Assetto Corsa Round 6 - Lausitzring (1 Viewer)

Round 6 - Lausitzring
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Monday, February 25, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Monday, February 25, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

popzz

Community Member
Reaction score
I have to work late tonight don't know when I'm gonna be home so better to let a reserve driver take my place. @Noztra

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
And I was worried 34 pit slots would not be enough^^

Down to 26 drivers.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Still no steward report for the last race?

Will be released before the race begins, but I can already tell you there are no major penalties :)

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My AC keep crashing with this track. I tried everything. Delete content, re-download, download earlier version. Even in single player after a few minutes game stops and exits.

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
My AC keep crashing with this track. I tried everything. Delete content, re-download, download earlier version. Even in single player after a few minutes game stops and exits.

Same here. I'll try to race, but i don't know what will happen.

Ellisimo

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to sit this one out, sorry. Had issues trying to run this track on AC. Good luck all

Mr AlcoN

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!
Currently on my way back home from work, had to put some extra hours tonight and I will muck likely miss tonight's race.
Will try to make it but if I don't you know why.
Really Sry for the late notice but got caught in wotk today.
If I don't see you, have a fantastic last race guys!

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
Got DC'ed just after i completed my qualy lap, managed to reconnect for the race start (atfer 2 more DCs), then got DCed again in lap 2 (was in a pretty decent P11 actually). Not to disappointed as i was expecting the DC. (I tried disabling shaders and sol, but it didn't work and i didn't have time to experiment as i got home 30 minutes before the race)

All in all i'm kinda disaponted by the track choice as it wasn't up to par technically speaking.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well there you go, my best race at the last race. I have no confidence in this car and hearing all the posts about how bumpy this track was it wasn't looking good. In the end the bumps just made it a bit more challenging, almost enjoyable! Sometimes you need to turn a negative to a positive.

I got into the mix at the start with quite a few drivers, and then it got stretched out a bit. Got into a battle chasing @TicklishPicklewickle then lost some time in the pits. Almost got into the 39's (fast for me) in the latter stages of the race. @TicklishPicklewickle then made a mistake on the penultimate lap, unlucky mate! Finished 12th in the end.

As @Noztra said on TS, it takes a huge amount of work behind the scenes to run this league having been co-ordinating in previous seasons. So, huge thanks to him, @Ricardo Macieira especially and to @t0daY for having a great first season at RSR. I think it has great overall.

Congratulations to the winners of the drivers and team championships! Also an apology to my team mate @Mazy CZ who got some great results this year and unfortunately I couldn't do the same for the team.

See you all on track soon :)

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Track side objects hate me and I hate track side objects :mad:

Thanks for the intense racing @t0daY and @The Wayfaerer !
If I didn't want to try how much the T1 "tire" barrier influences my momentum, we could have continued our close race. :)
My strategy was almost perfect. After the pitstop I almost managed to pass both of you, but my last laps before the pit weren't good enough.

It was always better for me to start less fuel, and refuel only 30-31 litres in the pit because it takes exactly the time needed for the tire change. So in theory if you refuel more, you loose a lot of time. Even if you have to drive the last laps with worn tires. Not to mention, that you have fresh tires till the end.

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
Race Report:

Good, Bad and 1 race ruining moment.

Q: P11 :), Was so pleased with my lap, stayed calm, didn't go crazy and was competitive with the pack.

R: P19(Last :(), Weird one - had a great start and kept my nose clean, good driving from all around me and was looking forward to what was to come until an incident at the end of the back straight involving @miagi and @hinesy32 - 3 in to 1 does not go. The only thing that has made me sad this season is for 5 of the 6 races I have been involved in incidents on the 1st lap and every race has become a recovery drive (something for me to work on to keep out of trouble *none of the incidents were my fault which makes me feel a little better about them:)).

This put me in 18th, I worked my way back up to P11 but with a broken windscreen, Red front, orange back and side I was not quick but I was pulling away from 12th where I stayed for the 1st half of the race. Pitted with 30min left and came back out in 19th but then whilst racing @Berserkmir -

I spun on the last corner and ended up on the grass on the inside, drove a few feet forward then I was TELEPORTED to the pits, the LAP DID NOT COUNT and with a 30 second penalty, also my car refuelled to my starting level so it was heavy. RACE OVER, I came out a lap down and was starting to be lapped again. I finished the race but for the last 20 minutes I was sad and was once again wondering what might have been**.

**Note: I am not moaning about this track, I really enjoyed it, this type of incident can happen at all tracks (especially with my driving :p).

Thanks to all involved in this season (I'll save my big thanks and congratulations for the end of season review).

Can not wait for Season 2 and I am very excited about all the racing planned for the next few weeks.

See you all soon.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
...an incident at the end of the back straight involving @miagi and @hinesy32 - 3 in to 1 does not go...
@cheekymunkey78 That wasn't me, someone else was in my livery.

Yep, that was me. I was in @hinesy32's livery for some reason tonight. I can only apologise, but I don't think I could have done much else in the circumstances. Not knowing miagi had no control over his car, and with you on my outside, I took a late turn in anticipating miagi to take the apex, but it wasn't the case. Wrong place wrong time for all of us I think. :( Here's the video from my pov:

Aside from that, I had a great opening lap making up some places, but after the crash I struggled with massive understeer & rift stuttering all night, which made for a very unenjoyable drive. I had a little bit of fun with @Ricardo Macieira, @Jomba and @Noztra at the back, but the car was unbelievably frustrating to drive and put a sour note on the end of my already pants season.

Last edited:

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
@hinesy32 sorry mate, just went on the livery.

@Battenberg You didn't stand a chance, even if I wasn't on the outside I don't think you would have had anywhere to go. I wondered what had happen as I was focusing on giving you enough room, the braking point and the car in front I didn't even see @miagi and not his fault if he had no control of the car. Was interesting seeing it from someone else's point of view. Also - nice screen set-up (for streaming is assume).

Reactions: Tom

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
So my little race report. :)

Before the qualify several people had some problems with the track, so didn't really do alot of practice. We got it sorted, but today I found out there actually was a quicker solution.

"Delete acc_lausitzring.ini in assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks and it should work, that config file has some bugs, it is fixed in the Shader patch config file which is included in track directory but apparently shader patch prefers the wrong one. It will speak to LeBluem to add the correct version to default shader patch config."

When I was done helping I joined the game to be ready for qualify, then my PC decided to crash, so I missed my quali group. Finally I got into the game and went out with the last group and qualiied P18 or something.

Took it a bit easy in the start since the first corner can be a bi*tch and doesn't take a lot for people to crash. @Jomba took the opposite approach and went guns blazing into T1, but somehow manage not to hit anyone and gained some places. Aggressive move, but worked - So kudos for that. :)
My lack of practice showed in the start of the race and had some ½ spins. Somehow managed to find some pace in the later part of the race and caught @Battenberg and we had some good racing. I spun and decided to try an undercut on him, but he noticed and pitted the next lap so it didn't work. Spun again and had catch back up to @Battenberg. Got back up to him, when I spun again. :) Think @Battenberg had a "spin Noztra's car" button on his his wheel. :)

In the end I think I finished P14 and even though its not my favorite track, I enjoyed the race. :)

Thank you all for a good season and is really looking forward to all the feedback you guys provide and HUGE thanks to @t0daY and especially Mr. @Ricardo Macieira for doing much of the work this season. :)

Remember ROC event 5/3 - https://revolutionsimracing.com/threads/race-of-champions-take-2.1899/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread