Assetto Corsa Round 6 - Mills Metropark (2 Viewers)

Round 6 - Mills Metropark
Posted by Ricardo
Assetto Corsa
Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 18:00
Until: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 23:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's safe to say I had a good time last night! :D It's been especially nostalgic since I did my first ever online races around here in rFactor 1, driving the Megane trophy mod on the BROS public servers with a PS2 pad! So it was very nice to come back and get a win.

Thanks to @Noztra, @miagi, @DannyvdMeer and @Alex Salmon for the battles! Here's my video & Timestamps:

13:44 - Qualy lap. Super close to cars around me.
24:20 - Race 1 start. Some touching, a little bumping, no harm done though. Down 3 places, then up 1.
33:05 - Caught up to the battling cars ahead, with Noz towing up behind. In the hunt.
38:10 - A mistake approaching the fast chicane starts a great fight with Noz. We swap places 3 times, before a mistake spins Noz out. Still in P8, but Danny is now on my tail. Pushing to catch back up to P7.
50:22 - I go for a move on Miagi, but I underestimate my overspeed and nearly go straight on. Thankfully he sees me coming and cuts back to retake his place without contact.
51:17 - Miagi makes a mistake on the fast chicane, I get by going onto the straight, but he 'pins' me to the to the right side by sitting on my left rear corner so I can't move over to defend. Back to P8, and Danny is right with us, approaching the final lap.
54:00 - Final battle with Miagi. I get a run onto the back straight, but he defends immediately, so I'm forced to go around the outside. I get alongside around the corner, a little bump, and the track disappears in front of me, and knowing the curbs would probably kill all 3 of us, I cut across the grass and lose a place to Danny behind. Down to P9. No bad feelings, I just got snookered :p

1:03:20 - Race 2 start, starting P2.
1:08:33 - A slide in the final turn puts Alex onto my tail. I hold him off as long as I could on my still cold tyres, but he gets by on the back straight. Down to P3.
1:14:00 - The top 2 collide ahead. up to P1. Uneventful run to the flag from here on. Just pushing for quick consistent laps to build a safety gap to the quicker cars coming through the field behind.
1:32:05 - Final lap. I catch Angel on the back straight, who wanted to do another lap, so I follow him home...
1:34:00 - ...until we meet again on my sideways celebration lap!

Ellisimo

Community Member
Reaction score
@steveg200 That looks terrible in the video, I am sorry but got completely distracted at the start of the race and missed my braking point. why I didn't stop other than I was very busy shouting at the reason I was distracted so much. I did say sorry at the time and had every intention of apologising after the race but you were no longer in TS. In regards to @miagi comments.. I believe that was a completely different situation and not relevant. I tried making a pass on the inside and he still turned in on me @Noztra also had issues with his aggression on the same corner

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
@steveg200 That looks terrible in the video, I am sorry but got completely distracted at the start of the race and missed my braking point. why I didn't stop other than I was very busy shouting at the reason I was distracted so much. I did say sorry at the time and had every intention of apologising after the race but you were no longer in TS. In regards to @miagi comments.. I believe that was a completely different situation and not relevant. I tried making a pass on the inside and he still turned in on me @Noztra also had issues with his aggression on the same corner

Me?

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Yes after the races at VIR you spoke to Miagi about it

I am not sure I follow or is misunderstanding something? I talked to Miagi about what after VIR?

Ellisimo

Community Member
Reaction score
About him cutting in and defending aggressively, I was just referring to how that event was completely different from my obvious infringement last night. @Noztra

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
About him cutting in and defending aggressively, I was just referring to how that event was completely different from my obvious infringement last night. @Noztra

Arh okay. I just thought I missed or had misunderstod something, so just wanted to make sure. :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Really enjoyed the parade lap and 500 yards of race one . Thanks @Ellisimo for turning me around and then pushing me out of the way so you could continue. thanks for the apology which i never got also thanks for not waiting .four hours practicing for nothing. Thanks. Next time if i am in front of you just feel free to knock me out of the way as im getting used to it now.

Although I feel with you this is not the way we are doing things here. This is not the first time for you @steveg200, therefore you are getting now 2 penalty points for breaching the forum conduct.

Again everyone has the opportunity to discuss any incidents via TeamSpeak, Discord, Inbox or Steward Room.

Reading through the stewards room and the race thread I am really asking myself what is going here.

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Although I feel with you this is not the way we are doing things here. This is not the first time for you @steveg200, therefore you are getting now 2 penalty points for breaching the forum conduct.

Again everyone has the opportunity to discuss any incidents via TeamSpeak, Discord, Inbox or Steward Room.

Reading through the stewards room and the race thread I am really asking myself what is going here.

Can you tell me which part of the forum conduct I breached please I can't seem to find it thanks

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
"Revolution Sim Racing expect all members to behave respectfully and politely at all times when on TeamSpeak 3 and any Forums with a RSR presence. We want to foster a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and will not tolerate any form of personal attack or threatening behaviour towards RSR staff or any of our members"

'Naming and shaming' comes under "personal attack".

That is the end of the matter in this thread.

EDIT: For the avoidance of doubt, this is taken from our General Conduct

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Very challenging track, a bit difficult to start learning, luckily I had some experience of this track from rFactor 2;
I was basically in no mans land both race, having the car from several tenth faster than me per lap, then the car behind me several tenth slower than me per lap constantly. Fun to drive this car around though.

Really hope I had free time to do this season.

Users who are viewing this thread