Assetto Corsa Round 2: Salzburgring (1 Viewer)

Round 2: Salzburgring
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Monday, January 14, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Monday, January 14, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Dangerous Gianetta

Community Member
Reaction score
first of all
congratz to podium drivers.
i have just watched replay and it 's my race summary,
honestly i think not too many friends don't think about first chiqane with triple side by side, me ,@popzz and @t0daY ,yeah result was not changed :( .yeah clear in to turn right but not clean turn left.i hit @t0daY unfortunately.maybe i could save but it happened mate.From myside im open to take me to steward.
after some laps i had good fight with @CrisBCros.bythe way mate how you touched me on the straight with slip stream :).i was on race line.and last sector i hit @CrisBCros and bam to yellow barrier.i think all it happened in 3 laps.too bad for me.after pitstop i had great battle with @Mr AlcoN .good driving mate.it just brillant fight for long time.
as a result i always try to get clean drive and respect to all friends.but sometimes crash or hit happens you know.that was yesterday.
it was really enjoyable race even with faults.
thanks to all of you guys.

Ulti

Community Member
Reaction score
I've never really had a good experience at this track. Not only do I find it a really boring track, but also I seem to never be able to finish a race at it for some reason:D First ever race was in RaceRoom with the KTM SuperRacers and I love how it was at the same corner as well where I got killed in the race yesterday:lurking:

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
So Im quite late with my race report, but here we go.

The pace of others in practice was much faster than me. Sometimes I could break into 1:14:9's but usually low 1:15s. Quali went as usual, I was happy to break into 1:14's again, but many people were faster than that. Where? I have no idea :D I think I was around 16th or so.

I had really nice launch, but car in front had to break a bit because other car in front, It went a little bit too close between me and other 2 cars but I gout out unharmed but in mirror I saw some crash. Well, continuing into T1 chicane with snail pace, I saw cars everywhere, navigated through the chicane still facing the right way, but got bumps in front and back, giving me yellow front end. But the car felt still the same. I was up to 11th I think, then got some places due others making mistakes. I had really nice battle with @CrisBCros if I remember and with other car which I don't remember. But when I went for the overtake into T1, on the exit I was touched to the rear a bit or got jumped over the exit kerb and got sideways and slided slowly into the wall on the left. had to reverse back and rejoin but lost like 10 places and was down to 20th. Nevermind, I haven't looked on the replay yet. Then I was trying to be as fast as I could, and the car and track was again really fantastic to drive. I had great battles with @Daz Oz and @Mr AlcoN , I overtook some cars on the outside lane into hairpin after the back long straight and it felt really nice. I was up to 14th but 2 laps to go, I knew that I will not make it with 3 litres of fuel :banghead:
So I went into pits to put 5 litres of fuel for just one last lap which dropped me 2 places. But better finish 17th than not finish.
Looked like the BMW's had the upper hand on this track but still looking forward for next race. This cars are just awesome to drive.

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Here is my replay of the race

Mr AlcoN

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello guys!

Pase wise i wasnt in the race but had some really fun battles. I just thought my car felt heavy and slow and no top speed.

Thanks to @Dangerous Gianetta, our fight was awesome and kept going what felt like forever! Was acctually fun to also being lapped and also continue fighting. tried to use the lapped cars to my advantaged but lacked top speed to gained speed on them unfortunatelly. Check the replay and enjoy. :)
Also thanks to @Mazy CZ for the fight, enjoyed it a lot!

Here is my whole race:

See you next week! :)

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am actually somewhat shocked in how many 'unnececcary' accidents have happened.......

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am actually somewhat shocked in how many 'unnececcary' accidents have happened.......
Dont worry, they haven’t gone un-noticed

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You can't be serious with that 10second time penalty... thats the biggest joke if ever witnessed in my sim racing career.
Jetpistol is not even close to my rear bumper, so I can take whatever line I want to. If there isnt't space for him left, bad luck and brake like I did when I was between Puffpirat and Jeff...
A 10 second time penalty because somebody goes to the grass when there are meters between him and me, sorry I just can't get it :facepalm::facepalm:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You can't be serious with that 10second time penalty... thats the biggest joke if ever witnessed in my sim racing career.
Jetpistol is not even close to my rear bumper, so I can take whatever line I want to. If there isnt't space for him left, bad luck and brake like I did when I was between Puffpirat and Jeff...
A 10 second time penalty because somebody goes to the grass when there are meters between him and me, sorry I just can't get it :facepalm::facepalm:

I can understand the frustration but I am kindly asking to not discuss stewards decisions in the race thread.

If there are any questions just shoot @Jamesl91 or me a message, we can answer them.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can understand the frustration but I am kindly asking to not discuss stewards decisions in the race thread.

If there are any questions just shoot @Jamesl91 or me a message, we can answer them.

The penalties are final, they won't be discussed. We can give a more detailed perspectice but dont get the impression the penalties can be changed.

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
With penalties as harsh as these, a detailed perspective would be more then welcome. However, I won't clutter this topic anymore. Ia have already written to James and I expect an explanation there.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
With penalties as harsh as these, a detailed perspective would be more then welcome. However, I won't clutter this topic anymore. Ia have already written to James and I expect an explanation there.

We can also have a quick chat after tonight. But with all these incidents it is very hard for us to release for each incident a detailed text like in the past.

We provided the time stamps, so you can also have a look on the situation again.

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
How do you mean "we", i thought you said you have nothing to do with stewarding?
He means "we" as in the stewards and staff, but it is mainly our stewards who handle these cases. Staff do sometimes get called in to vote on an outcome if the stewards are split on their decision but Manu mainly does the admin side of it, not deciding cases. That's what our stewards are for :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
How do you mean "we", i thought you said you have nothing to do with stewarding?

As the head of RSR I say "we" exactly. Obviously I oversee everything but as I said before I have no direct impact on any outcomes in the steward room. In this investigation I did not even look much into the internal discussion due the fact I was involved as well in incidents.

I am basically the middle man, posting decisions, close or sticky threads and doing all the other administrations which are needed.

Still I can speak to the stewards and give feedback to you.

Users who are viewing this thread