Assetto Corsa Round 2: Salzburgring (1 Viewer)

Round 2: Salzburgring
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Monday, January 14, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Monday, January 14, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
Couldn't let @t0daY get away with this one, 1st time in front of the stewards :eek:, Feel free to give him as much stick as you like. :p

you are definately a cheeky munkey...

Berserkmir

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow, wasn't really expecting that as I'm not best friends with Salzburhring normally, but I really enjoyed that yesterday! :)
Qualy was alright, took it much too easy through the first chicane and lost the 4 tenths to pole in that corner alone. Nevermind P7 was more than I expected as people suprsingly got a lot slower from practice to qualy...
Got a really got start and was already in between @Jeff[NL] and @miagi as things got too hot for my tastings so I backed off and went to the outside for T1. Someone crashed really hard into my back before T1 think it was @JetPistol who went to the grass on the straight but luckily I survived the chicane somehow and was up to P5. Before I could my rythm I went into the wall in L2 in the 180 degree right hander after the long straight and thought that Salzburgring trap has me again like always. But luckily I was able to get going again pretty fast but dropped from P5 to P15. Survived the next laps and finally got into a good rythm and was able to overtake a lot of cars with very little time loss and progressed up to P7 again, right behind @Vernux . We were pretty similar pacewise so I followed him like his own shadow couple of laps until he went to the pits halfwalf through the race. My tires were still quite good so I decided to stay out a little bit longer and go for an overcut which turned out to be a golden choice as @Alex Salmon came back to the track right in front of me. He was just near enough to gain a little bit in his slipstream on the straights but not that near that I needed to lift off to not fight him. Made couple of 14.1 laps and my BMW was literally flying and went to the pits with about 14min remaining.
Came back on track in P6, somebody went to the pits some laps later so I went into P5. I think then somebody in front of me spun and I took P4 from him and could already see @miagi couple of seconds down the road. With the fresh tires I was able to close to him quite fast and we started to battle on the back straight. Don't know mate if you didn't see the first time or were surprised that I gained so much on the straight but you moved on the straight which caused me to almost crash into your back and out of the race. But we still had a nice battle to the finish line and I could overtake him 2 or 3 laps before chequered flag. Sorry for snatching that last podium spot mate :p
Good team result for Mad Bull as @Diluvian managed to do a awesome recovery race from the back of the field to P8! Solid Points, happy about that!

Really enjoyed the racing yesterday, was all pretty hard but most of the time pretty fair also how it should be :)
Awesome competitive season until now, can't wait for the next races!
Really looking forward to Tor Poznan as I really really love this nice little flowing track!

Cheers,
Exited
Hi noz sorry for my mistake I'm i have miss a brake a little the second lap and i went straight a bit.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Screenshot_20190115_095706_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In images from stream
30:44 - Okay poor start but all things good

30:46 - This looks hairy

30:47 - Oh no

30:48 - Arghhhhh

30:49 - Not another one!

30:50 - I think I've made it...

30:50 (still) - Nope, no I haven't

30:52 - "Hello darkness my old friend..."

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In images from stream
30:44 - Okay poor start but all things good

30:46 - This looks hairy

30:47 - Oh no

30:48 - Arghhhhh

30:49 - Not another one!

30:50 - I think I've made it...

30:50 (still) - Nope, no I haven't

30:52 - "Hello darkness my old friend..."
Can you see helicorsa good when in battle like this? I have it on top of my wheel. Looks like you need to look down we're your actually need to watch the road?

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can you see helicorsa good when in battle like this? I have it on top of my wheel. Looks like you need to look down we're your actually need to watch the road?

In VR I find it distracting and feel like I've got a good idea of where everyone is. Spacial awareness for me is quicker, hence I have it down as it's required but I don't often use it.
Post automatically merged:

Also I can see more in VR than the stream shows, which can be misleading

Last edited:

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In VR I find it distracting and feel like I've got a good idea of where everyone is. Spacial awareness for me is quicker, hence I have it down as it's required but I don't often use it.
I drive in VR to I don't get distracted... Anyway an idea where people are isn't always the best in simracing I think. Some conformation is always nice so you can drive more confident what leads to better results.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I drive in VR to I don't get distracted... Anyway an idea where people are isn't always the best in simracing I think. Some conformation is always nice so you can drive more confident what leads to better results.

Personal opinion, I find it distracting. I spend most of my time racing in rFactor where I have nothing in my eyeline. It's what I prefer. In the start look at the footage now I would have placed the car in the same place as I did using helicorsa. I am fully confident in where I place the car, I very rarely have found myself in the stewards and like to think I am considered as a clean and fair racer.

Again my personal opinion is it does not benefit me enough to warrant being in my eyeline.

This is part of my reasoning too:

humansystems.arc.nasa.gov

I can only access this through my uni account. But "when a pilots heads up display is even slightly too cluttered with information, the pilots attention is maxed out." Basically they can see right through the display, but they are not looking through it.

Last edited:

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
First of all sorry for the issues with server /skins still dont understand why was not correct at restart.
My race,just done a couple laps of practice then when i did quali i was surprised with my time p26
Race: after i survived the apocalypse i crashed myself into a barrier got a lot of damage,broke suspension,etc....ended up last position so very slow i managed my way into the pits and on lap 2 i was alredy being chased by leaders.
thanks to others mistakes/pits/disconnections i ended up in p26.yeahhhh 1 point for me.Sorry @Puffpirat we didnt meant to block you we were fighting for a position

Now people can someone explain me why we still have 38 drivers on grid and end with less than 30,i was already upset with the issues on server and skins,we worked until last minute to fix everything and then people just disconnect.tbh thats not good after all the work and all the people involved into this league , its kinda disrespectful.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry @Puffpirat we didnt meant to block you we were fighting for a position
All good, it looked like you were waiting for the other driver after the first chicane and ended up being two wide blocking all the road. Wasn't sure if you saw me in the heat of the battle :)

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
All good, it looked like you were waiting for the other driver after the first chicane and ended up being two wide blocking all the road. Wasn't sure if you saw me in the heat of the battle :)

you caught us as we decided to go two wide thru turn one, but we were obviously slowed by this to make sure we gave each other room..when we came out side by side I think I had my nose ahead and saw you behind..I just had to keep my foot down to get past before I could move over and I think @Ricardo Macieira may have had to back off a little to let me in..

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
you caught us as we decided to go two wide thru turn one, but we were obviously slowed by this to make sure we gave each other room..when we came out side by side I think I had my nose ahead and saw you behind..I just had to keep my foot down to get past before I could move over and I think @Ricardo Macieira may have had to back off a little to let me in..
yeah i lifted a little to let @Puffpirat pass also i didnt saw him until we blocked the road

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just an unlucky situation. I think it was the only time I had to say anything else than "thank you" while lapping :)

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Ohhh wonderful it was @t0daY who took me out aswell lol...
I hope you already appologized to @hinesy32 before you start to complain here about anything :(

Btw. I watched the replay of @hinesy32 and what I saw there was brutal, that poor guy. My respect to you that you finished the race and didn't rage quite like some other drivers.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It is enough now guys. If you want to blame someone, please go to the steward room.

If you want to talk about incidents use our inbox function and/or teamspeak.

The race thread is not here to point fingers at each other.

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Has anybody uploaded the replay file yet , thanks

Ignore that last post .Found it

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
After I got another hit yes.
just so you know i wasnt having a go or anything i could see you got took out first was just wrong place wrong time kind of things

I hope you already appologized to @hinesy32 before you start to complain here about anything :(

Btw. I watched the replay of @hinesy32 and what I saw there was brutal, that poor guy. My respect to you that you finished the race and didn't rage quite like some other drivers.
if i have caused an incident then it is down to the person involved to make a stewards. and if it does i will request that you have nothing to do with it as you are clearly bias... thats all i will say on the matter as manu has already pointed it out what should be done...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread