Assetto Corsa Round 6: Road Atlanta (1 Viewer)

Round 6: Road Atlanta
Posted by Ricardo
Assetto Corsa
Tuesday, October 1, 2019 - 19:00
Until: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Another scrappy night for me. That car is tough to handle.

Big sorry to @hinesy32 for race 1. I misjudged when to break busy staring at your gearbox..

Race 2 I messed up after my shock of having luck and seeing the seas part caused me to miss my turn in at T1. Damage had to be repaired but the game wasn't letting me edit my pit stop and didn't repair so I retired after taking off over the last corner hump due to no front wing causing @Battenberg to follow.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
No worries dude. Race 1 was a write off in the end.

I have been told I have a good looking gearbox....

Dalake

Community Member
Reaction score

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Had a good result in the first race purely due to others' misfortune. Best finish of the season. And @DannyvdMeer even handed me an extra position on the final lap after running out of fuel. Terribly unlucky.

I have a lot of trouble getting back in the groove for the second race. At Laguna Seca I was very tired when the race started, and after a couple of bad mistakes I quit. Here, again, I made some terrible mistakes in the second race, but decided to carry on. Only mistakes from there on was almost losing it in corner 5 a couple of times, but I ended waaaay down.

I hope I'll not be as sleep deprived as I have been the last month or more. I'll try to keep it together for the next one.

Reactions: Tom

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So turning up in the middle of practice and not having any other time between these races to practice, clearly showed last night. I struggled to find the limits on this track. Qualified P11. I felt I maybe could have got into the 1:11's but couldn't put a lap together. Race 2 started okay, although my position on the last bend meant I needed to correct the car a bit on release. Unfortunately I got knocked off on lap one and that was that really. I had light damage at the rear, but it was all down to just not having enough track time here and made quite a few silly errors resulting in plenty of time on the grass. So I just viewed the rest of the race as practice for race 2. Started on P2 in race 2, although I thought I had finished P10. Anyway, got away cleanly but was quickly over taken by @Battenberg who disappeared off into the distance. Sorry to hear you had bad luck during the lead. From there on in I felt much better and had a good feel for the track. I knew everyone behind me was faster so I basically just let people by when they caught me. No point in trying to defend and lose time. Getting near the end of the race @Alex Salmon was putting in some serious lap times and I was worried I may get caught. Came home in P5 which I was pleased with and looking at the stats I was the most consistant driver in race 2. Just shows that even though I lapped in the 1:12's I got a good result because of that.

Well done to the winners and podium drivers!

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Started on P2 in race 2, although I thought I had finished P10
ohhh.... yeah i was almost sure i finished p11 on race1 i was surprised to start on pole on race 2
sorry but i dont have any idea why server did that

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Netherlands last night
3FCC7376-56A2-46B9-AC50-359899E435C3.jpeg

Dalake

Community Member
Reaction score
Ohh btw! i finished the first race in P6. (well actually i didn't finish because i ran out of fuel the last lap but because everyone behind p6 was a lap down i still finished p6) but i had to start the second race from p12 i believe. i didn't complain about it yesterdat because i was happy i still finished 6th and there probably wasn't something we could do at the time being on the grid, but i wanted to bring this to the attention, i assume this is a bug of some sort. i assume this happend because i didn't cross the finish line or something.

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Ohh btw! i finished the first race in P6. (well actually i didn't finish because i ran out of fuel the last lap but because everyone behind p6 was a lap down i still finished p6) but i had to start the second race from p12 i believe. i didn't complain about it yesterdat because i was happy i still finished 6th and there probably wasn't something we could do at the time being on the grid, but i wanted to bring this to the attention, i assume this is a bug of some sort. i assume this happend because i didn't cross the finish line or something.
Thank you like i said to hinesy i have no idea why reverse grid was a little messy, also seems no one has replay from race1 another weird thing that happened

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
No one has any replay files from race 1? :(

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Had a quick look, I have replays of practice, qualifying and race 2. :dead:

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yea, mine didn't capture race 1 either. Something weird has gone on....

Users who are viewing this thread