Keep the mandatory pitstop, but 1 of the 2 races shouldn't have it (ie. 2nd sprint race)
  • No more Sakitto National (pit issues)
  • No more tracks with extreme bumps (ie. Dubai Club, Silverstone National)
  • No more such teams - those we had in Season 1 were highly unfair

Season 2 car proposals:
  • Openwheeler: Formula Gulf (FG 1000) [might be too dangerous]
  • Otherwise: Radical SR3-RS (if single car or not depends on car class balancing) - otherwise add the: Palmer-Jaguar JP-LM & Caterham SP/300.R

Season 2 track proposals:
Preferably Full GP tracks
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
  • Donington Park National
  • Hockenheim GP
  • Imola
  • Zolder
  • Road America
  • Monza GP
  • Brno
Please no more extreme bumps / very tight tracks, like Dubai Club - for battles and safety ... this was just freaking dangerous and unpleasant (FFB) to drive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I know i was late in joining this, but enjoyed reading and watching the progress while i had no internet. A thought for the team championship instead of country, why dont the organisers split the entrants into teams of say 4, and then have a team championship based on that. (Just as an Idea).

Either way thanks for having me and I am looking forward to racing with you all through the years to come.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Id like to add to if i may lol..
Is it possible to make the timetrial that will be used to split lobbys harder in someway.?? I dont know if its possible..

And one other note rather than have team GB can it be split in to the nation's.??.

Oh oh oh alsoooooo lol taking some of @Blue Monkey idea and have 2 races but insted of tire change we use a diffrent tire compound per race so a soft and a hard tire used in either race 1 or 2..???
A few more ideas lol..
I have loads infact iv got loads allready i created when i used to run a small league on pcars on the xbox..

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think what Pete said yesterday, that he didn't realize this was our very first league, speaks for itself. A big thank you to all you guys making this happen, of course the RSR stuff but also all the involved members!

For season two I only have one proposal, to introduce a drop result. The idea came after the dreadful Sakitto race and the many pit problems. This way such a race won't influence the championship and it's good for people that sometimes have work or life commitments making them unable to race :)

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Positives: too many to mention
Negatives: 1. I had real life issues interfere with some of the races
2. Bac Mono is not the right car for leagues IMHO
3. Split one had Pace car split 2 none (not serious honestly)
4. Splits incorrectly done did not reflect the true nature of various drivers talents (minor problem)
5. Team Championship could be better

Bac Mono is one car I could not get to grips with just like the Porsche in iRacing.
The Team Championship can be different in that we could have the top Drivers in a split
pick a team for themselves. 5 top Drivers (Aliens) each having 5 drivers say for instance.
Same goes for all the splits.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind!
  • everythink so good so far, great Organisation!
  • Which car would you like to drive for season 2?
  • Openwheeler(lower/medium class) or Prototypes or GT5,4,3. Please no roadcars!!! If then a Change to racing cars, the roadcars have a stupid FFB Feedback and less Setup potential. Rule would be also to have a car/class with Sequenz shifters and no H.
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
  • Next round i would reorganisate the Driver (indepandent from Nation) for split 1 and 2. e.g. lower 1/3 from 1st go to 2nd. Top 1/3 from 2nd go to Split one. That would mix the Driver Little bit and the fast guys from split 2 could drive agains the tops from 1st. Every new one starts in 2. So the Split 1 should have few more Drivers to have the possibility to join directly the slit 2 for new ones.
  • How did you like the Team Championship?
  • Is a nice info, but i don't Thing that we drive as Team. Maybe a improvement for my german friends ;)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Cluck's review of Season 1

Now, before you click the 'back' button and read something else, thinking "here we go, fifteen pages of Cluck moaning about the pit-stops", keep reading, you might be pleasantly surprised :)

The positives

The car - I know there are many that didn't get on with the car but I think it was an inspired choice for an opening season. Once its wearing the right boots (the supersofts), the car is a joy to drive. It goes where you aim it and if you get too aggressive with the loud pedal, it will spin you out. Not too slow, not too fast and, as we saw with some of the qualifying results, it's a perfect fit for tight racing - Split 1's quali times in the final race were bonkers, with the top 3 separated by 0.03s (yes, really!) and the top 13 separated by just 1 second.

The tracks - Aside from the problem with the pits at Sakitto, I thought the tracks were absolutely perfect. Every single one of them presented its own set of challenges. If I had to single a track out as one I'd rather never do again, however, it would be Silverstone National but, that's a purely personal preference thing, I just don't like Silverstone at all, in any of its modern-day layouts. I'm not sure I could have picked a better selection of tracks to be honest.

The drivers - Every single one of you made the season as successful as it was. With a few notable exceptions, the driving was superb. My personal highlight was the 26-lap battle with Puffy at Dubai. Those laps will stick in my mind for a long while and I want to raise a glass to Puffy again for the exemplary driving in that race.

The admin - To all the organisers, the streamers, the commentators, the pace car drivers, I salute you and thank you enormously. Were it not for your efforts, we wouldn't have had a season to run and our races would have gone undocumented except on here. As a "first effort" - I know we've run stuff before, but this was the first proper attempt at doing something on this scale - it was an outstanding achievement. Top job guys.

The 'Team' - Personally, I loved the country idea. Yes, it meant there was a bias towards countries that had a lot of drivers (more chance of a GB driver, for example, winning) but it also made for some nice tactical play as well, as evidenced by the Nürburgring race, when I let Suomy through. I do have a suggestion for Season 2 but that's not for here.

The pits - Yes. You are reading this in the 'positives' section. I loved the tactical element that the forced pit stop brought to the races. In the final race, for example, I was thinking about the pit stop as early as lap 10, thinking "shall I split the race 50/50? Shall I wait and see how the tyres feel?" and, in the end, I cancelled my stop twice because I didn't want to come out behind somebody slower than myself. Likewise, at the Dubai race, I pitted because I saw a line of backmarkers coming up and, with Puffy right on my tail, I figured I'd let him get held up and I'd take advantage of some clear air. Then, again, at Silverstone, I left it late to take full advantage of my tyres on the dry track. All those things would have been missing, were it not for the mandatory pit stop. It would be a real shame to see that removed for the subsequent season(s).

The negatives

The pits - nothing more needs to be said about this

The driving - some of our drivers did themselves and the league, as a whole, no credit whatsoever. You know who you are, you know what you did, I just hope you learn from the mistakes and don't repeat them.

That's it, no more negatives. I truly had a great time, despite the problems thrown at me and my desire to throw the towel in early (not to mention throwing my Rift across the room. Twice. :D). It's telling that I am itching to do another race, I don't want last night's race to be the last of the season.

Season 2 Suggestions

Car - There are many cars that we cannot run, due to problems with autoclutch exploits, so it really rules out any manual shift car. We want something that's now too slow but not too fast, something that encourages pack racing again, without fear of losing wheels. Ideal candidates for me are the Caterham SP300R, the Palmer Jaguar and the Radical SR3 (the SR8 is a hooligan of a car and I'd love to drive that too). Really, any of the lower powered prototypes is an ideal candidate.

Tracks - Since we've had the World Cup, why not run The Euros for the next season? Just stick to European tracks?

Teams - Although the 'driving for your home nation' was an excellent idea - and I loved it myself - it did put too much weight on countries with lots of drivers. Team GB, for example, had a much higher chance of getting a winning driver than other countries. I wonder, therefore, whether we simply allocate the driver's country randomly, to get a more even spread?

That's it for now :) . Thanks, again, to everybody that took part :).

EDIT : I also want to say thank you to the admin for upgrading all those Orange badge-holders to Green after the final race. That was a fantastic gesture from the admin and a great way to thank those that took part. A really nice touch :)

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ahhh what no thank you jonno @Cluck lmao :(:(:D

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Firstly thanks for such a great first league, I think it was highly successful.

My feedback and suggestions:

Pit stops - would suggest no mandatory pit stop and banning tyre changes. For two reasons, firstly this league IMO should highlight pure close racing, not endurance racing and tactics (we have plenty of those events) and secondly the pit stops caused too many problems in Pcars.

Race length - my thought would be to shorten it slightly, 25-30 minutes would be ideal. Make it a pure sprint race and keep the duration short, makes the broadcast more interesting and lets it finish early on a weekday evening. I would strongly suggest only doing one race though, to make each round important and make people think on the way into T1!

Tracks - very good selection. Keep it to short tracks, easier to learn the circuits and practice pure racing with very competitive grids.

Car - thought the Mono was great, if anything a bit too fast. The best/closest racing in the real world happens in cars with little grip that are no faster than a standard modern road car, just watch Goodwood or any UK club race meeting. I would suggest the car for next season should be simple to learn and control as well as being insensitive to setup. My thought is this league should be about close racing not strategy/who can invest the most time to practice/do setup.

I would suggest another road car would be best, but the H gate would be an issue. Maybe Ginetta Juniors or Palmer Jaguar could represent a 'soft' race car to use. I think the R500 is a bit too wild for close racing... would love to use Formula Rookie/Gulf but I don't think we can...

Driving standards - I enjoyed the racing, it was really close and had plenty of amazing battles, but honestly there was a lot of contact. We got away with it and it worked because the Mono was pretty tough, but think we wouldn't get past the first lap in single seaters or GT3s...

Team championship - need some kind of mass participation element to make it interesting, if only the highest placed from each country scores then only the very front of the field will have any effect on the results. Maybe summing the total points a team scores and dividing by the number in the team for each race would be more interesting.

Weather - rain was fun, but not overly fussed about it. Night & fog don't add anything to the event in my view and work against close racing, would suggest we get rid of them. If we're going to do rain (and have a kind dedicated admin again who won't spill the beans) I would strongly suggest doing surprise rain (if you can set it without anyone seeing), the element of surprise/unpredictability is what makes rain exciting in reality. It seems a bit daft to practice driving in the exact conditions weeks before the race!

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
id love to see this..??? could that work..??
20170328220050_1.jpg

VERSUS

20170328220105_1.jpg

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@jonnotheone Those cars are nice but sadly they won't work. Aside from the h-shifter auto-clutch issues. You also have the issue that the Merc is clearly faster than the BMW.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@jonnotheone Those cars are nice but sadly they won't work. Aside from the h-shifter auto-clutch issues. You also have the issue that the Merc is clearly faster than the BMW.
Thats why youd use the mercs restrictor to even it out but if its a shifter issue pointless even talking about it lol...

What ever is picked car wise ill be happy if its not gt3 lmp prototypeish stupidly quick or un controllable..ill leave it in the fair hands of our admins..

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Positives

The car - One of my favourites within pCars & what brought me into the league! Absolutely love throwing it around the 'green hell'

The tracks - Simple short circuits, easy to learn with their own rhythms & nuances. Kept the entire grid in pretty close formation which encouraged close racing, though it did mean that the back markers were lapped regularly. Only one complaint & that's the Dubai circuit. But when I initially did a run through the circuits before the league began I was practising with the penalty system on. Still hate that uphill chicane haha.

The racing - Found myself pitched in an epic battle with Pete more often than not. Being able to even keep up with some of you guys on a controller was a small victory in itself. My Silverstone race & result was just as good as winning the spilt 2 championship :p Everyone was extremely fair when required but also bullish when the fight called for it.

Pit-stops - Have to say I found this to be an excellent idea but there were a few issues with the pitstop bugging out, giving incorrect tyres etc. TBH I didn't mind this either as mistakes in the real world happen (at least you left the pits with 4 wheels on your wagon) which could also ultimately put you out the race. Felt this was extremely important for the dry > wet race as the strategy element played a huge part.

Negatives

Since the pitstop issues come with the game can it really go here? Just from listening to Clucks problems, it can.

I still can't believe the first season is finished :eek:

Team countries - Since the majority of drivers in split 2 were British, Team GB walked away with the championship really early.

Season 2 Suggestions

Car - I've read a few suggestions & offered another one of my favourites but understand the reason for wanting to stay from open wheelers. So what about this... & feel free to take me round back & beat the crap out of me for it..... BAC Mono? :woot:
I'm not too fussy between h-shifters & sequential as my setup can not change. auto clutch with L1 & R1 (I really need to get a wheel)

Tracks - A longer season with more variety of circuits, starting with 2 in asia, 4 through europe & eventually a 2/3 US races? go for a proper international tour, in a fashion similar to F1.

Teams - Rather than go with countries, why not create teams of 3(4 if there is enough reserve drivers) drivers of different skill levels. These teams can then share information between their members freely regarding setups & track tips. I'll leave the task of creating the teams to the admins discretion & hopefully we get an unbiased outcome. :D Think this would increase competition & rivalry whilst still keeping the community friendly enough.

Thanks to cluck for his formatting/layout ;)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I hate this car. :)

Sorry that I couln't be racing for last 3 times but highly unbelieveable things happened for me just in mondays what never happened before.

Next seasone league I promise I would be participating in every race and for that matter my I completely agree with Blue Monkey's post about it.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
The good:

- In the races I participated, I had a blast. The racing was good, with a few exceptions.
- The car. I love the Mono as long as it is on the Supersofts.

The bad:

- The splits were a bit uneven, performance wise. *
- The weather. I just can't stand rain races.
- The time. Mondays were a rather bad choice for me although I completely understand that every day will be a bad choice for someone and the Admins had their reason to set it to Monday.

The proposals:

- TT before the Season need to be improved. I would opt for 3 different tracks with different characteristics. Because some drivers are slow on one track but fast on another and could be placed in the "wrong" split.
- Car: I would like to see the Caterham SP300 or the BMW M3 GT4 (single make! otherwise we'll end up with a bunch of Ginetta's).
- Drop the Country-thing. Create four-driver teams based on their TT-average. The faster ones go in S1, the slower two in S2.

*- that's why I suggested 3 different TT's and have the average position as a reference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread